From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

Fenty, dry skin, foundation questions? Search is your friend!

Hello Everyone! BIC has a wealth of information, and probably many answers to your question, right at your finger tips! No need to start a new thread, just search to join a conversation in progress 🙂

I'll even help you out today!

The FENTY Beauty Thread - For all your fenty questions, swatches, reviews!

Skincare - Dry Skin? Oily Skin? Weird Blobs?

Dry Skin Talk

Skincare 101

Daily Skincare - You put what on your face?

SEARCH! Found right below "Conversations"

Edited for da real MVP @k617

large.jpg

And also the BIC Holy Grail: @Mcakes@veronika23

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Welcome-to-BIC-The-Navigation-Thread/m-p/2911403#M98185

Re: Fenty, dry skin, foundation questions? Search is your friend!

A bit of good news among the chaos--anyone notice the Popular threads are no longer showing old threads? Looks like the parameter was finally updated to limit threads to a more recent and relevant time frame. Most of the threads @veronika23 created and regularly post in are showing up on the first/second pages, but some popular threads like Deals, Hauls, etc. aren't, so it may still need some work. Or maybe it'll update as we post more frequently in threads that have yet to appear. We're making some progress!

Baby steps :)Baby steps 🙂

@jisub89  Candace mentioned in another thread (last week) that in removing the Customer Service threads off the home page there were some bumps along the way (i.e. certain threads not showing up on the homepage at all).  She said this issue should be resolved soon.

Yay! Nice to see that happening and hopefully the older popular threads will follow. Thanks for updating us!!!

I'm starting to feel like we need a shade match request thread as well haha, the amount of threads for that is getting kind of out of control. 

Thank you  @MissPuff  for saying what many of us have probably been mumbling to ourselves for the past few weeks 😄  Everything feels so insignificant now. Many people don't even respond after you answer their questions, not even offering a kudo/heart anymore... it's like they ask something on a whim and forget they even posted anything? I used to feel like I was helping someone, now I just feel unnecessary. Maybe it's just me, but I miss the old forum... I'll probably be a Rookie for a LONG time 😄

I think part of it is the side effect of Sephora heavily promoting the forum.  Its driving an influx of new users, which leads to this becoming more on a customer service spam board instead of a quality content & discussion board.  I think that over time, as those types of users drop off, we'll see more of the "old" community content emerge.

@Yuumei Don't give up hope! Lots of OG BT'ers are still fighting the good fight with thread re-directs and the such. I understand completely how you feel, what's the point in contributing if you're just shouting into the wind and no one seems to care? BUT! Everyone once in awhile, someone will say thanks or throw a heart my way, and it will remind me of the old BT and keep me going. Though now that I say it out loud, sort of sounds like Stockholm Syndrome... 😉

Hopefully once the mods figure out the main feed, our old threads will pop back up and new BIC will be able to see the light 🙂 To the BT'ers still doing your thing:

awesome.png

@MissPuff @Madeline7 Y'all are very optimistic!

1ni0td

the passive aggressive responses to people just posting questions is really rude and unnecessary imo. searching doesn't always bring up the right responses. the community is available to all sephora customers and the fact of the matter is people aren't always going to use it the way you want them to.

Well, this was bound to happen! It's common etiquette on any forum to search first, look for available information and lurk a little to learn the lay of the land - not just jump in and shout one's own question or random thought, which produces no value for anyone - not the poster, nor the community members. Hopefully, there will be some tips and tools available soon to help this be a productive place for the old and new community members alike. 

Agree @sister13! I read without posting for a while, and only started posting when I felt like I had some idea what was already happening. I first found BT while searching for lipstick swatches. Search is your friend for sure!

I agree @sister13, I've been chastised as a newbie in other forums because I posted a question that I could've found the answers to had I searched. In fact, when I first joined BT, this happened but I didn't take it personally - you live and you learn. But that is the key. Even with gentle redirection, this thread, specific existing threads posted, people continue to post the same thing over and over again, sometimes immediately after someone's post 5 minutes prior.

Exactly! @k617

Actually @maddyz asking people to look for the answers to their questions as opposed to just posting an entirely new thread works to the benefit of all....

(1) It encourages users to seek out the well thought out and heavily detailed recommendations previously provided by the very users who helped build the foundations that this current community rests on

(2) It cuts down on the number of false positives that show up when people conduct a preliminary search and see threads that ask similar questions but have few responses, if any.

and (3) It affords new users the opportunity to see the depth of knowledge and support within the community.  Not to mention the countless benefits that stem from said contributions.

Perhaps if you look beyond your assumptions you'll finally recognize and come to appreciate the valiant effort longstanding members are putting forth to aid all that stumble upon the community.

@maddyz How would you suggest I come off as less passive-aggressive when asking people to do a search?

If I can do a search in 10 seconds to find the answer to their question, so can everyone else. It doesn't feel like a community right now, it feels like a chat room.

i was talking about this thread (screencapping peoples posts, the gifs).

i searched fenty beauty and the """main thread""" didn't show up in the first results. sephora has encouraged people to ask questions, so that's what they're gonna do. blame sephora for the redesign. i don't think micromanaging people is going to help anything.

It is Sephora's fault, @maddyz, I'll give you that.  And their lack of monitoring and moderation has also contributed to it. That doesn't mean I'll sit back and let those who aren't familiar with this place run it aground. I'm not micromanaging people; I'm not getting paid to do this. If I were micromanaging them then maybe they would listen. 

Perhaps the discussion on this thread is viewed as being passive aggressive, but truth is, I directly respond to people asking them to do a search and they still don't read. I also include a link to this post because it asks people to use the search. They can see for themselves everything that's being written. I'll give you that too, though.

If people would stop posting 2, 5, 20 threads on the same topic, we would be able to find things easier. The Fenty thread, if it's not the first to show up, would be the ONLY one to show up if everyone would just do a search and not create a duplicate thread (or if Sephora would do ANY moderation of the forums and group discussions together). 

P.S. I successfully redirected someone to another thread because she was unfamiliar with the place. So it has made an impact today, however tiny.

@maddyz I just looked up Fenty Beauty and the main thread was in fact the first result though. Even if it wasn't, the Fenty Beauty Thread has mostly been on the first or the second page of the conversations tab since the brand launched. I'm new here and I'm annoyed. I can't imagine what the older BICs feel like. It just doesn't feel like a place where you can have meaningful and productive interactions with people when the pages are filled with the same 5 questions every day. You barely see any of the other brand threads, deals threads or news threads anymore because the primer, foundation and Fenty threads drown them out. It just feels like a lifeless place where people dump their questions and leave once they've gotten a couple of answers. I heard that there was a Q&A section before and I too think that Sephora should bring it back. At least then the people who only want to ask questions and the people who want to participate actively in the forums would both be happy. Overall, this is a shitshow. We're trying out best to help people our by showing them how to use the forums properly, but it's just so frustrating when you log back on only to see that the main pages are flooded with the same old questions again, some of which have been asked 1000s of times (no, I'm not exaggerating. Just look up the words best primer). Sorry for the long rant. It's just frustrating when people ignore the best tool on websites aka the search bar. 

Newer visitors may not know that this community has been around a lot longer than the revamped BIC, therefore they may in fact believe that they are adding new content to a brand new space. Those of us who have seen BT morph into BIC would like to see some of the organization and community-building posts become commonplace again, rather than never-ending noise that gets quite redundant and is ultimately not productive if the goal is to get people to go back and forth, much like we are doing right now. Just my two cents, now I'm off to help direct traffic some more, it's the teacher in me 😉

giphy

The reality of BIC now. THREE threads in a row related to oily skin and moisturizer.

SMH

9-12-2017 1-05-48 PM.jpg

Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • double-rainbow-o.gif
  • B2DB54A7-DD02-449E-AFDC-F6092AD915D6-1453-000001AC2AB48CC7.gif
  • giphy
  • large.jpg
  • l0fb.gif
  • 1504646267917.jpeg
  • IMG_0121.GIF
  • IMG_4989.JPG