Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introducing Live Community Chat!

Live Community Chat Image.jpg

Hey Beauty Insider Community!

We are so excited to introduce you to a brand new feature launching today on Sephora.com, Live Community Chat! This new feature allows you to ask and answer questions with other Sephora shoppers directly on product pages. So if you’re searching for a new moisturizer, have a specific question about that Sephora Collection lippie you’re about to purchase, or looking for the perfect gift for your mom, you can ask another Sephora shopper your question and get advice from someone immediately.

Who are those “someones” answering the questions, you ask? Well they’re you! Real people browsing and shopping the site and hanging out in the Beauty Insider Community.

Because we know that our Community members give the best advice and have awesome experience with so many of our products, we are inviting you all to be the very FIRST to jump into Community Chat, answer (and ask!) questions, and try it out. This is your chance to share your knowledge expertise with people shopping on Sephora.com, so that they can get real opinions from real people, in real time!

To launch chat, just visit your favorite product page and click on the “Chat live with Sephora shoppers” icon at the bottom of the page. The feature is available on desktop and mobile web right now, and will be launching on the Sephora app in the next few days.

Have more questions about how the feature works? Check out our FAQ page HERE.

Also we’ll be hanging out in this thread with our feature expert this afternoon, so as you’re trying it out and coming up with questions and feedback, post them here! We’ll try to answer everything we can.

We hope you think it’s a cool as we do!

UPDATE 2/19/21: As of August 2020, Live Community Chat has been retired to make room for a new and exciting way to swap info about your favorite products: Questions & Answers! If you have questions - or knowledge to share with the Community - about a certain product, visit the product page on Sephora.com and click "Ask a Question" under the Questions & Answers module. For more information on Questions & Answers, check out this thread: Introducing Questions & Answers! For customer service inquiries, visit our Customer Service Help page here

Re: Introducing Live Community Chat!

Really hope more people take advantage of this feature and direct their questions to the Live Chat as opposed to starting the same threads over & over....

But what foundation do I use for my oily skin?!?!? What if my skin is dry? There's no way anyone has ever asked this question before, so it's up to me to start at least 4 threads with the same question.

OMG yes!  I don't even know why I'm still posting... what's the point... everything gets lost in the mess and this isn't a community anymore. Total chaos and no organization. I think I'm just having a hard time letting go. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

You've still got us babe!  and you know I'm a bit relentless with the, "hey there's already a thread for that go here" posts.  I'm semi-confident that will stick at some point 😉

@veronika23

Yes I do @ElleElleG Heart  You are a total rock star for doing that! Amaze balls!

@veronika23 It will get better! Right now BIC is a shiny new toy but like everything else, only the ones who truly want a community will stay ❤️ 

@Mcakes  thanks. Doesn't feel like that at all... with everything that's happened I don't know why I bother sometimes... oh well. No optimism left in this child lol

download.jpg

@ElleElleG @darkiceis yeah, the front 10 pages basically look the same as the Live Chat right now 😕 

@ElleElleG I hope so, it is a bit frustrating to scroll threw trying to find "main" threads if that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense @darkiceis!  If it weren't for knowing who to look for* when I forget a thread name and/or using that thread @veronika23 & @Mcakes created, I wouldn't be able to find a single thing!

Tags:

RE: Introducing Live Community Chat!

Please excuse/delete if this posts twice—I forgot the photo the first time and edited the post, then it disappeared (?), so I am trying again. I notice that replies switch from the text box to a grey bubble with slightly lighter text than sent replies as soon as the keyboard pops up (or whenever the text box isn't in view). This might be a small gripe, but I'm sure I can't be the only one. First, it took me a few minutes to realize I hadn't sent my half-written replies by accident (a different color bubble for unsent replies might be a good idea). Also, the text box is the only way to place the caret and edit text, but it doesn't appear to allow scrolling or feature standard selection/cut/copy options. If the text that requires editing or adding is placed beyond what's visible in the beginning of the reply or near the end (accessible to single tapping the text at the end of the text box), this means users must choose the closest option, delete extraneous text to reach the correct point, and then recompose what was just deleted, which is tedious. I'm enjoying the ability to share product recs and experiences and talk to other enthusiasts and realize it's a new implementation, but if your magic app designers could take a look at it, that would be . . . magic?

I LOVE this idea!!!!

Re: RE: Introducing Live Community Chat!

same!!!

Anonymous Insider

Good foundation for acne and oily skin. Can't find anything that works

@Anonymous I'm looking for the SAME THING!

is the sephora shopper just a name for randomm too or is it all the same person? because my live chat is mainly filled with sephora shopper so I don't know if it's the same p erson or not but i'd like to be able to see other peoples questions if it is

@Blackwhiskey It's not the same person, it's just the ID for people that don't want to create a BIC account. If you answer via TokyWoky, "sephorashopper" shows up as "visitor" with a unique 8 digit code. 

Very cool!!! What a great idea!!!! 

Ok so I answered a question and now that person replied with another question and it won't let me leave another response. Is that normal?

I thought to check out this feature but it doesn't work for me. If I'm on a product page, the chat disappears as soon I click "Reply to chat one-on-one" and if I'm at one of the community pages, it just refreshes with no option to actually reply. 

142 Replies
Photos12
  • Live Community Chat Image.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 3.00.57 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 3.01.20 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 3.01.05 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 5.03.49 PM.png
  • This customer asked about the Moschino release, and I explained about the shipping delays. They asked me if the website was incorrect, and I to,d them I don't work for Sephora, and then they got mean.
  • IMG_2188.PNG
  • IMG_2916.PNG
  • IMG_2915.PNG
  • IMG_2356.PNG
  • download.jpg
testing