Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

How to Post New Threads and Reply in the Beauty Insider Community

Welcome to the Beauty Insider Community! Ready to jump in and join the conversation? Here’s a handy guide to replying and posting in Community.

First, be sure to type your question or a specific topic into the search bar to see if other members are already talking about it. Then, once you’ve decided whether you want to reply to an existing post, or start a whole new thread, expand the spoiler tabs below for instructions:

Found a thread you want to reply to? Here’s how:

Spoiler
  1. Head to the thread you want to respond to and select the ‘Reply’ button at the bottom of the initial post. 

reply1.png

2. In the ‘Reply to Post’ text editor, start your reply by @mentioning the member you’re replying to so they receive a notification and know to respond back. Keep in mind, when you type the @ symbol, the first name that pops up at the top of the drop-down list will always be the original poster of the post or comment you’re replying to. 
    TeamBIC_1-1597864277346.png

3. Now for the fun part - start crafting your reply! Here are some ways to take your post to the next level: 
    • Tag products: Let Community know what products you’re talking about by tagging them in your reply. In the text editor, type the ‘hashtag’ sign followed by the product name and select the product from the drop-down list.
    • Tag another member: To @mention someone, type the @ symbol followed by their username and select their username from the drop-down list. You can also mention an existing thread by typing the @ symbol followed by the name of the thread. 
    • Add a photo or video: Photos and videos aren’t required, but always encouraged! To add a photo, select the camera icon in the text editor and choose a pic from your photo library or take a new one on the spot. To add a video, select the video camera icon and enter the video or gif URL. 
    • Add emojis: Select the emoticon in the text editor and select the perfect emoji (or several!) for your reply. 
      TeamBIC_2-1597864277363.png

1. Once you’ve finished writing your reply, select ‘Post’ to publish. 

Searched and couldn’t find what you were looking for? Here’s how to start a new post:

Spoiler
  1. Select ‘Start a conversation’ on the Beauty Insider Community homepage.

TeamBIC_3-1597864277414.png

1. Add your subject line. Keep in mind, the most helpful subject lines let the Community know exactly what you want to talk about. In other words: be specific!

TeamBIC_4-1597864277422.png

1. Next, choose a Group to post in from the drop-down list. We recommend choosing a Group that’s the most relevant to your post topic. For example, a skincare question could go in ‘Skincare Aware,’ or even ‘Oily Skin’ if you want to be more specific. 

TeamBIC_5-1597864277428.png

1. Now it’s time to craft your post! Remember to use the hashtag sign to mention specific products and select the corresponding icons to add photos, videos, or emojis. If you’d like to shout-out another BIC member, or if you want to link back to an existing thread that inspired you, make sure to use the ‘@’ symbol to search by username or by post title. 

TeamBIC_6-1597864277437.png

1. Once you’ve finished crafting your post, select ‘Post’ to share it with the Community. You can check your post notifications by selecting the bell icon in the top right corner of Community. Don’t forget to check in on your thread and respond back to your helpful new BIC besties!

We’re so excited to have you in the BIC, and we can’t wait to see what you have to say! BIC veterans: Tag some of your favorite threads below (using that “@” sign) to help get our newbies started!

Re: How to Post New Threads and Reply in the Beauty Insider Community

The Monthly Favorites thread is a great one to check out.  Monthly Favorites: July 2020 Edition! 

Pretty much all the threads mentioned in @SportyGirly125 post ⬇️are great places to check out

@danielledanielle  ....aaaaand some fresh Monthly Faves comin' atcha! 😉 Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition! 

@TeamBIC 

Here is a thread I started that also helps community members that are new here on how other members navigate BIC and what threads we like or think people should check out How Do YOU Navigate through Beauty Insider Community (BIC) 

@SportyGirly125 Such a good thread! I love seeing how different people navigate the Community in totally different ways - it inspires me to switch it up.

@SportyGirly125 Thank you!

@TeamBIC Some of my fave threads are Skincare Routine of the Day and RE: Empties - V2 because I like to see what people are using IRL.  I'm also loving The VISIONARY Sweepstakes: Share Your Beauty Visions for a Chance to Win a Prize Bundle from ONE/SIZ... because I always love a sweepstakes!

@greeneyedgirl107 Yesss all excellent ones! And don't forget to enter the sweeps every day! 😉

@TeamBIC Love this tutorial!!!! @AlexBT you looked gorgeous in the video. Love your hair and can we also get that jacket? 😍

@SportyGirly125 Thank you!!! I had to break my Healthy Hair Challenge to reintroduce hot tools for the first time in months, and honestly... it felt good. 🙊 Glad you liked the tut, too! ❤️ 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 61 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos7
  • TeamBIC_1-1597864277346.png
  • TeamBIC_2-1597864277363.png
  • TeamBIC_4-1597864277422.png
  • TeamBIC_5-1597864277428.png
  • TeamBIC_3-1597864277414.png
  • TeamBIC_6-1597864277437.png
  • reply1.png