Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Angel Merino, Founder of Artist Couture!

This thread is closed. Thank you for participating! 

ArtistCouture Live Chat Image Angel with product.jpg

Angel Merino (a.k.a. @mac_daddyy), makeup artist and founder and CEO of Artist Couture, is chatting live here for the first time ever on Friday, 6/14. Visit this thread from 2–3pm PT to ask about getting a luminous complexion or anything else you wanna know.

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: Live Chat with Angel Merino, Founder of Artist Couture!

image2.jpeg

Wow! I’m so blown away by all of your guys’ love! Thank you to every single person that joined me today! This was so much fun and we definitely have to do it again! 🙂
️ I hope you all enjoyed this live chat just as much as I did! Don’t forget to shop Artist Couture in stores & online! Bye for now! Xoxo!
 -Angel

Hi Angel! I'm so happy you're here chatting with us today. Fun fact, I learned how to contour by watching one of your videos 🙂 

My question is, what are your favorite products to contour and highlight? 

@BrendaBT Yassss, Honey!! Thank you so much for watching! I really live for all things NARS! To me, they are best in class when it comes to contour and highlighting from creams to powder. And of courseeee topping off with anything Artist Couture is a MUST!!!

Hi! I have very dry skin and want to see what translucent powder would you recommend? Also since I have hooded eyes what are some tips and tricks you can share with me to make my eyes look more appealing.

@aalva13 Hi! I'm obsessed with the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent I would just make sure you're using a hydrating eye cream to make sure your under eyes stay nice and hydrated. As far as eyes go, I think you would love my new Artist Couture Diamond Lights Finisher Spotlight Glitz to add a soft wash of color and sparkle to make your eyes pop! Hope this helps!

Good afternoon Angel! Which foundation would you recommend for me? I am 66 years young and do not have many wrinkles. However, I do have dry skin and I like the dewy look. I haven’t found a foundation that does the job. Do you have any suggestions? Have a great evening! 

@curly1b Hi Love! You look amazing! I would recommend something super hydrating. I honestly love the Lancôme SKIN FEELS GOOD Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 23 16C Real Suede. It's super lightweight, hydrating, gives a beautiful glow, and it's buildable! I hope this helps!

Hi guys!! I’m so excited to be joining you guys today! I wanted to start off by thanking you guys for all of your love & support with my brand! None of this would be possible without you guys and I’m beyond excited for everything we have in store for you guys! Feel free to ask me anything and everything about Artist Couture and/or anything beauty related. Let’s goooo! 

Hi Angel!

Eyeshadow application has always been a difficult task for me, yet I’ve always been curious about testing / playing with it. I do have some nice palettes I hope to utilize one day, but I’m wondering: What suggestions do you have for getting started with learning eyeshadow application? Do you suggest any products or tools for beginners? Also, I think I may have the sort of eyelid that “hoods” my eye a bit, leaving me with not a lot of room to work with the eyeshadow. But this is only slightly. 

Any and all suggestions for this beginner would be greatly appreciated! 

Stay fabulous. 🙂

- Christine 

@EIRAMUH Hey Christine! I know learning how to apply your eyeshadow can be a little intimidating. I would recommend you go to a Sephora store and have one of the cast members teach you a couple tips & tricks or you can also check out my YouTube channel. I have tons of tutorials on different eyeshadow looks and I break everything down from products used to brushes I love. Hope this helps!

RE: Live Chat with Angel Merino, Founder of Artist Couture!

Hi Angel! Besides the highlighters, lip glosses, and Diamond Lights finishers (which I absolutely LOVE), will you ever expand into complexion products and other color cosmetics such as lipsticks, eyeshadows and blushes?

Re: RE: Live Chat with Angel Merino, Founder of Artist Couture!

@ilovetopurplefy Heyyy!! Love your question and that everyone has been asking about new products! 🙂 I CANNOT wait to show you guys what we have in store! We are definitely expanding into new categories and we are going to keep bringing you guys all the shine!! 😉

Hello Angelo how are you? So my question is, I have never been shown how to put makeup on so I never did except for lipstick & mascara nothing else. So I don’t even know how to buy foundation that matches my color perfect. I don’t like foundation that is not matched perfect because I feel it looks bad. Then I feel eye shadow to would not look right at all on me because I have a fat eyelid. What is your recommendation please??? Thank you

@Loucious Hello! Don't feel alone, people tell me this all the time. I honestly think learning how to do your makeup should be a subject in High School lol! All of the Sephora cast members are AMAZING and highly trained. Treat yourself to a makeover in store and have them teach you how to do your makeup. I know you'll love it!

I’m so sorry that I spelled your name wrong Angel lol. Omg that is so true a course in High School that would be AMAZING even though some girls today know more than me. I love the color palettes, some have gorgeous colors & I hate that I can’t do my own when I look at how beautiful some women look. Thank you so much for your response. I’m going to have to see about doing a make over at Sephora. I heard that they can match me with a foundation & give me samples.

RE: Live Chat with Angel Merino, Founder of Artist Couture!

According to you what are the top three ways to remove fine facial hairs (esp. from chin and upper lips)?

Re: RE: Live Chat with Angel Merino, Founder of Artist Couture!

@RushilAnand I honestly just tweeze them. 

Anonymous Insider

I have hooded eyes and was wondering what tips you have for eyeshadow application to make the eyes look BIGGER!  👁👁 Thank you Angel!  ❤️

@DenisePags1082  I love a good inner corner highlight, my ARTIST COUTURE - Diamond Glow Powders or my new Artist Couture Diamond Lights Finisher Spotlight Glitzare perfect! 

Anonymous Insider

Hi! I’m new to contouring. Do you prefer to use a contour stick, powder or liquid concealer? Thanks!

Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • ArtistCouture Live Chat Image Angel with product.jpg
  • image2.jpeg
testing