Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Fragrance Inspirations: What makes you want to try a new fragrance?

Re: Fragrance Inspirations: What makes you want to try a new fragrance?

usually when i change my wardrobe for the seasons or a special event i like to change my fragrance. i have specific ones to go with specific styles.  

i do however wear the female version of my boyfriend's cologne when i really miss him

the fragrance sampler ads they have in magazines, inspire me to try something new

Anonymous Insider

A mood change made me want to change from my usual floral- Chanel # 5, Arpege, Stella McCartney's Stella and a  peony based boutique scent to a richer, darker, yet still partly floral Bulgari Jasmin Noir. It's wonderful and suits my more mysterious side. I  found it in the Newport NJ Mall Sephora with the help of scent expert ,April!

I travel into NJ once a month to shop at this Sephora, as the staff is wonderful, helpful, and patient, even with someone like me. I have visited Sephora's all over NYC.

The staff in NYC behave as is one if going to steal something, or that the customer is an annoyance who interrupted their gossip session. The complaint I hear most often from friends,(not willing to travel to Jersey) is that if one dares to go into a Sephora in NYC without a full face of makeup and a designer suit, one is ignored- or watched as a criminal. Who goes into a Beauty Emporium in a full face of makeup? How can you try anything on? It's crazy. The service in NYC has always been the same. "Snotty" is the unfortunate word.

In the Newport Mall, if they are out of something, they will check in the back, and often find it!  If not, will give you an approximate day of arrival. In NY, they won't even look in the back. "Sor-eeeee" was the answer I got at the upper 60's shop on third or Second Avenue.

I'm leaving tomorrow for Jersey, to do my pre buying shopping. My buying day is the first, and I'll be happy to see Aysha,(complexion) Tim, (color Master) April, (Scent expert) and the lovely Dana, Manager of this store who knows what the customer Needsnot only what she Wants. I've bought things there I Never would have thought of (Eyebrow kits) until it was shown to me, and let me do one side of my face myself. Who knew the eyebrows were Essential in framing the face? Not I, until shown. Thanks to all the staff and Management at Sephora at the Newport Mall Sephora- and I will continue to recommend it to my friends whoa re too 'scared' to enter a NYC Sephora. Sopping for scent was new to me, but the Sephora

"wall" helped,as April helped choose from among those recomended. It was a pefect fit,and allowing me to try the scent for a week made up my mind, between three differnt scents. Thank You Sephora!

Anonymous Insider

definitely if i smell a magazine strip or smell a tester...

definitely if i smell a magazine strip or smell a tester in store!

a celeb face and the bottle shape

a celeb face and the bottle shape

Honestly, I'll go out of my way to smell a certain fragra...

Honestly, I'll go out of my way to smell a certain fragrance if the bottle has an appealing look. (for instance, I saw MAC turquatic's bottle & automatically fell in love); other than appearance, fragrance is the main factor for buying a new perfume!

smelling it on someone else, which is not always good because fragrances smell different on each person

The bottle of the prefume is the thing that really catches my eye in a store full of hundreds of perfumes,I have unfortunatley bought a perfume without even smelling it, the bottle was too amazing I couldn't resist and I ended up not really liking it,but I now love it because of the bottle and how it looks amazing on my counter.

the bottle ❤️

Anonymous Insider

honestly, its usually the packaging that draws my eye to...

honestly, its usually the packaging that draws my eye to it. if it has a nice bottle shape then i will be drawn to try it. Juicy couture is famous for that!
Anonymous Insider

The bottle! If it's pretty or eye-catching it makes me want to try it.

The Person Who Created The Fragrance & Price + Brand Name Of Product

The look of the packaging and the advertisement that the...

The look of the packaging and the advertisement that the company has taken into consideration for my age. Also, if reviews are good I will most likely try it.

Beautiful packaging and words like sweet, citrus, intoxic...

Beautiful packaging and words like sweet, citrus, intoxicating

If the bottle looks cute, friendly, and fun I will want to go and smell it. or if the bottle expresses the way the perfume smells I will also want to try it 

Anonymous Insider

WHEN FRAGRANCE SMELLS LIKE NO OTHER. ALSO ONE THAT DOESN'T SMELL LIKE ALCOHOL: WHERE U HAVE TO WALK AWAY FOR AN HOUR AND THEN COME BACK TO GET THE REAL SCENT

If I like the celebrity or packaging hahaha :)

If I like the celebrity or packaging hahaha 🙂
Anonymous Insider

Because I don't like to smell the same I like to try new frangances and it is also fun 

the brand, fragrance category, and notes make me want to try new fragrances

The packaging! If the packaging is pretty then I always w...

The packaging! If the packaging is pretty then I always want to try it out.

Honestly? The bottle, I'm a sucker for packaging.

Tags:
testing