Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

Introducing Herbivore Backuchiol Serum!

Herbivore bakuchiol.JPG

Happy Monday BIC! As many of you know retinol has become a hot ingredient because of its many benefits however retinol is not always sensitive skin friendly. Herbivore’s newest launch, backuchiol serum, works like a retinol without side effects on sensitive skin such as redness, irritation or peeling and will be available on the Sephora App this Wednesday 6/26 before anywhere else.

Bakuchiol works to target fine lines and wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation, rough texture, blemishes, and dark spots. PHA helps with gentle exfoliation, Tremella Mushroom is hydrating and plumping, and Blueberry Stem Cells help reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.

@CarolBT LOVES anything skincare related but has highly sensitive skin so you can imagine how excited she was to test this new, safe-for-sensitive-skin serum. Carol has been testing this product for six weeks and using about three times each wee. Although the serum can be used nightly she was cautious in her approach  because her skin is sensitive. This approach seemed to work well because she’s starting to see a difference in the fine lines on her forehead and around her eyes. Carol also loves that there is no scent and the texture is thicker than other oils but goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly.

Overall, Carol has already noticed a difference on her skin and she will continue to test this serum so be sure to comment with any questions you have and please share your thoughts if you pick this up!

What’s your go-to retinol product? Show & Tell!

Re: Introducing Herbivore Backuchiol Serum!

@CarolBT  I like mini's because they are more sanitary than a store made sample.  There was a promo with a mini emerald not long ago so hoping to have one with this product. While I really want to try this I also have a lot of products to go through so I can wait a bit. 😄 

Thanks for the update!

@veronika23  I missed that one, sadly, but just snagged one of these as soon as it popped up! but, like you, I also have a lot of products (and I'm not sure if I should be using retinol yet?), so probably won't try it until fall/winter.

I've been interested in The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion 1 oz/ 30 mL and wonder how that compares.

I like ROC eye cream, it seems to work as soon as I put it on!

@treestar86  I managed to snag a mini of the serum too. I knew a mini would be coming. 😄 From what I read I think if you are in your late 20's and up it's ok to use something like this (over the counter) BUT I would research the product, do a test patch and proceed with caution. Some people can handle just about anything on their skin but others can't. So always best to be cautious. I'm not really a fan of The Ordinary. The brand just rubbed me the wrong way so I have no idea how it would compare. I'll probably also try mine in the fall/winter. Glad you have an eye cream that works for you! 🙂

@BrendaBT My go-to retinoid is Retin-A.  As for go-to retinol, I've been integrating OBAGI CLINICAL - Retinol 0.5 Retexturizing Cream

around my eye area and laugh lines.  I use FIRST AID BEAUTY - FAB Skin Lab Retinol Serum 0.25% Pure Concentrate

on my off days.

@greeneyedgirl107   I have only tried Obagi's sunscreen (recommended by the plastic surgeon I had seen,) so it's good to hear you like their other products.

@Ispend2much6 I was leery to try it, b/c I generally only use skincare items that have reviews on beautypedia, and this one didn't.  But I looked up every ingredient and it looked well-made.  Plus, I think Obagi manufactures Rx retinoids, so I figured that they would know what they are doing.  Apparently Dr. Obagi is a plastic surgeon in L.A. and his dtr is a derm in the mid-Atlantic region.

@greeneyedgirl107   Thanks for the research and info.  🙂

Yes! This is really exciting to see, @BrendaBT. I started using a mud mask with backuchiol a few months ago and really like it, so I'd love to see how this serum works with my skin. 

@BrendaBT This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca

Introducing Herbivore Backuchiol Serum!

oh this looks amazing @BrendaBT

@BrendaBT Thanks for sharing! This is the ingredient that I am most excited to try. I am a die hard retinol fan, but would love to use something like it in the am too!

Sounds so interesting @BrendaBT ! Has Herbivore said whether this is safe to use during pregnancy or breastfeeding? I'd be curious to find out. Could be a game changer for us pregnant ladies!

@caityg520 I definitely want to know this too. I stopped using retinoids when I started trying (although nothing has happened quite yet, and it seems like it will be forever). But, my skin has definitely been in worse shape since stopping retinoids, so I'm always looking for something new!

Sounds interesting. I have very fragile and sensitive skin so this might work out well for me. Will definitely need to try this! Hopefully a mini will be made available soon. Love the picture @BrendaBT! Thanks!

@BrendaBT  ooohhh this looks promising! I already like their original Emerald oil, and it plays nice with my sensitive dry skin, so this may be another winner. The claims of helping with fine lines, wrinkles, and hyper pigmentation would be awesome as I am using 3 different products from The Ordinary trying to fix those issues. To have it wrapped up in 1 product (and maybe work better than what I'm currently using) would be awesome! THE ORDINARY - Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion THE ORDINARY - Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% The Ordinary Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% 1 oz/ 30 mL

@BrendaBT ,

I have sensitive skin too, so I'm interested in this!  Thanks for letting us know.

@BrendaBT   I am so excited for this, especially since it can be used around the eyes.  It helps to know that someone with sensitive skin tested this.  

@BrendaBT  Looks like a great new product to come out. I am curious @carolbt how does it feel on the skin, and is it hydrating for the whole day or do you still need to moisturize?

It sounds really interesting, @BrendaBT! For now I will keep using the DRUNK ELEPHANT - A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream, but this new Herbavore product does sound great for people with sensitive skin.

Very interested in this product! Herbivore makes some of my favorite products (blue tansy mask & lapis oil), so I'm hoping this is another winner.  Really looking forward to hearing more about @CarolBT 's review, as I also struggle with sensitive skin.

That sounds like a great product to try! @BrendaBT 

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Herbivore bakuchiol.JPG
testing