cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

It's Time for Spring Cleaning!

Hey BIC!

The flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, and Spring is here. You know what that means... Time for spring cleaning! We know many of you have robust beauty collections and there is something oh-so-satisfying about organizing the numerous samples we've acquired, lipsticks we've collected, and fragrances we adore. It's also important to toss any expired items and to gift products if we know a friend may put them to good use. To motivate each other and hold ourselves accountable, we're starting this thread for everyone to share their spring cleaning projects and wins. 

05.20_Spring Cleaning Post.png

How to participate:

• Set your intention: are you cleaning your beauty vanity? 
  • Share a before picture: the messier your before image, the better your after photo(s) will be 😄
  • Clean clean clean! And feel free to share your tips. 
  • Share your after photos: show off all that you are able to accomplish. No win is too small!

If you’ve already finished your spring cleaning don’t be shy, please share your tips! We are open to all forms of advice. 

*queue the cleanup playlist* 

Re: It's Time for Spring Cleaning!

Hey BIC! Happy first day of Spring!

What do you think about reviving this thread? I for one have been doing a TON of cleaning but my beauty stash needs some serious help. If you're interested in taking on some serious spring cleaning with me comment on this post with "I'm in" or just a cute GIF 😄

Anonymous Insider

@KatieBT I wish I have the foresight & patience to take the BEFORE pics.  LOVE IT!!!

@Anonymous LOVE IT! Let's see those before pictures 😄

I just went through my nailpolishes cause I’m ready to cut the collection in half again.  Not sure if they’re staying here but these are what I’m keeping:)Not sure if they’re staying here but these are what I’m keeping:)

Goodbye!Goodbye!

@heartsmyface What an amazing collection! Great purge! 

Best,

Rebecca

RE: It's Time for Spring Cleaning!

I’ve started up a beauty journal for my collection to categorize shades by undertone and category, alongside their expiration dates and use by dates. It’s weirdly therapeutic and helps me to keep inventory of things I need to use up.

My 70-slot lipstick organizer finally arrived in the mail! I kind of forgot to take a before picture because I immediately started organizing after I got this! Anyways, I thought I had less than 70 lipsticks in my container, but boy was I wrong. If anyone has any ideas on how to store minis, let me know! I also store my KVD and Bite lippies in another makeup organizer! Where all of my lippies were stored beforeWhere all of my lippies were stored before

I'm very pleased at how my Bite minis fit perfectly at the top :)I'm very pleased at how my Bite minis fit perfectly at the top 🙂

I might rearrange some of these later, but for now, this is the resultI might rearrange some of these later, but for now, this is the result

Anonymous Insider

@SpaceLlama , Love this!

@SpaceLlama looks incredible!!

@SpaceLlama looks incredible!!

Wow, looks great, @SpaceLlama! I really need to do something similar!

It really is more convenient and effective, @curlychiquita ! It also looks nicer haha

Awesome lippie organization,  @SpaceLlama !

Thank you, @l8totheparty 🙂

That looks great @SpaceLlama!

Thank you, @faeriegirl ! I'm happy to not waste time trying to find the perfect lipstick anymore haha

Yes to this! I’ve been tossing things I no longer use or have reached their expiration date. Less is more! I hope to have some nice pics of my vanity once things are finally organized 🙂 

After receiving some wonderful unicorn mail from @faeriegirl I decided to organize my masks. I took them all out of the boxes and was able to fit everything in a cloth basket I keep in my bathroom. Yay!

20190529_085027.jpg

Anonymous Insider

@ShortErica That's CUTE!

Thanks @Anonymous! Unfortunately I keep buying masks so now they don't all fit in the basket. So I've got to use quite a bunch before I can get them to fit again. Hoping it is the motivation I need to use them and not buy more!

Anonymous Insider

@ShortErica Have a Mask Party!!!  I think it’s a great way to get immediate feed back from your girlfriend from the ones they are using, and also you won’t feel guilty if you have to throw them away ;).

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • 05.20_Spring Cleaning Post.png
  • Screenshot_20190520_202742.jpg
  • Not too bad but needing tidying
  • After
  • Items I’m decluttering/ putting on trial
  • IMG_20190521_190847.jpg
  • FB_IMG_1558484363074.jpg
  • 20190504_210823.jpg
  • image1 (6).jpeg
  • by.PNG
  • A8F9CABD-8489-4306-82D4-45DD136F7CFB.jpeg
  • 20190529_085027.jpg
  • Where all of my lippies were stored before
  • I'm very pleased at how my Bite minis fit perfectly at the top :)
testing