Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Trending Now

Coupon codes should be considered different from promo codes

It's ridiculous that we can't use our coupon codes as well as a promo code on Sephora's website. They should consider a coupon separate from a free promo item otherwise you have to choose between a discount or a promotional item (which may entice me enough to buy the full item if it's a deluxe sample). Ridiculous. I can't imagine I'm the only one upset by this...

Re: Coupon codes should be considered different from promo codes

I have a hard time believing it's something super difficult for Sephora do, as opposed to something they're reluctant to do.  I know I personally wouldn't use multiple codes every time I placed an order, just most of the time ... but it would alleviate my anxiety about placing multiple orders and risk losing the "privilege" of spending my hard earned money on Sephora's web site.

Even just two codes! Have ONE promo code. And then ONE discount code spot. 

Agree! I also wish they would just let me have flash shipping. I would happily pay $10 or whatever for no-limit free shipping, and would order more stuff (and more often) if I did not feel like I have to hit $50 to avoid shipping charges. There are a lot of great codes, but it is not worth paying shipping charges to get most of them. I am not buying deluxe samples for $5.95.

Heck, I would probably wind up ordering enough to hit Rouge if I was not talking myself out of orders to avoid shipping charges.

Yes. Agree. 

During the VIB Rouge chat, I brought this issue up when I listed a few suggestions, but this was ignored Smiley Sad

Yes!!!! I would love a section for a promo deluxe sample & a discount code too during checkout. For most deluxe sample promo codes, aren't they at a $25 minimum to redeem?  Coupon discounts don't come very often either.

Victoria's Secret website allows 3 promo codes/discount codes. Although they're super picky about what codes you can & can't combine, & that gets frustrating after a while.... plus their outrageous shipping costs..ugh.

Anyway this would be AWESOME & then I wouldn't feel bad or feel like I'm losing out on something, after I made my purchase. "oh no! did i choose the right promo code?!?!" lol 

I didn't know VS allowed multiple coupon/promo codes. That's so awesome --- and proof that the functionality is there.

I could not agree more <3

Also, agreed. Although, you would think after seeing multiple posts about the SAME issue, something would get through to the Sephora higher ups...

PREACHHH!!!!

Omg AGREED. I got so crazy one time, I was planning out my order and seriously almost ordered certain items separately just so I could have a discount AND the promo gift I really wanted, but then I would have had to pay shipping. I'm Rouge now so I have free shipping, but at that time I was just VIB and it was so frustrating. I ended up just doing one order and receiving the gift, but then my discount coupon expired.

ONE spot for a discount code and ONE spot for a promo code would work flawlessly.

@kraezilyunique -- I think they gave some ludicrous "our technology won't allow us to do it" answer to why they can't allow the use of multiple codes.

OK, so if your IT people or priorities make the use of multiple codes technically impossible right now, here's another suggestion.  Automatically add promo items when people make a qualifying purchase!  I could go to any one of the major department stores or Ulta, look at a whole bunch of GWP specials, put the items that qualify into a cart and the GWP is added to the cart!  No choosing, no codes, no nothing.  Would THAT be a simpler solution to the problem, Sephora?

As for using codes during Chic Week to get discounts -- your system already knows who is a BI/VIB/Rouge.  Why not just apply the discount automatically?  Doesn't seem like it would really be that complicated.

There are a bajillion websites capable of taking multiple promo codes or finding other ways to work around this. Sorry, it ain't rocket science.

Yep! You can add 3 codes on VS website! I just don't understand why ALL others have sale codes all the dang time and you still get the samples! How is it also that the major dept stores have all the GWP which blow the sephora out of the water! Sephora even on the best day a deluxe sample is as big as my pinky?!?!?!?

Preach!

As someone who works in the field, I can tell you that the "our technology won't allow us to do it" excuse is a complete bull.

Also, I personally think that saying it is to assume all of your customers are dumb, it's just so insulting.

"our technology won't allow us to do it"...Wow! Then someone should run tell Victoria's Secret because they have been allowing customers to apply up to 3 coupon codes for several  YEARS. smh

Yeah, I mentioned that a while back. 3 codes, yep 3 codes in same order!

I call shenanigans on their reasoning.  OTHER sites have the technology, but they have the only IT guys and gals on the plant who can't make it happen?  Really?  Truly?  This can't be real life (no snark at you).

I understand they are in the business of making money, I give them a good portion on my "fun budget" but is allowing us to get samples really going to break them?  I would say a corporation as large as this one, would get those samples for FREE.  Shipping them with an order costs them nothing.

As someone said it gives them a chance to try before they buy, which is CHEAPER than me going into the store and having the SA give me the plastic container (which I'm sure they pay next to nothing for too). But some stores may not have the sample I want. *stomps foot*

I'm sure they are thinking if you get samples from the store, you will probably make a purchase while you are there.  I'm PROUD to say I have gone to the store got my samples and fled without purchasing anything extra.  It was hard but I didi it!

Highlighted

Most of the stores are automatically applying the 15% at the counter for us. Why can't the 15% off be automatically applied during checkout if you meet the status requirements? It would free up that promo code box that they are so stingy with.

You're definitely not the only one annoyed at this Smiley Sad

We have asked and asked for more than one promo code box ESPECIALLY for VIB's and VIB ROUGE members to no avail. We are loyal customers!!

THIS!! SO MUCH!!

I went to my local sephora to buy an item that was OOS and the SA offered me a free shipping code, but then I told her I wouldn't be able to use it in conjunction with the sale promo online. It just seemed kinda ridiculous that I had to choose between the 2 codes just because my local stores didn't have the item I was looking for Smiley Sad

A million times yes. I actually used a promo code instead of 15% off on a smaller item because I wanted the new D&G mini perfume... Ugh it sucks to choose!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the D&G mini, I want that!

I do wish we could use coupons and promos in the same order. With the two orders I made with the coupon code, I opened them and I was like "dang..... no little pretty surprise in my package D: "

Maybe they could make that a perk for the VIBs and Rouges if they want to do it but be cheaper about it.

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • click-to-agree-header.jpg
  • upload_6152213499733949873.gif