Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

Re: If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

no id rather get an awesome freebie or a discount!

Re: If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

I agree entirely with tinydancermn. Both a larger gift and percentage off would definitely make it seem like they were celebrating our birthdays with us. Maybe instead of a "deluxe sample" type thing, your birthday could entitle you to a free product (up to a certain dollar amount)? I don't know if that would seem ridiculous, though... But sometimes I feel like with all of the money that you spend to get beauty insider points, you should sometimes be able to get more than a sample size for so many points.

Perhaps this would be a good idea for non-Rouge members as we already get this perk. For Rouge members, maybe a free treat bag of deluxe samples of bestselling products would be nice.

No I already have (and never use it) with Rouge.  I rather take free products any day.  I am already spending enough that you really don't need to get me into the store.

Rouges already get access to the Beauty Studio, so that wouldn't have any extra appeal for me or, I should think, any other Rouges.

YES YES YESSS! i love getting my makeup done because they may use  different techniques or sometimes i just want like a new eye look, or new blush/contour look, and i like to learn as someone is applying it on me, so i can see how it looks.

yes!!

No! I am always hesitant to get my makeup done at any stores/counters, because the outcome is usually NOT what I like at all. I think the birthday gift you currently give out is pretty small and not exciting at all. I think it should be bigger and nicer, and I agree, a 20% off your purchases, or something like that would be really nice.

Nope! I don't even want to use the one I got when I made VIB. Putting on makeup is a pretty personal experience for me, plus I am always pretty awkward in public. The idea of sitting there and giving my faith to someone to do my makeup in public is unsettling. The risk of walking out of there unsatisfied with what's on my face is just not worth taking >.<

Anonymous Insider

definitely not. i'm asian...and nobody near me that works at sephora knows how to apply makeup on my eyes!!!! i don't expect perfection, but it is definitely embarrassing. please give us some freebie/deluxe samples instead (including the ones you give out yearly! ^u^).

I actually would rather have an extra freebee, or points to account or even extra 10% off

And I would say No to extra makeover ,because I had a makeover done there once, and had a pretty bad experience (I wanted a natural look , and not cake on my face with foundation and makeup of a drag!). I do not mind when people do my makeup but, I have know that they are experienced (Ex: MUA at Mac counters 90% at a time do an amazing job!)

No way!  I've had too many bad makeovers from Sephora to want to ruin my birthday with another one!

I went into Sephora and I went to pick up the Kat Von D Lock it foundation, the lady who tried it on me... put it all on my hair! I didn't even notice until I met up with my friends and my friend looked at me and told me I had makeup on my hair...

Anonymous Insider

I rather get a nice freebie or discount or even a free 100 points to your account.

I agree, julep  gives points on your birthday and I believe someone else does too.

No lol only because I'd probably never be caught without makeup even going into the store. Gotta put my face on first hehe

I agree! I go to Sephora with my face on otherwise I am buying online 🙂

I wouldn't mind the make-over / consultation... but I guess I prefer to get a birthday freebie. 🙂 Also a discount coupon would be great!

No thanks !. I'm not one who really likes to have their make-up done. I actually prefer to do my own make-up look. The reason why is because I know what I am in the mood for, and how I want it to look. Where trying to communicate the look I want doesn't always get replicated on my own face. What I would like is a SA that has a decent knowledge of products, and a positive attitude not one with a rude attitude. I will also say that you should get at least 20 % off your purchase that day too if possible. 

Probably.  I would not want it to replace the sample gift, however, since I love trying out new products that way.  What about a consultation instead of a makeover (could be about makeup, hair, skin care, etc.) and then a 10-20% off your purchase?  

Anonymous Insider

YES!! then maybe some samples of the products we like to take home, or a goodie bag.

H*** Yes!!! I would be like, YES!! I'm getting spoiled on my birthday. Whoot-whoot and walk in with a smile, walk out with an even bigger smile.

testing