cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Hello BIC! Confessions of a Beauty School Dropout

Carol 2.jpg

Here’s the truth about this photo. My hair has never looked quite as good as this day; the day I got it cut and styled – ha! Anyone out there relate?

My name is Carol and I’m so excited to introduce myself to you all. I’m taking a peek out from behind my desk to say a Huge and Happy HELLO!! I recently joined @LexBT, @KatieBT, and @BrendaBT and I am beyond thrilled to be working with these amazingly smart and passionate women who have already become my work family. I’ve been furiously working behind the scenes on our upcoming BIC x Glowing Up Podcast Tour and I cannot wait to meet so many of you in person! Who will I be meeting in Chicago and Brooklyn?

A few tidbits about me:

• My husband and I met through an online dating site.
  • We have a completely rad kid who is currently dominating our home game console.
  • We’re headed to the Galapagos next year! Has anyone been?

Why did I title my intro post “Confessions of Beauty School Dropout?” You might be able to tell from my photo… I’m a fairly bare-faced gal. I’ve tried many, many times to get into a makeup and beauty routine and always end up defaulting back to just good ol’ moisturizer, sunscreen, and lip balm. I have been SO inspired by all the amazing looks in Gallery and I can’t wait to learn how to do contouring (wanna make these cheekbones cut glass), make a perfect smoky eye, and find ways to turn down the redness from my rosacea. I’m all ears if anyone has their favorite tips for me!

Speaking of skincare, I’ve recently discovered and become obsessed with Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox™ Hydra-Gel Eye Patches 60 Pads-30 Treatments. I keep them in the fridge and they feel fantastic under my eyes while I’m getting ready in the morning or just relaxing on the couch. Like this:Carol_eye patching.jpg

Anyone else out there with sensitive skin and/or rosacea? If yes, what are your favorite go-to skincare products? Please stop by and say Hi, sensitive skin or not! 🙂 

Xox, ~Carol

Re: Hello BIC! Confessions of a Beauty School Dropout

Hello @CarolBT

Welcome A-Board😎 I think that's really neat that you met Mr.CarolBT on a Dating App. It's the new normal! 

I also ❤ Olaplex No.4 and No.5, have you tried Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

Wet your hair, put some in...clean your house, play with your pretty rad kid for an hour, forget about your hair. Wash, condition. Pet your hair the rest of the day...cause she be soft!! 

@GG84 Thank you! I'm totally calling my husband Mr CarolBT now, hahah. I saw Olaplex 3 and was wondering how to use it. You've described my perfect Sunday morning AND I know how to use it now!

@CarolBT welcome to our wonderful BIC community! Joins us in our love of everything beauty ☺️💜 We love hearing new ideas and thoughts and I can't wait to see what you bring to our beauty loving family 

@melissapurple22 Thank you so much!

@CarolBTWelcome! I'd love to go to the Galapagos with you! You wouldn't even know I was there 😄

@Samtian haha, wouldn't even know!

Hello @CarolBT!! Welcome to the community! I have sensitive skin too and barely do any makeup other than lipstick since it's the easiest thing to do 🙂 Please come join us in the 100 day lippie challenge:https://community.sephora.com/t5/Lip-Lovers/100-Days-of-Lipstick-Challenge/td-p/4103047

Oh, and I love anything Drunk Elephant,  but Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL is my HG cleanser, so gentle for my sensitive skin  🙂

@Buootiful Oh, thanks for the recommendation! I've never tried a jelly cleanser and I know that Drunk Elephant is super popular. How does it compare to a gel cleanser? I've been trying to keep with milky cleansers vs. gel for my sensitive skin, but I might be into trying this. 

I have dry and sensitive skin with large pores and I couldnt find any creamy cleansers I liked. So I got this one for its clean ingredients and hoped for the best. Im glad I got it because it cleans and my face NEVER feels tight, even after a wet face is drying after applying eyecreams. I have not used gel cleansers in the past since they tend to be for oily skin. Im not sure if there is a difference in jelly or gel consistency. Hope this helps @CarolBT

Welcome to the BIC @CarolBT! 😄I hope you’ll love it here, it’s quite a fun, friendly community! 

@bakeamuffin Thank  you!

@CarolBT Welcome to the BIC! I feel you on the hair struggles; my hair never as looks as good as it does post-cut. 

I have mild subtype 1 rosacea, and I'm still in the process of finding my holy grail products. I've learned how important it is to research a product's ingredients before buying; it's tedious, but critical in order to minimize bad reactions! I currently use a private line from my esthetician's office as my skincare, but I'd prefer products that I can buy in stores, so I'm slowly making the switch. Like you, I recently discovered undereye patches, and I can't believe I've been missing out for so long! 

Hope to meet you at the Chicago event!

@tastelikewater YES - I will be in Chicago and can't wait to meet you! Aren't eye patches amazing? It's a fun little luxury for me. 

Hi @CarolBT welcome to the community! First thing you have beautiful skin and hair. I can totally relate to the hair thing. I wish there was a magic trick to make my hair always look the way it looks after fresh cut and set. I can never achieve that refined look by myself. 

@fatimamummy Thank you for the welcome! I'm thrilled to be here. And thank you for the kind words on my skin and hair! I also just discovered Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL I have been loving them both. 

@CarolBT I use and love Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

I haven’t tried their shampoo and conditioner yet but they are on my wish list.

Hi hi there @CarolBT !  Welcome to BIC and congratulations on your new role!  Fair warning, all you will find here are enablers to get you out of your comfort zone. So, it looks like you made it to the right place. 🙂

See you in Brooklyn 🙂 

@darkiceis Yay!! I can't wait to meet you in Brooklyn! And yes, enable away, ahah

@CarolBT, welcome to BIC!!! I have a friend whom her husband and her also met on online dating and they are still 15 yr marriage strong 😉 Please tell us more about Galapagos once you're there 😉 I love your haircut. Heart

@blackkitty2014 Thank you! I love success stories from other online dating couples. Congrats to your friend. We will be celebrating our 15th anniversary next year too! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. 🙂 

26 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 85 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos2
  • Carol 2.jpg
  • Carol_eye patching.jpg
testing