cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe you’ve been here for a while but haven’t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so don’t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  We’re already happy to e-meet you. 🙂

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. 😊

Tags:

Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hello beautiful people, My name is Suzann. I am very new to this, but I'm glad to have found a platform to share all about makeup & skincare. I am not a makeup artist, just a makeup enthusiast. I also just love skincare since I have been learning a lot about skin hydration, morning & night skin routines and have seen so much of a difference in my skin since the past 6 months. Hydration is key and has helped me a lot even though I have combination skin, I moisturize regularly and it has worked wonders. Have a great week ahead!! 

Hi @Suzie2020! 😀 I love skincare and resonated with your comment about hydration! Yes to hydration!!! Welcome to BIC! 

Welcome to BIC, @Suzie2020!

Welcome @Suzie2020!!

Welcome @Suzie2020!!

Hello

I am David Bella just here because I love finding the best and latest beauty products for both men and women. I am happy that Sephora provides quality products. I am also a chemistry student so I am always staying up to date on the latest techniques in skin care. Stay healthy fresh and beautiful!!

Welcome to BIC @davidbella! That's awesome that you're studying chemistry! So many great innovations and techniques in the skincare sector. If only I knew how chemistry and skincare intersected when I was in school . . .  

Welcome to BIC, @davidbella!

@davidbella Welcome to BIC!

@Suzie2020 @Welcome to BIC!

Anonymous Insider

Hello Everybody! 

I am Russinda and I am from Michigan. I never really have been into makeup much until the last few years and I am 32. I still am to scared to do anything crazy that I see others do that I really like. I stick to the all natural look and that is it lol. I have long beautiful ash blond hair! My hair is my love! I barley use heat on it and I try to keep it as healthy as possible. I love trying new hair dos and donts lol. One product that I do swear by is the iT concealer! I have very dark circles under my eyes and this helps these circles not appear as dark! I am a medical assistant and a waitress. When I am at the dr office I do not wear any kind of make up. But as a waitress I feel naked without my makeup! Thanks for listening! 

Welcome Russinda! I'm A New Member As Well, I Suffer From Dark Circles and Puffiness, Which Type of IT Concealer Do You Love? 

@Anonymous Welcome to the BIC!  Have fun. 

RE: Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Welcome to BIC!

Welcome to BIC, @Anonymous!

I stick to more natural makeup when I'm at work but love practicing glam looks!  Makeup is one of my favorite ways of expressing myself.

Welcome to BIC @Anonymous! 🙂

@Anonymous @Welcome to BIC! 

Happy New Member Monday, BIC! On the first Monday of every month we like to welcome any and all new members to the Beauty Insider Community. If you've recently discovered the BIC, or want to start posting after lurking for a while, now is the perfect time to do so! We can't wait to meet you and hear all about your passion for beauty ❤️

Hi, I am Marie-Josée from Quebec City Canada. So so glad I found this community finally a place where I can share my struggles with makeup and get tips and tricks. Get an opinion when I am looking for new products and maybe make some friends from all around the world. I am a makeup enthusiastic as well as skincare enthusiastic. I am by far not as good as so many of you here but I think my skills are decent and I am willing to learn more about makeup. I love doing makeup for my friends I guess that give me some experience. My dream would be to become a full-time makeup artist and work on film, music video, tv commercial set, with runaway models, television shows. But for that I know I have to start from the beginning and get some more experience and getting up there one step at a time. So I am planning on becoming a freelance makeup artist. I will need to build my own kit. I am a bit overwhelmed and don't know exactly what to get with all these products, colors, formula etc.... Is there any freelance makeup artist here that can help me and guide me on what should I buy and what to avoid? I have a budget of 3,000$. I also want to know how much should I charge? All other advice are welcome. I can't wait to hear all your suggestions and talk more about this beautiful passion that is makeup. If I can splurge on items this summer it would be:

SKINCARE

- Tatcha luminous deep hydration firming eye serum

- Tatcha luminous deep hydration firming serum

- Tatcha silk cream 

MAKEUP

- Pat McGrath Labs mothership palette

- Pat McGrath Labs lipstick

RE: Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hi @kokine35! Welcome aboard! I know the feeling, I'm also happy i found this community. I'm used to be freelance makeup artist as well but I came to USA. I agree with them charging will be depends on you, check local makeup artist how much they charge so you have an idea, also mind your travel time you can free charge if it's near at your place, i used to have different variety of drugstore and highend so they have a choice, i started investing with kryolan, rcma and mac since their foundation were full coverage, morphe and naked for eyeshadows. Most importantly make an effort your portfolio since this is how you gonna build your client. So you can also invest with ringlight or any lighting (there's a cheap soft box on amazon for starters) since this will help you for before and after and lighting as well when you're doing your makeup.

@kokine35 Welcome to BIC!  Fantastic goal of becoming a free-lance make-up artist.  I would also suggest researching regarding what local make-up artists are charging clients.  In addition to my full-time job, I have a catering and event planning business.  This is one of the tactics I did to create pricing for my business.  It worked beautifully.  I initially was not charging enough but the research helped ensure I was pricing appropriately.  Wishing you the best!

Welcome to BIC @kokine35 ! I've never been a freelance makeup artist so I can't offer up much advice. But I've done other kinds of freelance work and spent 20 years in a career that required working with attorneys, and my one piece of advice from all that is to draw up a contract for your clients to sign, and make sure it's as easy to read and understand as possible. I've seen a lot of badness happen over misunderstood contracts and misleading wording in contracts. I don't know what the typical makeup artist contract looks like (but now I'm curious enough to look that up later) but I imagine it's not very complicated. Seriously, a good contract can save you so much grief! 

Oh, and as you build your portfolio, resist the urge to over-edit your photos (or videos, if you include any in your portfolio). Show your work in as realistic a manner as you can, so as not to mislead clients into thinking you can do magical things like apply the blur tool to their faces in real life. A little touch-up editing is okay, but try not to misrepresent your MUA skills through your photos. Potential clients will greatly appreciate how genuine your are. 🙂 

testing