Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Holiday Gift Survey

holiday gift picks.jpg

Happy Friday pretty people!

We know it’s early but we’ve been taking about holiday for a while over here at

Sephora and we thought it would be a lot of fun to bring the best advice-givers and holiday experts into the conversation. Our goal is to make gifting easier for others who may need a little assistance… Because buying gifts for your co-workers can seem impossible and it’s hard to shop for someone who already has everything!

The plan is to create gift lists according to five categories:

1. $25 and under (stocking stuffers, gifts for co-workers)
  2. People you don’t know THAT well (your in-laws, your kid’s teacher, a white elephant gift)
  3. That person who already has it all (your beauty-obsessed BFF, a fellow community member)
  4. The youths! (thinking tweens and beauty newbies)
  5. Treat yourself! What do you want this holiday?

Who else could have better gifting advice than this community?! Nobody! Here’s where you guys come in. Please give 3-5 Sephora gift recommendations for the categories above. The goal is to see what you all recommend as great gifts so we can create a true list of community-sourced recommendations.

Oh! And don’t forget all the new holiday goodies that will be available: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Holiday-2017-Preview/td-p/3080939

My wallet is already crying… Can’t wait to see what you all come up with!

Re: Holiday Gift Survey

Not to enable anyone, but I'm bumping up this thread since the Rouge/VIB sale is almost upon us and there are some really great ideas and inspirations in this thread! I'm a bit torn since my own list is already WAY TOO LONG, but I will consider this an exercise in self-control in the name of helping others find the perfect gift 🙂

Just a couple more hours...Ladies (and gentlemen!) start your engines...errr...loves lists 🙂

giphy (2).gif

@MissPuff Thanks puffy!! I actually just got my ebates email as well with a sephora gift card, an extra $26 to put towards my purchase! Just in time! My cart is ready and waiting 🙂 Lol.  I'm not getting anything special, just a few things i wanted.

@sabrinas i just got the physical mailer in my mailbox today but my cart has been ready to go for about a week now 🙂 

1. 25$ and under

- $25 Glamglow Let It Glow (two of my favorite masks from them)

- Stocking Stuffers: Too Cool for School Egg masks (6 e), milk blur & cooling stick minis (14 e), Laneige Good Night Kit (10), Josie Maran Pure Argan Duo (19), Caudalie Grape Water (10), Bite Beauty Lip Kits (22-25), Drunk Elephant Lippe (18), Sephora Cleansing + Exfoliating Wipes (7.50), Rosebud Perfume Company Salve (6), Sephora Face Masks (5+), Jack Black Intense Therapy Balm SPF (7.5), Any of the Mini Mascaras (12)

- $25 Sephora Favorites Hair Masks to Go Kit 

- $18 Caudalie Mini Mask Trio

- $20 Bite Beauty Agave Kisses Set

- $20+ Drunk Elephant Duos

- $20 Becca On the Glow Set

- $22 Kopari Coconut Hook Up

- $25 Stila Written in the Stars

2. People You Don't Know That Well

- Men: Cologne Samplers (usually have a voucher for full size so they can pick what they like), Jack Black Products, the for men section in sephora + online

- Either Gender: l'occitane advent calendar, Ole Henricksen Truth Serum Mini

- Women: Sephora Favorites Give Me Some Nude Lip (28), Beauty Blender Set, Sephora Perfume Sampler (again a voucher), Cover Fx Highlighter Set (42), Sephora Favorites Beauty Sleep (30), Josie Maran Whipped Body Oil (36)

3. The Person Who Has it All

- $8 Invisibobble (not everyone has this, and if they do there are so many colors to choose from)

- $35+ BKR Water Bottle: has a lot of colors and is one of my favorite finds. Really is easy to drink water from and travel friendly

- Anything K Beauty (they are always coming out with new stuff)

- Sunday Riley + Drunk Elephant kits: you can never have enough of them 

- $30 Stellar Cosmic Haze Finishing Powder: better than the laura mercier and they may not have tried it yet

- $58 Kora Body Oil: Runs out fast but is a cult fave

- $16 Verb Ghost Oil: Something I tried for the first time this year and everyone can use it

- $42 Briogeo Scalp Scrub: If you are using a lot of product you will want this. Also the briogeo hair mask is great too (36)

- $30 Tatcha Gold Spun Lip Balm: life changing and never can have too many

- $59 Tatcha Bestsellers Set

- $72 Biossance Vit C and Rose Oil: Perfect for Skin Junkies and a lot of my friends have never heard of the line. Anything from them is marvelous

4. Youths

- $18 Tarte Skin Win Hydration Skincare Set. I'd recommend a lot of tarte products because their lip products can be used on them without them looking like they are wearing makeup

- $8 Invisibobble: Great hair ties for girls 

- $19 Fenty Cosmic Gloss Lip Glitter: a fun gloss. I'd also recommend the confetti highlighter. 

- Naked Basics and the Small Tarte Palettes are great for younger people new to makeup

- $39 Milk Makeup the A Team

5. Treat Yourself

- $42 ABH Prism Palette

- $85 Sunday Riley Power Couple Duo

- $42 Urban Decay All Nighter Spray Duo Kit

- $45 Watermelon Glow Sleep Mask

- $34 Fenty Trophy Wife

- $30 Sephora Favorites Beauty Sleep

- $39 Briogeo Ultimate Hair Goals

- Most of the Ouai Line

- $48 Herbivore Pineapple Mask

Anonymous Insider

1.  $25 and under (stocking stuffers, gifts for co-workers)

• Atelier Cologne Perfume Palette
  • Bite Beauty The Perfect Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick Set
  • Laneige Good Night Kit (Lip and Sleeping Mask Set)
  • Stila Big Shots HUGE Extreme Lash Mascara and Stay All Day Waterproof Eye Liner

2.  People you don’t know THAT well (your in-laws, your kid’s teacher, a white elephant gift)

• Bite Beauty Agave Set
  • L’Occitane Beautifying Favorites – Pretty in Provence Set
  • Nest Eau de Parfum Collection Coffret
  • The Art of Shaving The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave Starter Kit - Unscented

3.  That person who already has it all (your beauty-obsessed BFF, a fellow community member)

• AmorePacific My 12 Days of Botanical Beauty Advent Calendar
  • Atelier Cologne Advent Calendar
  • Commodity 3x3 Exploration Kit
  • Elizabeth and James A Little Bit of Nirvana Fragrance Collection
  • Laura Mercier Le Petit Souffles Body Crème Collection

4.  The youths! (thinking tweens and beauty newbies)

• Clinique Chubby Treats
  • Sephora Collection Head to Toes! Mask Set
  • Tarte Skin with Hydrating Skincare Set
  • A subscription to Play! By Sephora – for 3 months (might be nice if this could be bundled into a package as an option for the holidays or special occasions – 3- 6- 9- or 12-month subscription packages)

5.  Treat yourself! What do you want this holiday?

• AmorePacific Moisture Bound Hydration Boost
  • Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial
  • Slip Silk Pillowcase

RE: Holiday Gift Survey

Sephora clay masks for $25 and under. I love how effective they are! The Clinique acne solutions mini set for $15 Tarte Matte gloss

☃️bite mini set, bite agave mini set, stila liq lip set, fresh mini set, too faced sweet peach lipstick, tarte flirt , huda liq lipstick,

Bite beauty bold lip sample size. Tatcha water cream charm. Dior bold lipstick sample sizes.

$25 and under- living proof dry shampoo duo, Sephora favorites big is back, buxom lip polish ornament, urban decay setting spray, tartelette tease, tarte glow girls bronze and highlight, too faced better than Sex mascara, Sephora cleansing and exfoliating wipes, too cool for school mask set, boscia charcoal jelly ball People you don't know that well- Sephora masks (hair, face and feet), Dr. Jart tarot of masks, Sephora favorites lash stash to go, first aid beauty tales of fab skin, Laura mercier petite soufflés body creme collections, boscia charcoal jelly ball People who have it all- Sephora gift card, Sephora collection house of lashes, Clarisonic smart profile uplift, beauty blender set Youth- Sephora collection into the stars, Sephora collection winter magic, ciaté London mermaid glow, play! By Sephora subscription, tarte mermaid kisses, nails inc unicorn nail polish duo, urban decay moon dust, Sephora cleansing and exfoliating wipes, tarte skin win, boscia charcoal jelly ball Me- too faced peach perfect mattifying setting powder, boscia charcoal jelly ball, glow recipe watermelon glow sleeping mask, first aid beauty eye triple remedy, first aid beauty 5 in 1 eye cream, it cosmetics bye bye under eye, first aid beauty caffeine matcha wipes, peter Thomas roth unwrinkle peel pads, too faced primed and peachy, herbivore coco rose, it cosmetics secret sauce, Boscia charcoal pore pudding, beauty blender set

Kinda late to this but here are my suggestions:

1. 25 and under USD - The Bite liquid lipstick set, stila liquid lip trio set,  the stila glitter trio, fenty gloss bomb, sephora the matte, nails inc nail sets

2. People that I don't know that well - The bite agave set, Sephora favorites fragrance sampler, mascara sampler and if I know they like skincare then one of the sephora faves skincare sets, or a Sephora GC. 

3. Person who has it all - ND Lila palette, Beauty blender set of 5, Stila glitter and glow set of 6, new Tom Ford lips and girls lipsticks, sephora faves give me more lip set, Hourglass holiday palettes, MJ holiday shadow palette. 

4. The youths - Sephora faves give me some lip nude/bold set, Sephora lip cream stains, Tarte holiday set, Too faced peaches palette, Sephora blush or highlight palette, Nails inc holo duo set, Benefit brow sets. 

5. For me (long list lol) - Both The stila glitter and liquid lipstick sets, Huda beauty desert dusk, ND lila, UD naked heat palette, PM flesh3 lipstick, TH resurfacing and purifying masks or sets, Sephora bold lip set, kevyn aucoin neo trio, VF sleep in silk cap, sephora warm pro palette, All the holiday exclusive lipsticks previewed, smash box drawn in decked out shadow and highlight palette, bite liquid lipstick set. 

Nov sales can't come fast enough 🤣 

Masks, body scrubs, bath fizzes and other stuff people can use to make themselves feel pampered or refreshed are always an easy go to, you could never go wrong with those.

Wow!  This is so much fun, although very hard to narrow down!  @KatieBT ❤️

santallama.jpg

1. $25 and under (stocking stuffers, gifts for co-workers):
  • Bite Beauty The Perfect Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick Set
  • Pinrose Greatest Hits Rollerball Kit
  • LE Nest Sugar Cookie Scented Candle
  • Beautyblender Midas Touch Ornament
  • It’s Skin Macaron Balm

1. People you don’t know THAT well (your in-laws, your kid’s teacher, a white elephant gift)
  • Burberry Beauty Box
  • Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt Candle
  • PTR Mask Sampler Set
  • Sephora Lash Stash To Go
  • Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream
  1. That person who already has it all (your beauty-obsessed BFF, a fellow community member)
  • Tom Ford Boys & Girls lip colours (in her name!)
  • Viseart Golden Hour Eyeshadow Palette
  • Jo Malone Peony & Blush Cologne
  • YVES SAINT LAURENT Rouge Pur Couture Dazzling Lights Edition Lipstick in Rose Stiletto
  • Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops Set
  • Guerlain Meteorites Happy Glow Pearls

1. The youths! (thinking tweens and beauty newbies)
  • Fenty Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick in Unicorn
  • Sephora Collection Easy on the Eyes Palette
  • Tarte LE Mermaid Kisses Lipstick Set
  • Fenty Gloss Bomb
  • Prada Candy Gloss Perfume
  • Nails Inc. Holler-Graphic Nail Polish Duo

1. Treat yourself! What do you want this holiday?
  • Pat McGrath Labs LuxeTrance Lipstick in Valetta
  • Viseart Warm Neutral Matte Palette
  • Sephora Pro Warm Palette
  • Maison Margiela Replica Lipstick On
  • KVD Find Your Nude Studded Kiss Lipstick Set
  • NARS Bord De Plage Highlighting and Bronzing Palette

1The youths 

2treat ur self and 

3 under 25 gift packs !!

I would definitely choose Sephora Favorites Hair Rescue Masks on the go—because who doesn’t want a little hair rescue. 💁🏻

Oh how fun.......let's see....... For $25 and under I'd go with: Bite Beauty agave kisses set, Fresh perfect pink lips duo, Urban Decay the ultimate pair in backtalk/rush, a beauty blender, or the clean rollerball layering collection. For the friend who has everything: Hourglass confessions refillable lipstick set, Beauty Blender a blender for all seasons set, Aqua Lisse luxe hair turban, Commodity best dressed travel spray kit, or the Moon Juice moon dust box For the youths: ABH moonchild glow kit, Pinrose style kit, Fenty Beauty matchstix trio, any Too Faced chocolate or peach scented eyeshadow palette, or any of the sephora collection sheet masks For the person you don't know very well: Sephora favorites fragrance sampler, Slip Silk Pillowcase, Fresh Hespiredes Shower gel and body lotion, L'occitane Almond home and away gift set, and the Fresh Sugar lip prep n' paint set For Splurging/Treating yourself: Amorepacific vintage single extract essence, Dyson supersonic hair dryer, GHD platinum professional performance styler, or the Natasha Denona Lila eyeshadow palette

What a great thread I'm probably too late...for $25 and under I'd do any of the little gift sets from Fresh. Like the soy cleanser/vitamin mask/lotus cream trio, the nude or pink lip sets or one of the sooooo manny other lip sets like the urban decay little vices set, kate von d mother set, any of the Sephora favorites hair sets...I love Sephora for this reason- the gift sets are amazing!!!!! Over $25 you must get the Boscia favorites set for the skin care aficionados or the FRESH black tea set 😍. These are amazing gifts- don't pass them up. Also the primrose and nest fragrance roller balls and travel size sets are amazing. Not to mention the new advent calendar Altier released.
Anonymous Insider

Face mask are good idea for the 25 under basket 

Oh!  All of the Sephora hair and face masks are fantastic too.  They can be bundled for a gift for a Secret Santa or added to something larger for friends and family.  I love them!

This is such a helpful thread! Thank you to all lovelies that have posted - I have definitely used your recommendations 🙂

1. $25 and under (stocking stuffers, gifts for co-workers):
    • L'Occitane hand cream ($12)
    • Bite Beauty Agave Kisses ($24)
    • Ole Henriksen InstaBright Power Set ($12 on sale!)
    • Invisibobble ($10)
    • Laneige Brightening Kit ($18)
  2. People you don’t know THAT well (your in-laws, your kid’s teacher, a white elephant gift): 
    • L'Occitane Indulgent Favourites ($44)
    • Sephora Favourites Lash Stash to Go ($33)
    • Bite the Perfect Bite Set ($29)
    • Sephora Favourites Scouted by Sephora ($42)
  3. That person who already has it all (your beauty-obsessed BFF, a fellow community member):  
    • Tom Ford Boys & Girls lip colour ($44) (or anything else TF)
    • Beauty Blender for all seasons ($100)
    • Pat McGrath Lipstik ($52)
    • Sephora Pro Palette - Cool ($85)
    • Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud Cologne Intense ($150) (My fave fragrance atm!)
  4. The youths! (thinking tweens and beauty newbies): 
    • Urban Decay Trouble Maker Mascara ($30)
    • Beauty Blender ($28)
    • Fresh Sugar Lip Beauty Box ($54)
    • Tarte Treasure Box Collector's Set ($77) - everything to get someone started/hooked 😛
  5. Treat yourself! What do you want this holiday? 
    • Tom Ford Boys & Girls lip colour ($44)
    • GlamGlow Plump and Glow set ($49)
    • Sephora Favourites Give Me More Lip ($82)
    • Sephora Favourites Lash Stash ($58)
    • Fresh Black Tea Skincare Skin Firming set ($130)
    • Jo Malone English Oak and Hazelnut ($90)

In the under $25 category I love giving the Marc Jacobs Lip Lock Moisture Balm because it's such a luxurious and frivolous thing. Also different scents of TokyoMilk Handcreme. And the Fenty Beauty lip gloss.
testing