Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Lip Tips For Dummies.

Got the lip Bite kit for my birthday gift but SUCK at using it. Any tips for applying lipstick? I think I would like the bite tinted lip balm once its back in stock.... Ah here is my sad failed attempt at applying it.

Re: Lip Tips For Dummies.

@solukky I use the Jeffree Star lip scrubs with the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Refresh and Prep Lip Scrubber. I have dry lips so I do this every two days. For treatment, I love fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy 0.3 oz/ 10 mL. This helps make them smooth since I already have larger lips.

Before I apply my liner and lipstick, I like to use the leftover concealer on my sponge and go over my entire lip and apply a highlighter on my Cupid’s bow. It just gives me a nice, even base. I then add a drop of fresh Sugar Wonder Drops Lip Primer 0.16 oz/ 5 mLthen line and fill. The Wonder Drops really smooth out any lines on your lips. It helps prevent any matte lipstick from cracking. This product should definitely be talked about more! ❤️

RE: Re: Lip Tips For Dummies.

Ah lovely!! That sounds awesome and like that product is really good to use! Will have to try it out here! Venturing out which I hardly do from Sephora for make up products but a good friend of mine runs a lipsense account so trying their plumper! Are you familiar with lip plumpers or lipsense!?

@solukky Try a lip primer!  This helps prevent some feathering and bleeding (if your lipstick does that), the lipstick goes on more smoothly and it lasts longer.  I highly recommend the MAC prep and prime lip primer.  It's not at Sephora, but you can get it at Ulta.

Awesome! Never thought of a lip primer! Thank you 🙂 Does anybody know a good lip primer that Sephora carries!?

Re: RE: Re: Lip Tips For Dummies.

@solukky  I know Too Faced and ABH both have lip primers, but I haven't tried them so I can't give you a review.  I was interested in the Too Faced but the associate told it mattified lipstick so I passed as I am not a fan of mattes. TOO FACED - Lip Insurance Lip Primer and ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Lip Primer

@solukky The only one I tried from Sephora was URBAN DECAY - Ultimate Ozone Multipurpose Primer Pencil but I love MAC Prep and Prime Lip better.

@solukky Make sure your lips are hydrated before using lipstick. Also a lipliner will help a lot.  You can use a lipliner first to outline your lips and then fill it in and then apply lipstick on top for it to last longer. Also you can always dab gloss in the center of your lips to make your lips appear fuller. 

I think you did a great job with the lipstick. 

Love your hair color. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 Been using the GLOW lip exfoliate sugar and then moisturizer as a sample I got, But for some reason I do not know if its the shape!? But just did not feel nice and I had the liner too 😩 But will try starting with the liner first this next time. Thank you 🙂

@solukky Anytime. 

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
testing