cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Happy National Lash Day!

Hi SEPHORA Community!

I’m Eliza Davila, a Sephora PRO Artist and lash lover. I recently got my hands on The Effortless Collection from Velour Lashes and, let me tell you, I screamed when I opened the box! The first thing I noticed was the length of the band and how little prep is involved when applying. The shortened lash band is perfect for exact placement and takes the guesswork out of how to fit the lash properly to the eye! I decided to test these out over the span of the week! I wore them at the gym, (YES to the gym with my regular makeup from work) as well as getting ready for date night! I seriously felt so naturally glam, and had ZERO irritation or lifting! This Effortless Collection Launches on 2/19, which also happens to be National Lash Day!

Lash Day_1.jpg

Above are all the styles I received with the names of each set. Also pictured is the Velour lash kit complete with 1 pair of silk lashes, mini lash applicator and white latex mini lash adhesive.

The photos on the right show the lashes with the cases removed. Lash styles in order from left to right:

1. Lash kit (loved the quality of the lashes themselves as well as the glue and applicator. They did not spare quality in this set at all!) Featuring “Would I Lie?”
  2. “Short & Sweet”-Lashes that look like your own but just a hint more! Perfect for any event and anyone looking to try false lashes!
  3. “Barely There”- These lashes were super natural and can be worn more on the center of the eye or towards the outer corner for a lash boost! Loved these!
  4. ”For Real though?”- These reminded me of lash extensions and gave me all of the length I desired without feeling like a heavy lash! Another pick of mine that as a go-to lash!
  5. “Just a hint”- Perfect added touch for a cat eye or just to boost length and volume to the outer edges! This style was featured for my perfect “weekend” lash.

eliza lash.jpg

lash day #8.png

Let me break down how I applied my lashes so they were perfect for the gym:

Lash Day_2.jpg

• Apply a light layer of mascara and liner to help conceal lash band.
  • Gently remove lashes from the package. I like to use the side of my thumb.
  • Once removed hold up to eye for proper placement. Flex the band back and forth so it can curve naturally with your eye shape.
  • Apply a small amount of glue to the lash band and let dry for 30 seconds.
  • I like to use the applicator and line up the lash with the center of my iris. Use applicator to adjust faux lashes close to the natural lash line.
  • Shown wearing "Just a Hint"

Eliza lash 2.jpg

If you prefer in-person help, don't forget that you can always get a free lash application at your local Sephora with the purchase of any lashes.

I will be checking in here to chat so please comment below if you have any lash or application questions! I'll be checking this thread and can't wait to hear from you!

Anonymous Insider

Happy National Lash Day!

i love it!!! 😍😍😍

Re: Happy National Lash Day!

@ElizaPRO @VelourLashes I just purchased the Effortless Lash Kit. I was going to get a single pair until I realized it was only $4 more to get the lash glue and applicator. Good deal!

Just to confirm - the velour lash glue is free of formaldehyde, correct? I do not see it listed under the ingredients, but just wanted to make sure. Some lash adhesives appear to contain somewhat toxic ingredients, so just curious! 🙂

Hi @PrettyPaint!

We're happy to tell you that our clear lash adhesive is latex-free and BOTH the clear and the black are free of formaldehyde!

We would recommend dropping by your local Sephora to see if they have any samples of our Lash Adhesive to swatch! You can swatch it on the inner part of your wrist to see if you have any allergic reactions to our formula. Otherwise, it is completely safe to use for your eyes.

Feel free to ask us if you have any other questions!

- Velour Lashes Expert

@VelourLashes Thanks so much for letting me know! That’s good to hear! 

Ah Eliza - you already know how much we absolutely ADORE you in the Effortless Collection!! So happy to hear you able to enjoy and experience the ease of this collection, they all look so stunning and natural on you... with the perfect amount of oomph!

Happy National Lash Day from one lashaholic to another! 😉

RE: Happy National Lash Day!

Those look amazing !

Re: RE: Happy National Lash Day!

@Bay5678Thank you so much! I hope you get a chance to try them out! They feel so soft and natural!

For sure going to get them for my dance show !

RE: Re: RE: Happy National Lash Day!

@Bay5678 I hope you have an awesome show!

Happy National Lash Day! I'm a mascara junky so this could be a good day for me!

@echoverseHAPPY BELATED NATIONAL LASH DAY!! I hope it was a lashy one!  ❤️

Beautiful @ElizaPRO! My biggest problem with lashes is that  I never place them right the first time so then my natural lashes stay tacky for what feels like days. But I just keep working on it. At some point (I hope) I’ll get it right!

@ChristineR07Thank you so much for commenting! I had a blast with these! As far as application goes, you are in luck! The shorter band takes the detailed work of trimming out of the equation.  The most important part is getting the placement just perfect as well as the amount of glue.  Less glue is best when applying. I really enjoyed using the Velour Lash Glue! Really easy to use twist off cap and applicator! With these lashes depending on style you can just aim for the center of the lash line. Don'f forget to make the lashes flexible so that they curve to your natural lashes. You can just pinch them together with you thumb and forefinger!

To remove any residue left over from the lash glue Try Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. This cleanser helps any left over eye makeup or glue! It comes in a large 3.8oz container and is $29. This is a must have product for me!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Happy National Lash Day!

I’m sorry to hear of your lash troubles but if you need help with them here is some easy tips. First you need to pick a good lash glue and a pair of lashes that fit you and your lifestyle. Not all glue is created equal not all lash is created equal. I would recommend the duo lash glue and I personally really like the kiss lashes but that works for me and it might not for you. Second of all I would recommend you using tweezers to apply the lash. Any tweezer will work. Third of all you need a mirror (I personally like magnifying mirrors for this) and a pair of scissors. Try on the lash without glue and if it’s too long trim the lash to size. If your lash has longer lashes towards the end cut that part and not the front part. Apply a small amount of lash glue to your lash band. Wait 20-30 secs for the glue to get tacky. After that take your mirror and hold it below your eye (not directly like three inches or something) then grab your lashes with your tweezers. Apply the lash. Make sure it’s sitting on your skin and not on your actual lashes. Fix lashes if needed. If you keep trying to fix your lashes don’t worry it’s not always the easiest the first time. Practice makes perfect. After you apply your lashes correctly curl the lash and your real lashes and apply mascara and that’s it. Hope this helped.

RE: Happy National Lash Day!

These look like the perfect length! I can’t wear popular lash brands because they’re always too big for my eyes but these seem just right

@sysysysysyHi! Happy Belated National Lash Day! I wanted to make sure that I was able to get back to your comment! These are the perfect length to just apply and go! The way The Effortless Collection was designed really takes the guess work out of how much to trim for a great fit, plus they absolutely got the length perfect on all of these styles! I think you would feel comfortable in them for sure! Stop in at Sephora and they can go over step by step what works best for you and help you with any questions!

@sysysysysy You’re meant to cut false lashes down to fit, cutting from the outer eye corner. 💜

JessyAnne wrote:

@sysysysysy You’re meant to cut false lashes down to fit, cutting from the outer eye corner. 💜

That's one of the amazing things about the Effortless Collection - there's no need for measuring, trimming or even eyeliner! The styles in this collection are placed on an invisible band and are a 3/4 lash, making it even easier to just glue and go! 

@VelourLashes I’m looking forward to trying the new Effortless Collection, I’ve been using Velour lashes for years! No trimming will be nice. 

49 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • eliza lash.jpg
  • lash day #8.png
  • Eliza lash 2.jpg
  • Lash Day_1.jpg
  • Lash Day_2.jpg
testing