Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Daily Obsessions: Hydrating Faves

Maybe it's because I'm originally from the East Coast, but I just love fall. The food, the foliage, the fashion; it's the season of cozy, and I am all about it. My skin (and hair) however, vehemently disagrees. The minute the leaves turn, my relatively cooperative combination skin turns into a dull, dry, itchy mess. Luckily I've got a few coworkers with the same issues, so I grabbed a few of their hydrating favorites to share with you (right after adding them to my basket).

What product is your dry skin saver? Show & Tell!

dry skin 10.22.jpg

Origins Drink Up™ 10 Minute Mask to Quench Skin's Thirst

"The weather aggravates my naturally dry skin, but this intense hydration mask does just the trick. It refreshes my complexion, leaving my skin soft and moisturized. Plus, it feels amazing under foundation." -Melissa M., Beauty Advisor

ALTERNA Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Pure Treatment Oil

"I wasn’t blessed with luscious locks, but I can fake it with this smoothing oil. It’s a miracle worker for my dry, coarse, curly hair. I use it before heat styling and as a fast-acting deep conditioner in the shower." -Myiesha S., Sephora PRO

Josie Maran Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick

"This three-in-one argan-oil lipstick in Playful Pink is a makeup bag space saver. It has the high pigment of a lipstick, the shine of a gloss, and the hydration of a balm. It’s the only lip product I need!" -Diana C., Assosciate Color Merchant

Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum

"I always think a red-eye flight is a good idea, until I land and take a look in the mirror. Luckily, this serum seems to restore the hydration that gets lost somewhere on the flight. Wish it could also help me catch up on lost sleep!" -Deborah Y., VP of Marketing

Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment

"Between work and kids, my under eye circles are pretty pronounced. But this stuff has done wonders for me: it hydrates and brightens while creating the perfect canvas to smooth on concealer when I really need it." -Lauren C., Color Merchant

Re: Daily Obsessions: Hydrating Faves

Ouh I definitely need a new moisturizer!! the past 1-2 weeks my combo skin flipped and is now more dry in certain areas on my face. I also picked on some whiteheads (yes i know i shouldn't) and made it red, so using salyclic toner, primer and even tea tree oil my skin needs the extra moisture.

At night i use extra drops of Josie maran argan oil, and then after it soaks in i use a little vaseline in my dry areas

what's a good moisturizer that's not too thick for the day time? and is in a tube/pump

I have dry/sensitive skin in fall/winter, so I feel your pain Candace. My must haves are

1. L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Cream

2. Rosebud Salve

3. Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask

I use the Cera Ve pm moisturizer for any dry patches on my face/elbows-it gets rid of them immediately.  But recently I bought the FAB Beauty Head to Toe kit and have been loving the Ultra Repair Cream!  The Oatmeal mask is really gentle and hydrating too.  For my eyes, I use Clinique's All About the Eyes.

I'm getting some great ideas from this thread ladies!

@Meg82 - If you mention a non-Sephora product I won't side-eye you...too much. 🙂

And I slather Argan oil everywhere once fall starts, lol.

This is not a Sephora product, is that allowed?

I have the driest feet in the universe.  Every winter they crack and bleed and it's gross and painful.  Until I discovered BBW "shea it isn't so" which is a deep moisturizing foot cream.  It is awesome.

EDIT: Oh! this is something that is sold by Sephora that I'm loving so far: Josie Maran's 100% Argan Oil.  It has been a godsend for my dry cheeks so far this fall.

I have uber-dry areas on my face and body, and eczema which flares up in Fall and Winter. So this is a great thread, I will get lots of good ideas.

Some of my faves for face:

- Kiehl's Rosa Arctica heavy cream (not the light) - love that this is pretty much frag-free and non-irritating.  I even use this on my lips and eyes when I need serious moisture above and beyond my normal eye cream, etc. (and I use Kiehl's #1 plain original lip balm.)

- Organic plain Jojoba Oil - everywhere. Face, Hair, Body.

- Dr. Hauschka Masks - Moisturizing, rejuventaing, etc.  I find all of them soothing, smoothing, toning and fairly moisturizing.

I don't find it SUPER moisturizing for me, but I do love Fresh Rose Face Mask, and I find it very soothing when dry turns to irritated/red/annoyed skin!  I just need to follow it with moisturizer.

I have been holding onto a sample of PTR squalene (oil-less oil), and looking forward to trying that.

For body I have just tried Mustela wash and moisturiser, not sure what I think yet.

Usually, I use Kiehl's Creme de Corps body wash, body scrub, and body lotion/cream.  These are my go-to products on a daily basis!

I wish Sephora carried the Origins Overnight Drink Up mask (in the green tube). Smells like tropical smoothie 

My dry skin life savers--

Origins Drink up mask!

Origins Drink up Intensive

Fresh Rose Face Mask

Murad Pomegranate mask

Josie Maran Infinity Oil

I use these on a regular basis! I have very dry skin and this helps a lot to keep my skin from flaking!

LOVE THIS THREAD! 

~ Caudalie Vinoperfect serum, for AM hydration 

~ PTR Aloe Mist (it's gone from the site right now) is really hydrating & I love that it's alcohol, oil & fragrance free! 

~ PTR Oilless oil- 1 drop is all I need to mix with moisturizer or pat on my dry areas. I swear this bottle will last me forever. I like it better then the skinceuticals B5 gel, which was my HG for years. 

~ Argan oil for hair- I put it on my ends before I go to sleep, or massage it into my scalp the day before i wash my hair to help with dry scalp

~ Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave In Conditioner- Stays in my shower. I apply a bit to my hair after I turn the water off to seal in moisture. 

~ Dior Lip Glow - I love the tint & hydration it provides 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • dry skin 10.22.jpg
testing