Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

Re: If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

I'd say yes, but only if it would be redeemable throughout the year. Nothing exciting happens in my birth month, so getting my make-up done all nice would be a waste. I could really use it around the holidays, or maybe in the summer for the 4th of July. 

Re: If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

Heck yes!

Heck yes!  My Bday is in June, so I won't be in college! (My university is in the middle of nowhere, so I would have to either go home or another state to get to a Sephora) 

Yes!!!  Oh by the way, my birthday is Sept. 19th!  🐵

Anonymous Insider

yep!

Oh yeah!  That would be totally fab!  My b-day routine this year is a 90 min massage, then a mani/pedi at my favorite nail salon.  Then maybe dinner out.  But it would be great to add a makeover in after the mani/pedi for dinner out!

As long as it doesn't replace the b-day gift 😉 then yes, I would love one!

oh course! who wouldnt? i love sephora

Anonymous Insider

Yes, I would definitely go to Sephora to get a complimentary Birthday face makeover. They are always so attentive and helpful as soon as I walk in, give advice on certain products I'm looking for and new ones I haven't tried. Trying something new and fresh is always fun.

I love getting makeovers.  I learned about makeup in the 70s and 80s, so learning new techniques is something I try to keep up with.  My only complaint in Sephora makeovers is the huge skill span in the artists.  Some understand that 50+ can't (and shouldn't) wear the glittery, glitzy makeup appropriate for teens and 20s.  Others go to the other extreme and don't give you any color.  One Sephora artist put me in 2 shades of vanilla eye shadow (one pretty glittery) and said I shouldn't wear eyeliner (I looked like a corpse).  I try to get a makeover somewhere at least once a year.  I think VIBs should be entitled to 2 a year.  As a VIB you already know we won't walk out of the store without buying something.  I did have a free makeover in April with a really terrific makeup artist and spent over $300 (not all in color cosmetics).  The amount of money I spend after a makeover is directly related to the skill of the artist.  What I really would like is an aesthetician, to give me a treatment (facial or scrub, nothing dramatic) and spend real time with me on which products would be best for my daily routine (no brand reps).  I try to keep up with cutting edge skincare but don't find out about everything.  For that I would expect a $100 minimum purchase (maybe $150). 

Hi Kareninca,

I completely agree with your bit on Sephora providing VIB's with a treatment of some sort, whether it be eyebrows, facial, etc. I think that is much better than a makeover.

From my experience, when I do get makeovers, it looks absolutely beautiful and perfect in the store, but as soon as I step outside, my base makeup is either too orange or some other funky color. Yuck. All I get out of that is time wasted and funny looks from people :-(.

No.  Not a fan of having makeup testers applied to my face... yuck!  Also, I already feel comfortable doing my own makeup, and don't ever like it when someone else does it.

Absolutely!   But it should last maybe two weeks or a month around your birthday.  🙂

No. Especially if I'd have to go ON my birthday... I mean, maybe if a professional is going to come to my house I'd utilize it, but I'm not going to go out of my way to the mall on my birthday... I have enough to do on my birthday, already.

Anonymous Insider

Why not? It might be fun!

No, I would not.

Anonymous Insider

Nope I would not 😕

Yes!!! Although I have never had a makeover done at sephora it would be a very nice treat to have for my special day!!!

Of course!!! That would be awesome 🙂

I love Sephora and can't help myself from going whenever I have an excuse...

Yes I would! As long as if didn't come at the expense of the gift. 

That said, I think it's only $50 to get a full-face makeover, not including skin care. Which isn't really that much because we all know how quickly money goes in that store! 

Yes! But it should last the whole month,not just the day. I'd like to try something new

testing