cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

Beauty Directors Headshot_NEW.png

This thread is now closed. Thank you for all of your great gifting questions!

Do you know what you're gifting everyone on your list? Have you decided exactly what to purchase with your Holiday Bonus discount? We all could use a little help when it comes to gifting others (out ourselves!) so we're calling on our beauty experts - the Sephora Beauty Directors!  @JeffreyBD@MyieshaBD, and @DavidBD are joining us on this thread for two days from Thursday, 11/7, to Friday, 11/8, at 5 pm PST, for a holiday Q&A session. Whether you need  gifting advice or the perfect lip to slay your holiday party, leave a reply for expert advice. 

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

@KatieBT 

Hey there Mawma,

I think a great universally appealing gift would be this Sol de Jeneiro set. I don't anyone who doesn't like to luxuriate in a night shower and balm up after. The scent is INTOXICATING! I love a the caramel and pistachio vibes, it literally smell the way I think sexy skin should!

SOL DE JANEIRO - Bum Bum Carnaval Getaway Set

And for $50:

I would LOVE to get the Sephora Collection Shimmer & Shine Brush set. I feel like brushes are always a solid investment and help to amplify any artistry skill level no matter what! And you ALREADY know that the metallic brush stand that comes with it is calling my name

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Shimmer and Shine Brush Set

Of course @KatieBT ... I think the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Where is the Penguin? Mask Set is a perfect gift that anyone can enjoy , who doesn’t love a mask? And it’s only 25$ !! The PETER THOMAS ROTH - Hydration Glow-Up set is a perfect gift at $52 that includes 3 great products that will make anyone’s skin look hydrated and brightened!! 

@KatieBT I really like the FARMACY - Sweet Greens Limited Edition Holiday Set I know it's a little above your budget, but with the current sale it makes a bit better budget wise 😉.

@niki172 loooove this set!

@AlexBT ME TOOOO! I definitely chatted about it in a Holiday Gift Guide on Sephora IGTV.

I second this!

Okay so I'm switching up serums (bye bye Clarins double serum) and I know that you are supposed to apply thinnest to thickest/water based before oil. My question is what if the serums are both water based and about the same thickness? I'm super dry so I feel like I need both along with an oiler serum (the Ordinary's Ferulic acid 3% and Resveratrol 3%) on top of all of that before I moisturizer. Do you apply the one with active ingredients first (for example Farmacy's very bright Vit C) or do you put the hydrating serum that has hyalurounic acid or some form of hydrating properties on first instead? Farmacy Very Cherry Bright 15% Clean Vitamin C Serum with Acerola Cherry 1.0 oz/ 30 mL Thank you so much for your help.

If the weight is the same then I would personally put the active ingredient first before the hydrating serum. Especially if the hydrating serum is hyaluronic acid . That pulls moisture form the air into the skin as well. Hope that helps 🙂

I agree with this Whole-Heartedly. I would say that you want your actives first, as you want them to be on the skin the longest.

@niki172 

If they're the same viscosity it usually doesn't matter.  Its more about molecule size and how far they will penetrate the skin.  I would apply whichever one is textureless first.

RE: Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

If you had to choose one eyeshadow palette to use for a daily look for the next few months, which palette would you purchase? Love you guys!

Re: RE: Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

@california08 OOOOOhhhh I have to go with all things Natasha Denona. I have been secretly collecting the mini palettes cause I'm officially obsessed with how cute they are. But the PIGMENT IS EPIC! You barely tap your brush into her pigments and you are GOOD TO GO! Instant color payoff.

Natasha Denona Star Eyeshadow Palette

Natasha Denona Biba All Neutral Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Biba Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

Natasha Denona Sunset Eyeshadow Palette Full Size Sunset Eyeshadow Palette

NATASHA DENONA - Metropolis Eyeshadow Palette

I agree with Myiesha’s choices as they are all great suggestions !! I would add into that mix the HUDA BEAUTY - Rose Gold REMASTERED Eyeshadow Palette I have really fallen in live with this pallet to create classic looks . There are also a few red and pink shades which work great as soft additions to any eye look. Plus the shimmer shades in this pallet are incredibly gorgeous and can be worn alone for simple beautiful looks.

@california08 

Could you give us a bit more info? Your facial characteristics, coloring, etc?

Guessing its not for the puppy in your profile picture 🙂

RE: Re: RE: Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

Thank you!

RE: Re: RE: Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

Hi Myiesha, You are correct. The puppy isn’t ready for eyeshadow yet. 😂 I updated my photo but I’m a light skinned brunette with blue eyes. And I’m also looking for a good one for my sister who is a light skinned brunette with beautiful brown eyes. Thank you for your help! 💙

Re: RE: Re: RE: Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

@california08 

I've been obsessed with my KAT VON D - Lolita Por Vida Eyeshadow Palette ever since I got it.  The rosey shades are super versatile and easy to blend.  There are special sparkly glitter creams that are gorgeous.

CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Luxury Eyeshadow Palette in Bella Sofia (formerly Dolce Vita) or Pillow Talk is great too.

VIOLET VOSS - Coral Crush Eyeshadow and Pressed Pigment Palette is really nice if you're wanting to incorporate peaches/oranges into your collection.  Corals are great for blue eyes but I'm so over the old rules so blah, just have fun.

RE: Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

I’m obsessed with you 3 and would love your advice! My skin is oily and I’m looking to incorporate Vitamin C into my routine, I prefer clean skincare. I sometimes get breakouts and I have big pores. Also, I’d love a recommendation for something I can use on days I don’t want to do a full face of foundation. Something that’s easy to apply, doesn’t make me oily, can even out skin tone and cover up some redness and blemishes. I’m interested in like a stick concealer or foundation doesn’t have to be “clean.” Thanks so much!!!

One of my go to options for a complexion choice that I can just throw on easily is the Complexion Rescue range from Bare Minerals. I generally apply the Tinted Moisturizer with my fingers and it always looks BOMB! if I feel I need a bit more coverage I tend to reach for the stick because it's so creamy! Both are excellent options, check them out!

bareMinerals COMPLEXION RESCUE® Tinted Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid and Mineral SPF 30 Cashew 3....

BAREMINERALS - COMPLEXION RESCUE Hydrating Foundation Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 25

I fully agree with Myiesha’s vitamin C suggestions !! As for the makeup another good option would be IT COSMETICS - CC+ Cream Oil-Free Matte with SPF 40 this is a multitasking CC cream that has light buildable coverage and will reduce redness , pores etc while maintaining an oil free complexion . 
  For a moisturizer I’d recommend OLEHENRIKSEN - Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer this is a Clean moisturizer that is perfect for oily skin and will definitely help your skin get hydrated and nourished without heavy feeling or clogged pores.

@MayMay510 

There are a ton of clean Vitamin C options out there at the moment.

TATCHA - Violet-C Brightening Serum 20% Vitamin C + 10% AHA

GLOW RECIPE - Pineapple-C Brightening Serum

JOSIE MARAN - Argan Bright Skin Vitamin C Serum

Some easy complexion options for oily skin are SEPHORA COLLECTION - Make No Mistake Foundation & Concealer Stick and SMASHBOX - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

107 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Beauty Directors Headshot_NEW.png
testing