cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

It's Time for Spring Cleaning!

Hey BIC!

The flowers are blooming, the sun is shining, and Spring is here. You know what that means... Time for spring cleaning! We know many of you have robust beauty collections and there is something oh-so-satisfying about organizing the numerous samples we've acquired, lipsticks we've collected, and fragrances we adore. It's also important to toss any expired items and to gift products if we know a friend may put them to good use. To motivate each other and hold ourselves accountable, we're starting this thread for everyone to share their spring cleaning projects and wins. 

05.20_Spring Cleaning Post.png

How to participate:

• Set your intention: are you cleaning your beauty vanity? 
  • Share a before picture: the messier your before image, the better your after photo(s) will be 😄
  • Clean clean clean! And feel free to share your tips. 
  • Share your after photos: show off all that you are able to accomplish. No win is too small!

If you’ve already finished your spring cleaning don’t be shy, please share your tips! We are open to all forms of advice. 

*queue the cleanup playlist* 

Re: It's Time for Spring Cleaning!

that sounds lovely!

I recently refinished a set of nighstands and customized with new hardware and it was worth it! It was exactly what I wanted without having to pay an arm and a leg for a brand new piece!

@HunterKathleen Depending on how extra you want to be, there are a lot of super cute handle/nob options too- I redid a dresser with a forest theme (yes I did a theme for a single dresser) because I found some brass fox/rabbit/flower handles at an antique mall that I absolutely loved but there's lots of fun options on amazon too if you're less of a crazy person 😬

Omg that sounds so cute!! I would totally do the same thing if I found cute enough hardware. And now I'm going to end up spending my whole day adding things to my Amazon cart for my various projects, lol. I already have stuff in my cart for a wedding cake I'm making for a friend so I'm about to be getting a looot of packages in the mail soon. Eek.

This is going to look so good @HunterKathleen !! I love that chair, how pretty 🙂 

Thanks! I’m excited to get to working on it.

RE: Re: It's Time for Spring Cleaning!

@HunterKathleen Oh wow what a stunning piece and chair! This is going to look amazing! This is BEAUTIFUL!!

Re: RE: Re: It's Time for Spring Cleaning!

Right! I take the bus to and from work, and I found it when I was getting off the bus and walking home. It was a block away from my apartment and I called my bf like “I need help! I can’t carry this by myself!” Lol.

The little stool was sitting outside with it. I checked it out a little closer after I brought it home to see how easy it would be to repaint the metal and maybe reupholster the cushion, and it had a Kirkland’s $50 price sticker on the bottom. 😯 Not a bad deal for free!

I'm about 5 months pregnant and this weekend I started going into full on nesting mode. I started packing away excess skincare and cleaning out my drawers and man have I accumulated a lot of foils anddeluxde sized samples since the start of the year!

Exhibit A.FB_IMG_1558484363074.jpg

I decided I would be taking them all to work with me to share the love with all the ladies in the office! I have so much of my own products that I purchase that I rarely use samples. I used to hoard them for travel, but realistically, you can only use so much on a week long trip! 🤣

Anyway, this is the current state of my vanity... the drawers are still a work in progress!

20190504_210823.jpg

Anonymous Insider

@myxducky I love the glass piece overlay for the quick cleanups.  Gorgeous!

@myxducky awesome vanity!! and thats a lot of samples haha

@myxducky awesome vanity!! and thats a lot of samples haha

Your vanity looks gorgeous,  @myxducky! Congratulations on your baby, too!

@curlychiquitathank you and thank you ❤

@myxducky That's so nice of you to share your goodies with your friends and coworkers!  As a sample-lover myself, I can imagine that they're going to have so much fun picking and choosing from your stash 🙂

@CookieGirl1haha my co-workers totally were amazed by the size of the sample stash and maybe judge a little.. but then they enjoyed themselves pocking out things 😂😂

@myxducky WOW! Awesome job! I am obsessed with your vanity! 

Best,
Rebecca 

thank you @RebeccaBT !

I was shopping around for ages lookingnfor the perfect sized mirror. I'm so glad to gave finally found that matched the space 😁

Your vanity looks beautiful, @myxducky! What a relaxing space to do your beauty routine. The sight of all those samples is definitely a familiar one... 

@GeorginaBTthank you! & I'm so glad I am not the only one 🤣

@myxducky  Congrats !! and very nice organized inviting area now.

I love that mirror with shelf underneath. If you don't mind sharing - where did you buy it from?

@naturalooks15thank you!

I use the dressing table from Ikea for my vanity table. I think its from the Malm line! The mirror is separate but comes with a stand. I think Impressions Vanity makes something very similar to the lighted mirror, but I just found mine at one of those TJMaxx/Marshalls/Winners type stores! Mine is by Danielle, and I think they sell it at  Bed Bath Beyond! 🙂

@myxducky Eeeee!!!  Congrats!!  How exciting!  

20 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • 05.20_Spring Cleaning Post.png
  • Screenshot_20190520_202742.jpg
  • Not too bad but needing tidying
  • After
  • Items I’m decluttering/ putting on trial
  • IMG_20190521_190847.jpg
  • FB_IMG_1558484363074.jpg
  • 20190504_210823.jpg
  • image1 (6).jpeg
  • by.PNG
  • A8F9CABD-8489-4306-82D4-45DD136F7CFB.jpeg
  • 20190529_085027.jpg
  • Where all of my lippies were stored before
  • I'm very pleased at how my Bite minis fit perfectly at the top :)
testing