Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Angel Merino, Founder of Artist Couture!

This thread is closed. Thank you for participating! 

ArtistCouture Live Chat Image Angel with product.jpg

Angel Merino (a.k.a. @mac_daddyy), makeup artist and founder and CEO of Artist Couture, is chatting live here for the first time ever on Friday, 6/14. Visit this thread from 2–3pm PT to ask about getting a luminous complexion or anything else you wanna know.

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: Live Chat with Angel Merino, Founder of Artist Couture!

@Anonymous All of it, babe! Snatching a face is an art! 

Live Chat with Angel Merino, Founder of Artist Couture!

Hi!!! Can you share some of the best tricks to cover really dark under eye circles? Thanks

@Erkpa Hi! I would recommend you use a color corrector. Use that where your pigmentation is and stipple concealer over it. Be mindful of layering and not moving the product around in circular motions. I hope this helps!

Which shades of diamond light finisher is your favorite as a highlighter and for eyes?

@HwiK Hey Babe, thanks for the question! OMG are you kidding?! ALL OF THEM!!! 🙂 The one thing that I love to make sure of when creating products, is making sure that the formulas and shades are versatile and can be used all over! I am all about that multi-use, honey! But ok, ok , absolute favorite is Artist Couture Diamond Lights Finisher Icy GirlShe doesn't have a base so slays EVERY LOOK!! xo

RE: Live Chat with Angel Merino, Founder of Artist Couture!

Hi angel! I was wondering how did you start as a makeup artist before Artist Couture came about, and what obstacles did you push yourself through to get to where you are today? Also sending love from Memphis, TN ❤️

Re: RE: Live Chat with Angel Merino, Founder of Artist Couture!

@SamiMetanoia Hey Sami! I actually used to dance. I taught several different dance teams and I started to do all of my students makeup before competitions. That was the gateway that first introduced the idea of makeup to me. The rest is history! 

I am 73 years old and basically have a good complexion without many wrinkles.  My eyelids are starting to droop and I will like to know what shades of eyeshadow should I use for my blue eyes.  

@Bugsmother Hii! Please share your skincare routine because I NEED to make sure I don't have wrinkles as I get older! To be honest, for blue eyes anything is going to look amazing! I recommend more taupe shades to add some nice dimension. Maybe a gorgeous metallic green or purple on your eyelids! I hope this helps!

I have tried everything to rid myself of under eye dark circles.  Upon closer inspection, they are more reddish/purple.  The issue, too, is the puffiness.  "They" say use cucumbers and cold spoons blah blah but who has time for that?  I'm 48 and they will only get worse.  Any thoughts?

@IROCKTHEISMANN We’ve all been there, sis! I recommend color correcting, using an orange or peach tone before your foundation and concealer to help cancel out any darkness. With my busy schedule, I keep my eyes fresh using the Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks 6 x Eye Masks!

HEY MAC DADDY!!!

I wanna know when doing makeup what is absolutely wrong . Those mistakes you see great artist do over and over again . Love you....

@TrickeyMickey Heyy! Omg thats a hard one because I feel like everyones artistry is so different and there really is no right or wrong way to do makeup. I would say for me its more about makeup trends that need to go, like over carving and highlighting your eyebrows or contour thats way too harsh. 

I have droopy eyelids, which causes my eye shadow to barely show and it creases. My eyeliner also gets smeared off by the evening. What do you recommend?

@asutor Hi! I would be mindful of the placement of your shadow so you can see it and I would use a good eyeshadow primer to make sure everything stays put. I recommend the  Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Original

Angel, What pencil eyeliner is a must for summer weather? 

@lilweisgirl Heyyyy! I liiive for theMARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner! She doesn’t move in this LA heat! They have a huge color selection also but I love Blacquer!

Anonymous Insider

Im a 14 year old girl, and just started playing with makeup. How should I do a casual eyeshadow look?

@4llie05 Hiiii... If you want something fast and easy I recommend my Artist Couture Diamond Lights Finisher Spotlight GlitzYou can literally apply it with your finger! Just sweep the product across your eyes for a fun gorgeous sparkle!

Anonymous Insider

I’m new to the makeup world. I just want to know which brushes I need for what? Is there a set you would recommend when trying to do natural makeup?

Thank you,

Zariya Gonzalez

@Anonymous Hi! Brushes really depend on what type of look you're trying to create or the amount of makeup you use. I would recommend going inside a Sephora store and having a cast member help you. I love all the Sephora collection brushes!

52 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • ArtistCouture Live Chat Image Angel with product.jpg
  • image2.jpeg
testing