cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Collaboration Ideas Wanted!

SC Collab.jpgHello BIC,

Sephora Collection team is scouting their next great collaboration partner – and we want to hear from YOU!

Sephora Collection partners with other brands to co-create products that are new, unique and exciting. In the past, we have done broad range collaborations with high-fashion brands like Moschino and Mara Hoffman to childhood favorites like Minnie Mouse. We are now looking for a new partner to collaborate with!

Collaboration partners can be anything from brands and other retailers to influencers and celebrities. Ideal partners bring a fresh and creative point of view that emotionally resonates with our audience.

If you have an idea on who Sephora Collection should collaborate, post your idea in the comments!! We’d love to hear what you think.

This thread will close on October 11th, so please do not hesitate! If your idea is chosen, we will reach out to you with next steps on how to bring it to life.

Thanks for participating!

Re: Collaboration Ideas Wanted!

@veronika23  I love that!  The Vintage Cosmetic Company has such cute products, but not many.

@Ispend2much6  never heard of them. Will need to check that out! Thanks 🙂

You're welcome!  They may be only in the UK.  Maybe Look Fantastic? @veronika23

Thanks 🙂 @Ispend2much6!

RE: Collaboration Ideas Wanted!

I'm in the camp of wishing the beauty industry took a step back from collabs. I feel like the market has become overly saturated with them lately, to the point that it makes me feel like brands have run out of original ideas. There are collabs with YT'ers, 'influencers', celebs, between 2 brands, etc. I understand that doing a collab means you have a market baked in, but it seems to me they're rarely done well. That said, I saw someone below say something related to one that raises money for a charity and I would get on board with that, if it was done well.

Re: RE: Collaboration Ideas Wanted!

i agree! i thought the one that benefit recently did was kinda dumb. i don't need my makeup to have other people's faces on it.

Definitely agree that they have to be done well. It usually feels rushed and just to get some more cash out of people. A well thought out collab could be nice... especially if it doesn't involve gurus, youtubers, etc.

TOTALLY agree with those sentiments @Mochapj

@RachelBTOoooh also I really love Kate Spade - their fashion and and jewelry pieces are so fun and whimsical - the purses are BEAUTIFUL and I think that a Sephora X Kate Spade beauty collection would be FABULOUS.  I could really see the joint esthetics meshing well together!  Everything she makes is bold and fun yet elegant - I would certainly  cheers to that colleciton!

My own personal Kate Spade baby (and Nanette Lapore glasses) - please do a Sephora X Kate Spade Collection! Cheers!My own personal Kate Spade baby (and Nanette Lapore glasses) - please do a Sephora X Kate Spade Collection! Cheers!Extra KS eye candyExtra KS eye candyKate Spade eye candyKate Spade eye candy

Skinny Girl mogul, Bethenny Frankel. Something new, something fresh! I think she’s amazing 😊

now this is the sort of conversation that gets my heart pumping ! there are so many possibilities ! first, i'll speak more generally for what i as a makeup consumer seek out of collaborations. i definitely prefer collabs that have an emphasis on creativity, rather than celebrity. *if* there is a celebrity collab, then it needs to be more than just about their name and endorsement. the nars x charlotte gainsbourg collection is a great example of this imo--they introduced new formulas to represent charlotte's chic parisian no-fuss look. 

as for ideas....some sort of literary theme would be so refreshing and so fun. but i don't think it would be a big seller, admittedly ! or some sort of french new wave / jean-luc godard / anna karina 1960s mod concept could be way fun too--that mix of girlish flair with tom boyish sensibilities, and highly aesthetic. so lastly, perhaps the concept i'm most hungry for: some sort of BIBA / barbara hulanicki revival would  be the most topical/relevant when it comes to current trends (30s cabaret-via-the-1970s revival, bruised fruit colors). it wouldn't even have to be literally a BIBA revival, but an homage to the vibe and decadence of the particular aesthetic. think fosse's 'cabaret' with liza minnelli, david bowie's aladdin sane album. i'd be happy to brainstorm this further of course.

product quality, concept and color stories are definitely important. but when it comes to emotional resonance, packaging is often what makes these creative collaborations special. whatever direction this goes, i can't emphasize enough how important i think it is to take the angle of treating us as chic women rather than little girls.

literaryliterary

anna karina. (less is more ?)anna karina. (less is more ?)

twiggy wearing BIBA makeup. (more is more ?!)twiggy wearing BIBA makeup. (more is more ?!)

liza with a z. in cabaret. (incidentally, peak BIBA era, too)liza with a z. in cabaret. (incidentally, peak BIBA era, too)

@jemlyOhhh lady grinning soul is one of my favourite songs! I love the idea for a bowie or literary theme! : )

I would die if there was a Godard or Cabaret collab

I LOVE the idea of a vintage inspired collection. I would definitely buy that.

Also love the idea of a 90's inspired collection. 

Designer wise I think a collection with Betsey Johnson would be really cool.

As for a celebrity I think I would love to see a collab with Pink. I think she would come up with something amazing and I love everything she stand for.

I'd also love to see a collaboration with someone a little more rock like Taylor Momsen or Elle King.

I do watch a ton of youtube so while I also am getting sick of collabs with influencers there are still a couple I'd like to see. Tati Westbrook, Jkissa, Glam & Gore, and Mr. Kate are all people's whose collabs I would buy.

Can't wait to see what kind of stuff comes out of this. I've seen so many great ideas on this board.

Tamagotchi is relaunching in celebration of their 20th anniversary, which would be an amazing collaboration. Tamagotchis are super nostalgic and reminiscent of the 90's era. Deep, grungy blacks and purples juxtaposed to super bright colors could produce amazing palettes. 

I'm in the pool with you, @mermadelove, bring on the mermaid collection!

@prettyinpa Somehow I knew you would be! ❤️ 😄

By the way, I'm not getting notification of tags and replies today. What's up with that???

I get tags/notifications sporadically. I check my posts on my profile page, then go to that thread to see if anyone mentioned me. Slow and aggravating, I hope I didn't miss anyone. @mermadelove

@prettyinpa  I'm pretty use I miss things on a GOOD day. But yesterday I definitely did. This moening my inbox was flooded so I know there was something wrong for a bit yesterday because I alway have email from BIC! 

@RachelBT. I would love to see tokidoki again. I did this look today with an oldie but goodie from the last collab! Another choice is Bitter Lace Beauty! We need more mermaids as everyone is doing unicorns!

@mermadelove Omg, wanna laugh at something? Ive been so lazy to get a real wallet that I’ve been using my sephora x tokidoki pouches for YEARS to carry all my things!!! I think it’s been maybe 9-10 years now? Wow!

image.jpg

1 Reply
testing