cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|
Anonymous Insider

Glo up before school

So By the time I get back to school Iโ€™m going to be 16 and I want people to be like wow sis look good. So what should I get or any tips for skin, confidence, and makeup ๐Ÿ˜ญโค๏ธ

Re: Glo up before school

Hi @itsscharr!

Makeup is one of my favorite ways of expressing myself!  So excited that you're starting!

Skincare is the first and most important step!  If you haven't already, find out what your skin type is (oily, normal, dry, combo) and your skin concerns.  That will narrow down what skincare and makeup products are best for your skin.  You can take the quiz here:

https://www.sephora.com/beauty/skin-care-quiz?icid2=meganav_howtos_skincare_finder_med_050118_image

For a more natural base, you can use tinted moisturizer, BB or CC cream.  Or, you can use a light/natural coverage foundation.  Using sunscreen with UV protection is a must!!!!  I like Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen SPF 42 1 oz/ 30 mL or the Kose Suncut Sunscreen.  Make sure your sunscreen has UV protection since UV rays are the most harmful to your skin.  Sunscreen without UV protection is pretty much useless.  Foundations with SPF do not work!  Recent studies have found that you need 15 pumps of it on your face for it to actually be effective.

To prevent clogging pores or if you want a more even texture, use a primer.  The order would be your skincare routine, sunscreen, primer, and then whatever your chosen foundation or BB/CC cream is.

For eyes: waterproof mascara is best, neutral eyeshadows like NATASHA DENONA - Bronze Eyeshadow Palette.  Getting a good brush set will help!  This is my favorite Sephora starter brush set SEPHORA COLLECTION - Ready To Roll Brush Set (face and eyes).  The bristles are nice and soft.  My favorite palettes are SEPHORA COLLECTION MOSCHINO + SEPHORA Laptop Palette , Too Faced Just Peachy Mattes Eyeshadow Palette โ€“ Peaches and Cream Collection , and HUDA BEAUTY The New Nude Eyeshadow Palette.

For brows, the shape is everything!  My eyebrows definitely make or break my look.  Use the Golden Ratio to shape your brows.  I like to get them threaded.  If you're lucky enough to have full brows, you can get away with Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel 4 or Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wizยฎ Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Taupe.  If you have sparse brows like me or want that Instagram brow, Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROWยฎ Waterproof, Smudge Proof Brow Pomade Dark Brown is great.  I use Anastasia Beverly Hills Dual-Ended Firm Angled Eyebrow Brush #12 with the dip brow.

If you're shaping your brows yourself, use the Golden Ratio to draw out your brows as perfectly as you can and fill them in.  Then, clean up your brows by plucking, shaving, threading, etc.  That way, you aren't over plucking.

If you want a natural lip color, choose a color close to your nipple color (weird, I know).  You can use BITE BEAUTY - Agave+ Weekly Vegan Lip Scrub or similar to exfoliate and soften lips.  I like to moisturize with Vaseline and found it the most effective (and cheap!).  You can use lip liner, lipstick, and liquid lipstick in that order for a glam look.

Other things you can use are contour to slim down facial features, blush to give your face a healthy color, highlighter to give your face a glow or to highlight the high points of your face, concealer to hide blemishes or brighten your face, and eyeliner, among many other things.

These are just some of the basic tips.  I encourage you to experiment but also go at your own pace!  Have fun!

Re: Glo up before school

Great tips!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing