Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Happy Valentine’s Day, BIC!

Happy Vday from Team BIC_.JPG

Happy Valentine’s Day, BIC superstars! ❤  

Thank you all for your contributions in the Beauty Insider Community – you make this such a special place to be. We love each and every one of you, and are sending you all the warmest virtual hugs this Valentine’s Day.

We know that you’ll probably be treating your loved ones (including yourself!) this holiday, so if you have any gifting ideas be sure to share them with us for inspo! 😊

Let us know how you’re spending your Valentine’s Day by hitting the “Reply” button below!

Re: Happy Valentine’s Day, BIC!

@Guessgal  Thanks! I suggested take out and maybe hit up a local coffee shop and a movie once my little one is sleeping!

@ather You can watch the new To All the Boys movie together on Netflix 😉

@SportyGirly125  Aww such a great idea!

@ather   I would do the same!  My husband always has the same idea, but I'm a germaphobe and I just find that hotels aren't as comfy as our home. Getting him away is good though because it gets him away from all of the house projects he needs to do.   🙂

@Ispend2much6  I totally relate to the hotel thing. I'm the weirdo that has to sanitize the bathroom, check for bedbugs, check the sheets, etc. Haha - in other words, probably not a whole lot of fun or romantic.

@PrettyPaint   I can't decide if it's a good habit or ignorance is bliss.  The last time we stayed at a hotel was because of a storm and we lost electricity.  So did the hotel! lol  And, yes, there were bugs on the floor near the bed. 😞  They were dead, but still...

@Ispend2much6  Oh no!!!! Yup, that would have freaked me out. Not a fan of bugs. It seems like they would have swept those away before the next person arrived. But at least they were dead. 

@Ispend2much6 Oh my that sounds terrible ;(

@SportyGirly125   It really was.  It was during a tropical storm, so the humidity was terrible and it was difficult to breathe.  Temperatures in the high 80s, even at night.  And the room smelled very strongly of insecticide!  Plus, it seemed like there were some questionable activities going on in the hotel. 😞  That's my tale of woe.  lol

@Ispend2much6  I agree. We also have an almost 2 year old and a dog so it’s a lot to travel with for only 1 night. 

This year I’m doing PALentines week wth my coworkers and brought them some south Asian sweets instead of chocolates! I’m also doing GALentines and got my girlfriend SEPHORA COLLECTION Bawdy x Sephora Collection Butt Sheet Mask Retexturizing + Rejuvenating and one of the Sephora favorites with lip products. Me and my boyfriend also have a tradition where we visit the fast food restaurant we went to on our first valentines years ago when we were kids instead of exchanging gifts or doing a fancy dinner. 🥰

And last but not least, I have today off for a holiday, and decided to take Thursday-Friday off to extend this long weekend and get Lasik!

E194BFBE-C7FE-40D3-985F-4ED30DDA2FC4.jpeg

@lnum ,

Happy Valentine's Day!  Good luck with your Lasik procedure!  I hope that you love your results!  Those treats look so good!

@lnum Those look yummy

Those treats look amazing @lnum! Your Valentine’s tradition with your boyfriend is so sweet! 💗💗 

@lnum Looks delicious!!!

Omg I think I recognize some of those sweets, like gulab jamun and barfi @lnum ! What a great alternative to chocolates 😋 Good luck on your Lasik! 

@RNGesusPls Gulab Jamun and Barfi are my two favorites, great choices! 😁

thank you!

@lnum  Those sweets look so delicious. Yum! I hope your lasik goes well. Please report back when you're feeling up to it. I am so tempted to have it done someday. 

@PrettyPaint @michelleshops 24 hours after surgery and I feel great! Eyes are a bit dry and my vision is a tiny bit blurry but nothing compared to before without my contacts on. Doc says my vision should continue to improve. The procedure itself was quite strange being awake for all of it, but the actual laser was only 7 seconds on each eye for me. Making the corneal flap and resealing it took a minute (unfortunately for me they had to do this twice because I have a tendency to squeeze my eyes shut which caused the flap to move, so they did it again and put contacts in to protect the flap till my follow up this morning). I would say making and sealing the flap was the most uncomfortable part honestly, it’s a bunch of weird noises and some pressure on your eye, but painless due to numbing drops. I had very minor burning and soreness for about 2 hours but I went home and went to sleep, woke up feeling fine, but holy heck my eyes were dry and I put in drops immediately. I also soaked a qtip in the artificial tears and cleaned up some residue from the surgery that was making my lashes stick. I wore sunglasses, bright lights were a bit much for me today. I don’t seem to have any red spots in my eyes  which can happen for others, my eyes look completely normal. 

Now for the weird part, they give you three kinds of drops, an antibiotic, an anti-inflammatory, and artificial tears. The first two you have to put in four times a day, they have the most awful, nauseating aftertaste in my mouth for a good half hour!!!! I don’t think I’ve experienced that with eye drops before, so first time for everything. I’m not looking forward to having to use the anti-flammatory for two whole weeks! 

All in all, I’m still not used to being able to see...but I love it!

@lnum  Thanks for the update! I'm so glad it went well. I find that so amazing that you can already see fairly well. I am hoping I will be a candidate. In the past I have not been due to dry eye issues (I think this has been caused by wearing contacts for so long). I have an idea of what you mean about tasting the drops. I have a prescription eye drop that I have to use, and it leaves a horrible taste in your mouth for around an hour. I'm not sure if it's the same for your drops or whether the doctor specified whether you can, but if you apply some pressure to your tear ducts for a minute or so immediately after applying the drops, it will lessen the amount that drains down your sinuses (so you are way less likely to experience the aftertaste). Basically you have to clog your tear ducts for a bit so it doesn't drain down through your mouth. 

@PrettyPaint What a neat trick! I’m supposed to avoid any pressure on my eyes while they heal but that’s good to know! I hope you end up being a candidate. 

24 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • Happy Vday from Team BIC_.JPG
  • bottle-perfume-with-red-hearts_127657-10725
  • E194BFBE-C7FE-40D3-985F-4ED30DDA2FC4.jpeg
  • 18D46631-CF4B-49EC-929C-6F899430AA18.jpeg
  • DE2D5CB9-7370-4786-B524-FE2DDBA3935D.jpeg
  • 421208CA-03BB-4128-AC85-1900663624A8.jpeg
  • 08A9D02D-D400-468B-8254-4483A0AAE2C7.jpeg
  • giphy.gif
  • 20200212_000202.jpg
  • CFF89B11-13CB-46CD-89AB-4E911CB3F35C.jpeg
  • 4897A106-8446-437B-9D9C-D9CA71935AEB.jpeg
  • We took an old ottoman and made it into a dog bed for her
  • Never any room to sit on any sofa lol
  • He’s always climbing into stuff and I’m always rescuing him.  Locked inside a cupboard, fridge, closet, boxes, basement, attic, suitcase, pantry, almost dryer (this cat is really testing his 9 lives theory)
testing