Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Complexion Club
|

Let's Talk About Foundation

It seems that finding the right foundation is like finding the right nude lipstick...so many options and so difficult the find the right one. I have tried several brands like DIOR, Shiseido  and the most current one Lancome. I use a beauty blender and sometimes my artis brush to apply my foundation to make it look more even.

19050638_1948687342076267_7940774229652275200_n.jpg

I would like to know which foundation seems that works and do wonders for you? What are your  recommendations? Do you have any tips on how to apply it?  

Love,

Deborah

RE: Let's Talk About Foundation

Some of my favorites foundations are Lancôme/Mac studio fix fluid/Natasha Denona foundation X is also a good full coverage foundation. I like to mostly apply them with a beauty blender. It's looks more seemles.

Re: RE: Let's Talk About Foundation

@AREYES1 I do too love to use a beauty blender. It blends perfectly the foundation. I will have to try Denona foundation. 

Right now I'm using the Dior one that says it will minimize pores and it does just that! I have extremely dry and sensitive skin and this foundation does not dry up on me and has not given me any breakouts. It lasts so we'll all day that I am in a friends wedding this weekend and am having her makeup artist use my foundation because I love it so much!

@christie92 LOVE DIOR and I think it is one of my favorites one! Which one from DIOR you like the most? 

Re: Let's Talk About Foundation

if you're looking for a light foundation to even the skin tone, laura mercier tinted moisturizer is absolutely perfect! I use the real techniques sponge which is just as good as a beauty blender and a third of the price, or an artis brush. 

debvazquezortiz wrote:

It seems that finding the right foundation is like finding the right nude lipstick...so many options and so difficult the find the right one. I have tried several brands like DIOR, Shiseido  and the most current one Lancome. I use a beauty blender and sometimes my artis brush to apply my foundation to make it look more even.

I would like to know which foundation seems that works and do wonders for you? What are your  recommendations? Do you have any tips on how to apply it?  

Love,

Deborah

debvazquezortiz wrote:

Love,

Deborah

debvazquezortiz wrote:

Love,

Deborah

debvazquezortiz wrote:

Love,

Deborah

debvazquezortiz wrote:

Love,

Deborah

I have combination skin and my go to foundations are Estee Lauder Double Wear or Too Faced Born this Way. Both have great coverage and last all day. Double Wear is a heavier foundation which doesn't get cakey. 

For a more affordable drug store option, Milani 2 in 1 is pretty amazing. 

@banggrangg I like as well born this way a lot. It is a great foundation and it does provide great coverage!

Anonymous Insider

im obsessed with sheer glow by nars. its not truly sheer coverage but more towards medium. gives such a natural, pretty glow without making me oily. by far my favorite. (i use a damp beauty blender)

@Anonymous I also use a damp beauty blender, it makes a huge difference! 

I love Too Faced Born This Way on my more dry days 🙂

I highly doubt the amount of coconut water they added in the formula does anything for the skin, but strictly speaking about the foundation finish, it gives a natural glow that doesn't look greasy.

For dry skin you really can't beat Tarte. I'm almost always in a hurry to get somewhere or finish something. My favorite thing about Tarte is that I can carefully brush it on like Bob Ross or slap it down like a finger-painting toddler. Despite my fumbling it always looks pro.

The Josie Maran vibrancy foundation is my ultimate HG foundation!  I have dry skin and this is the only one so far that doesn't dry up in a few hours and look scaly.  Its really moisturizing and glowy

I love Urban Decay too. Right now I'm using Kat Von D though. It's the same coverage but I feel a bit easier to apply. I use Ulta blender to apply. 

@Indy701 you are the second person to recommended Urban Decay. I have mix feelings with Kat Von D, I have the impression it have a thicker consistency and it will look cakey, though, I have never tried before. Do you like Kat Von D over UD? and how is the consistency of Kat Von D?

love,

Deborah

the Kat von D one is VERY thick... if you're looking for something for summer I wouldn't recommend this one. Urban Decay all nighter I found to be a lot lighter however the coverage is not as good.  

@debvazquezortiz

I got a week worth of samples from Sephora so I could try both. I picked KVD because it is thicker and I'm going through skin clearing treatment right now so it covers the breakouts pretty well without adding to my skin issues.  I do use a water based gel moisturizer and that helped a lot with both in terms of blending them out. UD does oxidize more than KVD but luckily that made it a perfect match. It's the only foundation that matches my mom's skin so I got one for her and she loves it.  I'll probably go back to UD once I'm all clear. 

Urban Decay is one of my all time favs

@HairMagic I will have to give it a try. Which shade is your favorite one? 

@Omams I will definitively will try the UB and I did heard that the setting spray does wonders!!! So better get my hands on both of them!! Thank you!!!! 

RE: Re: RE: Let's Talk About Foundation

Hi @debvazquezortiz try urban decay all nighter truly amazing lightweight yet with perfect coverage matte finish. You can also buy the all nighter setting spray as well and you are set to slay. Go to the Sephora store to get your perfect match
20 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
  • 19050638_1948687342076267_7940774229652275200_n.jpg
testing