Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introducing Live Community Chat!

Live Community Chat Image.jpg

Hey Beauty Insider Community!

We are so excited to introduce you to a brand new feature launching today on Sephora.com, Live Community Chat! This new feature allows you to ask and answer questions with other Sephora shoppers directly on product pages. So if you’re searching for a new moisturizer, have a specific question about that Sephora Collection lippie you’re about to purchase, or looking for the perfect gift for your mom, you can ask another Sephora shopper your question and get advice from someone immediately.

Who are those “someones” answering the questions, you ask? Well they’re you! Real people browsing and shopping the site and hanging out in the Beauty Insider Community.

Because we know that our Community members give the best advice and have awesome experience with so many of our products, we are inviting you all to be the very FIRST to jump into Community Chat, answer (and ask!) questions, and try it out. This is your chance to share your knowledge expertise with people shopping on Sephora.com, so that they can get real opinions from real people, in real time!

To launch chat, just visit your favorite product page and click on the “Chat live with Sephora shoppers” icon at the bottom of the page. The feature is available on desktop and mobile web right now, and will be launching on the Sephora app in the next few days.

Have more questions about how the feature works? Check out our FAQ page HERE.

Also we’ll be hanging out in this thread with our feature expert this afternoon, so as you’re trying it out and coming up with questions and feedback, post them here! We’ll try to answer everything we can.

We hope you think it’s a cool as we do!

UPDATE 2/19/21: As of August 2020, Live Community Chat has been retired to make room for a new and exciting way to swap info about your favorite products: Questions & Answers! If you have questions - or knowledge to share with the Community - about a certain product, visit the product page on Sephora.com and click "Ask a Question" under the Questions & Answers module. For more information on Questions & Answers, check out this thread: Introducing Questions & Answers! For customer service inquiries, visit our Customer Service Help page here

Re: Introducing Live Community Chat!

Is this still available? I can't find it anymore. Thanks!

Hi @loveyall Yes, it is! You should see the pop up that says "Live chat with other Sephora Shoppers" on the bottom right of the product page you are on. 

I have a pink champagne prom dress. It has a beaded top. I was wondering what kind of lipstick or makeup style would look nice with it. I was gonna use either Huda Sasha lashes or Koko lashes goddess, I was gonna either use my soft glam pallet or maybe the modern renaissance. Im still lost on what kinda lipstick I should use

Contrast with berry color punk rocker sheena or go play safe with fushia color Big Bang if they still make it.from urban decay or Sephora brands.

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I've used this Lancome La Laque Fever lip gloss for years & everyone compliments me on it. Now Lancome no longer carries it. The color is a sparkly bronze, called neutral current. Can anyone suggest something similar, either Lancome or other? You can see the color on Amazon, where it says "not available". Thanks so much.

Anonymous Insider

hmm well i think laura merceir extreme matte lipstick ruthless color it's 28 dollars

@gjvalleygirlwrote:

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I've used this Lancome La Laque Fever lip gloss for years & everyone compliments me on it. Now Lancome no longer carries it. The color is a sparkly bronze, called neutral current. Can anyone suggest something similar, either Lancome or other? You can see the color on Amazon, where it says "not available". Thanks so much.

Anonymous Insider

I need help for prom. I have a dark silver dress with a peach see through design. I have no clue on what colors of eye shadow I should use since the color is so dark. Any suggestions?

Due to the colour of your dress there are so many amazing options that you can choose from! You can always do with some metallics for eye shadow as well as lips, with a great pop of highlighter. But if you want to add some crazy colour you can always go with a brighter coloured shoe such as red, and build a colour scheme for your makeup based on that. Lastly, if you feel like having a not so daring look, you can never go wrong with a regular smokey eye and a nude lip! I would highly recommend the Sultry Eyeshadow Palette from ANASTASIA!  Hope this helps! ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS - Sultry Eyeshadow Palette KVD Beauty Everlasting Longwear Liquid Lipstick Outlaw

Highlight the entire lid in beige peach then use some light silver on just the bottom lid and gray silver in corners and bottom lid and crease of lid

Anonymous Insider

bronze or gold or gray or white 

Anonymous Insider

Doll beauty black lash glue is amazing! 

I’m old & I never tried false eyelashes! Wish they would send me that in my birthday gift with the doll glue .

Anonymous Insider

jaclyn hill palette

Hi everyone! I am new to this whole posting thing, but I wanted some advice on a eye shadow palette. I have the Anastasia Modern Renaissance palette and love it, but I want a palette that has darker colors, like purples and blues. Any ideas? 

Anonymous Insider

NYX has water palette online and its all blues

RE: Introducing Live Community Chat!

How would you follow someone on live chat?

RE: Introducing Live Community Chat!

I don’t think you can since the user name doesn’t show up. Only way is if you ask the person their user name?

Hey guys! I'm not too sure how this works haha but I'm looking for some advice! I'm pretty experienced with makeup application and I work in the beauty industry, but I can't find anyone I know personally who also owns the Natasha Denona Sunset Pallet and I was hoping somebody here might be able to help me out! I love this pallet and every shade works so well for me except for the red shade, it goes on fine but it just does not last on my eyes and I really think it is because of the way I'm using it- I apply it over Urban Decay primer potion or Mac painterly paint pot with a Mac 239 as an all over lid color or sometimes place it in my outer v but it just won't last, any tips? 

Use the search feature @GabrielaB and look up the Natasha Denona thread. You may find out what you’re looking for there. At the very least, that would be the best place to post your question 

Thank you so much!!

142 Replies
Photos12
  • Live Community Chat Image.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 3.00.57 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 3.01.20 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 3.01.05 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 5.03.49 PM.png
  • This customer asked about the Moschino release, and I explained about the shipping delays. They asked me if the website was incorrect, and I to,d them I don't work for Sephora, and then they got mean.
  • IMG_2188.PNG
  • IMG_2916.PNG
  • IMG_2915.PNG
  • IMG_2356.PNG
  • download.jpg
testing