cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

Beauty Directors Headshot_NEW.png

This thread is now closed. Thank you for all of your great gifting questions!

Do you know what you're gifting everyone on your list? Have you decided exactly what to purchase with your Holiday Bonus discount? We all could use a little help when it comes to gifting others (out ourselves!) so we're calling on our beauty experts - the Sephora Beauty Directors!  @JeffreyBD@MyieshaBD, and @DavidBD are joining us on this thread for two days from Thursday, 11/7, to Friday, 11/8, at 5 pm PST, for a holiday Q&A session. Whether you need  gifting advice or the perfect lip to slay your holiday party, leave a reply for expert advice. 

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: RE: Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

@xsamanthax02 

A fav of mine is CHANEL - CHANCE EAU TENDRE Eau de Toilette.  Its really delicate because of the quince but the rose notes make it last.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

Looking for a cool lipstick to give to my cousin for her 21st birthday. She loves characters like hello kitty and love the Japanese cute culture. Any product recommendations? 

@Glownista10 

Sephora Collection's SEPHORA COLLECTION - #LIPSTORIES - 44 Woof (matte finish) each have a different cute image on them.  You could look at them and maybe pick a few (they're only $8) that trigger one of your favorite memories together.

There are a lot of new face and eyeshadow palettes hitting the market now.

What are your top 3 considering formula and color story? I am debating on what to pick for myself

@CyncynnI LOVE eyeshadow palettes, they're always my treat to myself.

I tagged my all-time fav palettes with interesting color palettes and amazing formulas.  I wear these all the time and the color combos are endless!

NATASHA DENONA - Cranberry Eyeshadow Palette

VIOLET VOSS - Hashtag - PRO Eyeshadow Palette

PAT MCGRATH LABS - Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun

Come ON Ruby TONES!! Love these suggestions.

oh I loooove an eyeshadow pallet or a face pallet ... the HUDA BEAUTY - Mercury Retrograde Eyeshadow Palette really impressed me with the assortment of shades, finishes and quality !! Also I ALWAYS get any new pallets from Pat McGrath and I really love  PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VI Eyeshadow Palette - Midnight Sun ! Then of course you can’t think eyeshadow without checking out NATASHA DENONA - Metropolis Eyeshadow Palette . She has an incredible quality shadow !!! All three of those are great options!!! For face I love NARS - Free Lover Cheek Palette I always grab Nars holiday blush pallets because they turn out to be my favorites for the next couple years haha. 

Just jumping in to second the ND, PMG and HUDA palette recommendations. I have NEVER been disappointed with any of the products from these three brands. These are my go to!!!!!! I know PMG and ND are pricey, so for wallet friendly palettes try Colourpop. Sephora isn't selling the brand anymore, but they are amazing, too!

RE: Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

Love y’all! Any Desert skin care recommendations? Is hyaluronic acid bad in the desert? Since there is no moisture in the air? Thank you!

@Temberly Crazy enough, I actually feel that there have been studies of hyaluronic and how it behaves in the Mojave Desert. "Rabbit-Hole Search" Alert! Look into it, there were some fun discoveries. HYA for the WIN!

I also can't speak enough to Ceramides. I really feel that they help to strengthen the skin's naturally ability to retain moisture, and can be depleted with constant sun exposure. Check out Dr. Jart+'s Ceramidin Cream. It's EXCELLENT! 

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

DR. JART+ - Ceramidin™ Cream

Very good question , but Hyaluronic Acid is still good to use ... it can still pull moisture form the air and indoor areas but the key is to be sure you are using a very good moisturizer on top of your using a serum with it. The issue in arid dry areas is the climate pulling hydration from out of your skin. So be sure to use a good moisturizer or face oil , and consider a hydrating spray throughout day. Here are some great recommendations Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL , and then Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL

omg what a good question lol. B EA U T Y D I R E C T O R S ? ? ?  lol 

@LGVision  You crack me up.

I am usually a skincare nutcase. As you 3 three know. You raised me. But been lazy, crazy, all of the above. And I'm DRY AF especially around the nose. Any daytime product suggestions I can layer under my make up to hydrate meeeeee?? I love you!! Keep up the amazing work!! xoxoxoxo 

Awww hi sweetie!! There’s a lot of options ... you can use a stronger moisturizer that has a bit more staying power so you don’t dry out later in day ... CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Magic Cream Moisturizer is really good for dry skin , like amazing! Or also Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL . You can also use what you already are if only getting extra dry in areas and then use a serum like The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL to boost the hydration , or just add some good ole JOSIE MARAN - 100 percent Pure Argan Oil over those areas that need extra love !!! 

Thank you Daviddddddddd!!!!!! Yes I should try and Josie Oil. And really been wanting to Try inkey & drunk elephant moisturizers, OXOXOX

@SephoraBIC This time of year is always busy for me - so I doubt I'll have time to get a haircut before 2020.  What can you recommend for getting the ends of my hair as sleek as possible in lieu of a cut?  

@greeneyedgirl107 

Nothing replaces a haircut in my opinion.  Physical removal of split ends is the only way to stop them from getting worst if that's a concern of yours.

Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mLis a great way to restore damaged hair.  I use it in-between my cuts (my stylist does treatments 1 & 2 after my trims).

Also skip the heat if you can and sleep on silk pillowcases.  Bumble's new BB. Glow line is something I love when I diffuse my hair.  Preventing damage is far easier than correcting it!

Slip Silk Pillowcase - Standard/Queen Pink

BUMBLE AND BUMBLE - Bb. Glow Thermal Protection Mist

Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

Do you have any additional tips for applying lashes?? I think I've upped my lash game by by bending the band around my finger, but I still sometimes struggle with the edges staying put. Aside from a red lip, what are some other great bold lip holiday looks? Also...I love y'all!

@danielledanielle 

Hey Danielle, I've done several lash videos over the years, have you watched those already?

I would recommend wearing a corner lash.  If its smaller it won't lift/move as easily.  Also SEPHORA COLLECTION - Brush-tip Lash Adhesivein clear is a fav for me.  No lifting, quick adhesive, and easy for touch-ups.

RE: Holiday 2019 Office Hours with Sephora's Beauty Directors

I agree lashes can be tricky at times. I find for a super easy application tip : cut the lashes in half or into thirds.... this allows the section of the lashes to adhere without needing to bend much so it can quickly be applied and also customized a bit . ☺️
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Beauty Directors Headshot_NEW.png
testing