cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe you’ve been here for a while but haven’t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so don’t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  We’re already happy to e-meet you. 🙂

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. 😊

Tags:

Re: RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hi @Anonymous 

Welcome to BIC! 

RE: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hi, everybody! My name is Cecilia and I’m new into the BIC. The first product I ever bought from Sephora was the Kat Von D foundation, concealer and powder back in 2016. I was just turning 17 and was getting really into the makeup community. After that, I never really bought anything again until this year. Why? Well, my family went into this huge economic crisis. Just when I had just started to become a makeup lover, I couldn’t afford to buy spend my money other than in food and school stuff. Last year, I got this amazing job opportunity, that allows me to work and study. It really doesn’t pay much. Literally, I get paid way too little, but it allows me to buy stuff I couldn’t afford before.  I usually try to buy makeup in bundles (cause you know the more the better) like the benefit cosmetics cheekleader palette that has bronzers, blushes and highlighters. So, I was wondering, what type of products do you suggest I buy? I’d love to know which products are expensive but totally worth it, and which are not so expensive but still do an amazing job. Also, I would love to hear some stories of the first makeup product you ever bought, and how you got into makeup.

Welcome to BIC @ceciliareyes! What a great question! I don’t remember specifically what the first product I purchase was but I have a feeling it was lipstick 💄 as that was how I got into makeup ... by getting into my mom’s lipstick stash. 😆 Yeah, as my mom recalls it, she had some friends over, at some point someone called for me since I had disappeared from the room, and I walked back in with my lips (and entire face) covered with my mom’s red lipstick. ☺️ And, so began the love affair with lippies. 🥰 

In terms of products to buy, I’d say start with things you love and know you will use and gradually work your way from there to build a collection that works for you, both in terms of cost, items you’ll use and love. 💗 There are a lot of brands to choose from and many affordable brands that are very good in quality as well. If you’re looking to pick up things from Sephora, I am a fan of many of the products from the Sephora Collection - powder, lipsticks (the lipstories collection is quite nice), brushes. @GG84 mentioned Tarte and they have some great items as well like foundation, bronzer, lip gloss. 

@ceciliareyes 

Welcome to the BIC! I don’t think I remember the first thing I ever bought at Sephora. I think maybe something from Tarte? 

@ceciliareyes Welcome to BIC!

not new to BIC but now I finally have some time to read and participate 🙂 can't wait! hope everyone is doing well.

Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Welcome @r0ck! 😃 Jump right on in! 

Hey @r0ck 

Never a better time then now to start, welcome to the BIC! 

@r0ck Welcome to BIC!

Hello, my name is Chardon and I'm new to the sephora community but not new to shopping at sephora. I can't wait learn and share with you all.

Welcome to BIC @Charshay! 😃 You’ll find yourself right at home here - shopping is a great pastime for many of us! 🛍 💕

Hi @Charshay 

Careful, this community can enable you to spend money lol Welcome to the BIC! 

Thank you 🙂

Thank you 🙂

@Charshay Welcome to BIC!

Thank you🙂

Thank you🙂

Can’t wait to talk all things beauty🖤

Welcome to BIC @tcolasanti! 😃

@tcolasanti Welcome to BIC!

Hi, my name is Sheena.  I joined Sephora I think in Feb.  I haven't been able to physically go into a store to get a full on Sephora experience and I look forward to the stores finally reopening (there's no Sephora where I live!) I have ordered a few things online and I love them all! If I had the money to splurge it would be something from La Mer! 

Nice splurge choice @CallmePrissy! 😍 Welcome to BIC!

@CallmePrissy 

Welcome to BIC, Sheena. Happy to hear you love all the products you ordered so far. 🙂

3 Replies
testing