Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Eyeliner and Oily, clogged pores assistance.

Hello! I hope you are doing well.

I have two problems that I could use assistance with. 

(1) I wear a good amount of black eyeliner, but my watery eyes always seem to cause the eyeliner to walk away quickly, or run, even if it's water proof. Do you have any suggestions for a good, longer lasting  black eyeliner for watery eyes.

(2) Also, I have a pretty oily T-zone, always causing blackheads and consistently clogged pores. I've used nose strips, exfoliators, you name it. Usually I have to use more than one product, or repeat the cleansing more than a few times to get results, but it's still not pulling them out.

I really don't want to spend too much money on a product that may or may not work. Please help me. I am open to suggestions. Thank you so much!

Tiffany 

Re: Eyeliner and Oily, clogged pores assistance.

Hi @TiffieRose!

stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black is my holy grail.  It really stays on all day, even through my naps.  Something I like to do when my lids are on the oily side is to powder my lids with translucent powder before liner.  Sometimes, I like to fan them to make sure it's dry before opening my eyes.  You can use a setting spray as well.

For lower lash line, I've never had much luck with pencil liners.  I stick to using eyeshadow and a smudge brush instead and that seems to stay on better for me.

@TiffieRose 

I wear a lot of black eyeliner and also wear contacts so I'm constantly adding eyedrops to the mix which is an interesting effect. Not sure if this is a great solution but I find using a liquid liner on the top lid (I'm using the Benefit Cosmetics Roller Liner Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Black right now and the KVD Beauty Dagger Tattoo Liner Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Trooper Black in the past) and then a pencil liner on the lower lash. 

For the Oily t-Zone - not sure which exfoliators you've used previously but i'd recommenda  BHA which can help dissolve the oil in the pores (my usual recommendation is the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL since it also has a PHA which will help sweep away dead skin cells too). A clay mask might also help out if you want a once a week treatment) 

Anonymous Insider

Use Stila Stay All Day eyeliner (: 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing