Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Trending Now

Fake reviews.

I get the feeling that 70% of the reviews on Sephora.com are fake-- posted by the product distrubutor. I always click on the user and see if they've reviewed other items or not.. I mean, almost every product has at least 4 stars total. That seems a little unlikely. It bothers me.... Luckily they have a great return policy so you can try things out yourself. Thoughts?

Re: Fake reviews.

I agree.  I'm more likely to write a review when I like something and very few when I don't.  Also because most of the time I research a product first before buying unless its the few random buys

Very true research is alway a good thing. 

I haven't actually noticed my negative reviews get deleted on Sephora's website, but they are harder to find.  I cross check everything with Makeup Alley just to be safe.  

I think overall, Sephora is probably one of the less aggressive websites at filtering negative review.  Ever been to the website for any specific brand?  Nary a negative review in sight!  Smiley Happy

I have had Sephora delete my negative reviews 2 out of 2 times.  It's a shame this potentially great resource can't be taken seriously because there isn't integrity in the system. 

It's funny because the four review oned always say how wonderful the produvt is and you're like: how come not 5? 

You know I take reviews with a grain of salt and always read the reviews from lowest to highest.  But since being on the BT found that the information and advice I receive here greatly outweighs the information on the product page. Example - I was thinking about buying the OCC Lip Tars. And user nini831 posted two 5 star reviews of the same product with no other reviews???? I don know seems fishy to me! Anyway, based on some posts I read here, they are very drying!!!!! My lips tend to be dry to begin with.  I am glad I was able to read that feedback on BT and I feel it helped me make a more educated decision.

i hate OCC liptars! i've heard nothing but good reviews and i know i'm not the only one! i got black dahlia thinking it would be dark and it came out like a really light purple red, it wasent pigmented and it barley lasted an hour. 

Wow! I always read the reviews. Sad to know if they are fake. I always write reviews on products that I love, hardly ever do I write on products I don't. I think I will. Smiley Happy 

Usually I'll see if I can find the item on makeupalley too, they tend to keep most reviews and I can see how they add up Smiley Happy Plus the users on there are very critical!

after reading this  and researching my reviews here;seems to me the higher the $ for product more stars it gets...

some of my neg reviews don't get posted...

some people neg post on truthful  and coherent product reviews saying it was "unhelpful" -reminds me of high school.

for the person who typed about makeup alley- thank you I appreciate the info/went there.

154 Replies