Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introducing Live Community Chat!

Live Community Chat Image.jpg

Hey Beauty Insider Community!

We are so excited to introduce you to a brand new feature launching today on Sephora.com, Live Community Chat! This new feature allows you to ask and answer questions with other Sephora shoppers directly on product pages. So if you’re searching for a new moisturizer, have a specific question about that Sephora Collection lippie you’re about to purchase, or looking for the perfect gift for your mom, you can ask another Sephora shopper your question and get advice from someone immediately.

Who are those “someones” answering the questions, you ask? Well they’re you! Real people browsing and shopping the site and hanging out in the Beauty Insider Community.

Because we know that our Community members give the best advice and have awesome experience with so many of our products, we are inviting you all to be the very FIRST to jump into Community Chat, answer (and ask!) questions, and try it out. This is your chance to share your knowledge expertise with people shopping on Sephora.com, so that they can get real opinions from real people, in real time!

To launch chat, just visit your favorite product page and click on the “Chat live with Sephora shoppers” icon at the bottom of the page. The feature is available on desktop and mobile web right now, and will be launching on the Sephora app in the next few days.

Have more questions about how the feature works? Check out our FAQ page HERE.

Also we’ll be hanging out in this thread with our feature expert this afternoon, so as you’re trying it out and coming up with questions and feedback, post them here! We’ll try to answer everything we can.

We hope you think it’s a cool as we do!

UPDATE 2/19/21: As of August 2020, Live Community Chat has been retired to make room for a new and exciting way to swap info about your favorite products: Questions & Answers! If you have questions - or knowledge to share with the Community - about a certain product, visit the product page on Sephora.com and click "Ask a Question" under the Questions & Answers module. For more information on Questions & Answers, check out this thread: Introducing Questions & Answers! For customer service inquiries, visit our Customer Service Help page here

Re: Introducing Live Community Chat!

@fatimamummy The same thing happened to me when I was using Safari. I switched to Chrome and now it works.

@suzyo I was also using Safari so I will check on the chrome some time. Thanks 🙂

RE: Introducing Live Community Chat!

^^

Some people just don't realize that literally anyone can see what you type and that the need to be carful about what they say

@KatieBT @candacebt @ShiraBT 

Why aren't abusive people being blocked from live chat?  

I am unable to reply on the Chat FAQ thread, but the same individual reported as posting highly inappropriate responses is still posting in the chat forum.

Can you please ensure this individual is not interacting with other members of he community who are legitimately looking for advice or trying to help others?  Thank you!IMG_2915.PNG

IMG_2916.PNG

is this j*? XD jk i couldnt resist when he mentioned kvd

OMG - LOL!  @Blackwhiskey 😂😂😂

Oooohhhhh, so the person being a bleepity-bleep-bleep on live chat expects real help now? This'll be fun...brb 😄😄😄

You're my hero @RGbrown😉

Aw shucks @ZombieMetroAnt, 'twas nothing 😋

I think you may have scared him off!  @RGbrown 😘😘😘

Disgusting.

I'm not able to answer questions right now for some reason!

@KatieBT This is such a cool tool! I'm enjoying responding to inquiries when I can. There are some wonderful people from this forum that are doing a great job of helping others as well. @Beadshopgirl @ElleElleG and @Milou07 have answered at least 100 questions! Way to go ladies 🙂

Can't wait to see it on the mobile app! Hopefully less glitches than on desktop. And why TokyWoky emails us and not Sephora ? How are they involved?

Re: RE: Introducing Live Community Chat!

Yeah, I looked them up. But there were no communication from Sephora about them which I found a bit unprofessional. 

Re: RE: Introducing Live Community Chat!

My amateur, not-a-web-developer assumption is that TokyWoky is the platform Sephora has integrated into the site for this feature, much like they use a third-party platform (that I'm spacing on the name of) for the message boards.

I'm curious about how Chat determines your "help" number. I've answered many more questions than I have helps. Am I making any sense? Lol! Is it based on how many of the people you respond to have clicked on thank you?IMG_2188.PNG

In FAQ they say that the person has to click "thank you" button for it to count toward the Helps

Thanks @HolySugar. I must have missed that. Glad to know what's up!

Well. I am not a fan so far. I miss the reviews - when are they coming back up?? And there are so many things about this web site and App that are not working well; or are slow as heck; it seems like adding more bells and whistles should come AFTER getting the site to provide a seamless shopping experience.

Photos12
  • Live Community Chat Image.jpg
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 3.00.57 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 3.01.20 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 3.01.05 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 5.03.49 PM.png
  • This customer asked about the Moschino release, and I explained about the shipping delays. They asked me if the website was incorrect, and I to,d them I don't work for Sephora, and then they got mean.
  • IMG_2188.PNG
  • IMG_2916.PNG
  • IMG_2915.PNG
  • IMG_2356.PNG
  • download.jpg
testing