cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introducing Herbivore Backuchiol Serum!

Herbivore bakuchiol.JPG

Happy Monday BIC! As many of you know retinol has become a hot ingredient because of its many benefits however retinol is not always sensitive skin friendly. Herbivore’s newest launch, backuchiol serum, works like a retinol without side effects on sensitive skin such as redness, irritation or peeling and will be available on the Sephora App this Wednesday 6/26 before anywhere else.

Bakuchiol works to target fine lines and wrinkles, hyper-pigmentation, rough texture, blemishes, and dark spots. PHA helps with gentle exfoliation, Tremella Mushroom is hydrating and plumping, and Blueberry Stem Cells help reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.

@CarolBT LOVES anything skincare related but has highly sensitive skin so you can imagine how excited she was to test this new, safe-for-sensitive-skin serum. Carol has been testing this product for six weeks and using about three times each wee. Although the serum can be used nightly she was cautious in her approach  because her skin is sensitive. This approach seemed to work well because she’s starting to see a difference in the fine lines on her forehead and around her eyes. Carol also loves that there is no scent and the texture is thicker than other oils but goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly.

Overall, Carol has already noticed a difference on her skin and she will continue to test this serum so be sure to comment with any questions you have and please share your thoughts if you pick this up!

What’s your go-to retinol product? Show & Tell!

RE: Introducing Herbivore Backuchiol Serum!

I've been using the retinol from drunk elephant but I can't wait to try this!

Re: Introducing Herbivore Backuchiol Serum!

Right now my go to retinol is The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion 1 oz/ 30 mL

I find that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, even when I use it two nights in a row. I also was a big fan of the Kate Somerville +Retinol Vita C Power Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

I had a deluxe sample that REALLY did wonders for my skin! I noticed a huge improvement in tone and fine line reduction.

@Danzie89 I also love The Ordinary's retinoid, but I use THE ORDINARY - Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane.

I would be curious to compare the two and feel the difference! I don't find their squalane formula harsh at all - it's perfect for my sensitive skin!

Hmmm, I haven’t tried that one! I find that the retinoid 2% is gentle enough for my sensitive skin to use nightly. I have heard good feedback about the squalane formula!

@BrendaBT @CarolBT I'm dying to try this! This seems like the new up and coming ingredient. I've been really hesitant to try retinol but this might be the way to go for me! Can't wait to hear more reviews on it.

🙀I can’t believe I missed this thread! I’m in the market for a gentle retinol!!!! 

Introducing Herbivore Backuchiol Serum!

@BrendaBT HAD to have this!!

This sounds amazing! I'll add it to my list of things to try 🙂

I'll be keeping a close eye on this guy! Retinol scares the bejeesus out of me because of my sensitivity and rosacea, but this sounds like a potential winner. 

@BrendaBT  Wow! Thanks for sharing! My skin is very sensitive. I'm always very cautious about keeping retinol far from my eye area. From what you've mentioned about @CarolBT and her experiences, is this ok to apply near the eye area? If so, that would be wonderful! 

Hi @PrettyPaint, I was advised not to put it near my eye area, so I followed those instructions. Now you've got me curious though! 

Thanks for the reply @CarolBT. I will have to research this a bit more. My eye area is pretty sensitive, so I definitely need to be cautious 🙂 

@PrettyPaint  Intelligent Nutrients has a plant retinol that is ok for around the eyes. It's called time traveler serum. I had messaged the company who couldn't find info not to use around the eyes so she thought it would be ok. Plus she said she uses hers around her eyes and didn't have any problems. I also didn't have any problems. Just thought I'd share. 🙂

@veronika23  That's really helpful to know! Thank you so much. I know your skin is pretty sensitive, so that's definitely encouraging. I appreciate it! 🙂

@PrettyPaint  NP! I don't recall reacting badly to that product... like no additional redness... I was just a bit all over the place to take consistent notes but I do have another bottle that I will open probably as we move into fall. This company makes my HG lip balm. I love that they are a clean brand. And if ever you are interested make sure you sign up for emails... I know on the Canadian site they have frequent enough sales of 20-30% off. 🙂

@veronika23  Thanks so much! The US site said I could get 30% off on my first order, so that's great! 🙂

Oh that is a great deal! @PrettyPaint 

That's an awesome deal @PrettyPaint !

@RoxyKitty@veronika23@tsavorite

Do any of you have a Sephora near you that you like? Perhaps they can manage making a sample for you fellow sensitive skin peeps? I'm happy with my 3x/weekly schedule b/c my skin just loves to protest!

After 6 weeks of testing I'm starting to see my very fine lines show improvement. I'm sure if I used it daily as recommended it would go faster, but I see no need to rush when I also know my own skin.

Plus, it's gorgeous!! I'm happy I can finally take a picture of it, haha 😉

@CarolBT - What do you do on your "nights off" from retinol? Regular moisturizer? Or do you alternate other treatments? I'm trying to figure out that perfect balance for my nighttime skincare routine. 

43 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Herbivore bakuchiol.JPG
testing