cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe you’ve been here for a while but haven’t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so don’t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  We’re already happy to e-meet you. 🙂

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. 😊

Tags:

Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hi! I’m new to the whole Sephora community thing. But love this. 

@kayjay87 welcome to BIC!  Hope we can get to know you better 🙂

Welcome,e to BIC! @kayjay87 

@kayjay87 Welcome to BIC! Such a positive and wonderful place to be a part of!

Welcome @kayjay87! This is an amazing space where you will learn so much and you will make amazing friends! 

@kayjay87 Welcome to BIC!

Hi @kayjay87, the Sephora Community is fabulous! So many amazing looks, threads, insights, and recommendations. Great to have you join us. Welcome! 😊 

Hi! I've just recently started wearing makeup and am obsessed with eyeshadow right now. 

Welcome! Eyeshadow is great, especially glitter and multichromes! @anayaaaaaaa 

Looking forward to learn new things. Lets see how it goes.

Welcome! @8333522497 

Hi @anayaaaaaaa ! Welcome to BIC! Eyeshadow is probably my favorite makeup area. It allows for so much creativity, change, options.... So much fun!!

@anayaaaaaaa @Welcome to BIC! 

Hi @anayaaaaaaa! 👋🏼 Welcome to BIC! There are so many beautiful eyeshadows out there! 😍 Are there any shadows your loving at the moment or that you find yourself drawn to?

I've been wearing  fun colors like blue and pink, but I also  like darker metallic colors.

Hi my name is Dominique I am from Laval Qc

Canada 

So I am here to see if I can get some make up trick

I have lymphoma I get chemo which causes me to loose my hair and get very bad dark circle under my eyes 

i tried many creams and foundation but it gets very caky and as you know line show more

can you give me some tricks 

thanks

Hi Dominique- welcome to BIC! sorry to hear about your diagnosis and I know chemo can be so hard on you! For the dark circles, it’s really important to (a) neutralize the darkness and then (b) usually add another concealer on top. If the dark circles are purple/blue shade, then something peachy can help. A favorite of mine is the Kaja Cat Nap Under Eye Brightener Peach-Tone Brightener . It’s important to start with a tiny bit, and ONLY place it where you see the dark circle. The, once that sets, you can follow with a concealer that matches your skin, and gently tap on with your finger or a brush.

Some great lightweight concealers are the Kaja Don't Settle Concealer or Dior Backstage Concealer . Another affordable one is the SEPHORA COLLECTION Best Skin Ever Full Coverage Multi-Use Hydrating Concealer 

After that, you may wish to set with a light powder like the MAKE UP FOR EVER Mini Ultra HD Microfinishing Pressed Powder  . 

Generally, I think less product is better for covering dark circles and can help avoid creasing. I hope this helps and I hope your treatments go well! @Menou 

@Menou Welcome to BIC 👋

Hello Menou!

I got you. My name is Amy, I am a Sephora PRO Artist and I can definitely help you.

Treatment can certainly have an effect on your skin and change everything one knows about how their products work form them.Skincare application is key for complexion products to work their best. Here is what I suggest:

Because chemo can create sensitivity, exfoliation should be kept to a simple terrycloth washcloth and a gentle cleanser like First Aid Beauty 2-in-1 Cleansing Oil + Makeup Remover 5 oz/ 150 mL 

Use soft small circles to massage the cleanser in with the washcloth and then rinse.

Next, with your fingers, apply a Hyaluronic acid serum like the First Aid Beauty Bounce-Boosting Serum with Collagen + Peptides 1 oz / 30 mL all over and gently use a facial roller  SEPHORA COLLECTION Rose Quartz Facial Roller to massage it in. This will help to increase blood blow and oxygen to the skin as well as the serum providing anti-inflammatory/hydration benefits to plump your skin as well as the peptides building strength to the skin's resilience.

An eye treatment that will help to address your concern of dark circles is #Dermalogica Stress Positive Eye Lift Mask 0.85 oz/ 25 mL to be used under an eye cream SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid 0.67 oz/ 20mL 

Follow with a moisturizer like Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Lotion Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL (you can also use the facial roller to gently massage it in).

Now for your complexion concerns:

A Primer with SPF will be very helpful for your foundation (and will also lock in your hydration). I recommend Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 2.5 oz/ 73.9 mL as it doubles as a primer and SPF in one shot. A small amount goes a loooooong way. 🙂

This will help with smoothing our your skin surface and prepare it for makeup application.

For your foundation, place a small amount on your fingers and rub them together until the product warms up. Then press the product onto your skin gently, until it begins to blend into your skin. Don't rub. Once the product is almost fully blended, use a dampened sponge like Beautyblender Dream Makeup Sponge and bounce it over your complexion product until it is seamless. Reapt as necessary to achieve the coverage you desire.

Kosas Revealer Super Creamy + Brightening Concealer with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acidis a great concealer to address your concerns. place one small dot at the deepest area of concern and use the pad of the your finger to gently press it into place. Don't rub. Feel the product warm up under your finger and it will begin to expand and spread out. Keep pressing until it is blended into your skin. Repeat if necessary. This technique will keep the product in place and prevent it from looking cakey.

If you need a setting product, gently sweep a talc-free powder Laura Mercier Ultra-Blur Talc-Free Translucent Loose Setting Powder  with a soft fluffy brush SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #50 in the areas you need.

I hope this was helpful and sending you big hugs!

Sincerely,

Amy

Sephora PRO Artist

Thanks so much @ProAmy.  Hope this is helpful @Menou

3,640 Replies
testing