Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

La Mer Test- Is it worth it?

Hi everyone!

There is so much hype around La Mer and I am very eager to try it but it is so expensive! I was able to get my hands on .17 fl oz(5 ml) sample size containers of La Mer The Concentrate Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and La Mer The Treatment Lotion 5 oz/ 150 mL - don't ask me how; a magician never reveals their secrets!

The Concentrate is supposed to help reduce/ fade dark spots and scars while the Treatment Lotion is a  softening lotion type product designed to make your treatments more effective.

I am so curious about these products but thanks to a wonderful skin care regime I hardly have any acne scarring anymore. I really want to try them out so I decided to put them to the ultimate test- use them on my c-section scar. Don't get me wrong I am in NO WAY ashamed of my c-section scar, it is how my wonderful daughter entered this world so I wear it proudly! However, I thought this would be the best test of these products effectiveness. My daughter is 6 months old , meaning the scar is 6 months old as well so it is still pretty apparent.

I am planning on taking "progress" photos and was curious if any BIC members would be interested in following a thread with updates. I took the before photo last night and I did a decent job (or so I think) but for those of you who aren't aware, a c-section scar is a "bikini" scar meaning it sits very low if you catch my drift. I do not want to post anything that may be considered inappropriate so please let me know if these photos would violate the BIC terms in any way.

If you would be interested in following this thread please "heart" it or comment. I don't want to be that person who posts and updates a thread no one cares about so if there is little to no interest I will request the thread be deleted 🙂

Have a wonderful day BIC!

Re: La Mer Test- Is it worth it?

@sparkles0913 Have you asked your OB if you can put that on your C-Section?

I have never put product on both my C-Section scars except for Bio-Oil especially that early since you want the scar to heal and not be irritated.

Re: La Mer Test- Is it worth it?

Hi @SportyGirly125 

Yes I have checked with my OB 🙂 She said as long as it is safe for breastfeeding I am able to apply anything topically to my scar at this point. 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing