Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

4-22-2020_BronzerThreadImage.png

Hello to all my bronzy BIC babes!

Many of us share a deep love for the payoff we see and feel after adding warmth to our beauty looks. As much as I love a naturally sun-kissed tan, SPF is a non-negotiable and we do not get much sun in San Francisco – especially while sheltering in place. A touch of bronzer or self-tanner creates the illusion that I get my daily dose of Vitamin D from my love of the great outdoors instead of a supplement. I am also a member of the “I went too far with my tanning bed membership in college” club and am relatively fair-skinned so have kissed tanning beds buh-bye!

Many of you already know that this step in our beauty routines is a confidence booster. I don’t think I’m alone in my love for all things BRONZE. This thread is for my bronzing brainiacs, contour connoisseurs, and self-tanning smarty pants – but it’s also for those interested in learning more.

Spill the tea on your HG bronzers, cannot-live-without self-tanners, and any other products you use to add warmth to your complexion.

This thread is also the place to talk about newness. If you see something launching and want the inside scoop, reply to this thread. I will try to get my hands on it and am happy to serve as your human experiment!

I will be adding some of my before and after photos using some of my favorite bronzing products. Open the spoiler to see!

Spoiler

DISCLAIMER: This thread is a no-shame zone. If you aren’t into this topic, there are plenty of other threads for you to love.

Re: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

Rediscovered this Amorepacific bronzer powder illuminator. It’s so pretty for natural glow and can intensify a bit by using darkest shade in it too. So soft and buttery. 
@TraceyEB , @blackkitty2014 have you tried

Darn it sideways. lol.Darn it sideways. lol.

1D82F73D-4937-4931-AAF2-BD040629914D.jpeg

3661EEFE-BF6B-42CD-A119-25C482BFBD96.jpeg

Re: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

@Sunnysmom So pretty

Ver pretty @Sunnysmom - exciting to see that it comes with a brush!

Definitely @KatieBT me too! And it’s such a nice one. 

Ooh, it looks really pretty in the pan, @Sunnysmom .

It really is @CookieGirl1 . I realized it didn’t show up as well on my hand in this pic but it does when it’s on. 😊

@Sunnysmom is it very glowy? 

Did I not answer @CookieGirl1 ?! 😱It has a nice natural glow to it, a sheen kind of. More than a shimmer tho slight shimmer. Very forgiving! 

I have that AmorePacific bronzer and it's great for warming up my medium skin tone. I like that you can build up the intensity, too! ❤️

It really is nice @PenelopeBT . I’m enjoying it for a subtle look too! 

@Sunnysmom Thx for posting.  I'm an AmorePacific junky.  I tried pretty much lots of stuffs from their lines but never make up.  I'll look it up Heart

I know you love their skincare @blackkitty2014 . Such a good line! You’d like this for sure. 

Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

In my recent make up cleanup I found the Tom Ford Soleil bronzer in 02 Terra..it has a nice sunkissed look so I will be getting more use out of it this summer. I haven't found many bronzers that work for me, I dislike the muddy look so it is a lot of trial and error. As for self tanners, I would love to have a golden hue to my skin but usually end up looking orange so it is a skip for my medium skin tone.

@KatieBT Would love to hear any rec's on tanning towels, pads or cloths!  I used to use Kate Somerville, but they've been discontinued.  I didn't care for the Tan Towel brand.  I'm thinking about trying Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Intense Glow Pad Self-Tanner for Face 20 Wipesand DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Alpha Beta® Glow Pad™ For Body With Active Vitamin D.

RE: Bronzers Unite: Let’s Talk About the Best Bronzers and Self-Tanners for That Lit-From-Within Glow

Bella Cosmetics sunlit bronzer !!! Definitely one of my favourites

I found Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact Bronze 03 in my backup makeup box a few days ago and a shame that I didn’t even remember I had it. Anyways it is a beauty. At this point I have to keep a light hand while using it but a couple of outdoor walks and it will be perfect colour for me.

I knew I saw a thread about bronzers somewhere! 🙂 Just shared this pic on my IG as well. It's been nice and sunny lately so I've been dusting on some bronzer on my walks. Here, I'm wearing my TOM FORD - Soleil Glow Bronzer - 01 Gold Dust. Makes me feel nice and glow-y. I actually got this a couple months ago and didn't bring it out of its duster case until now. Never thought the first time I'd use this would be during quarantine.

IMG_1742.JPG

Thanks for this thread idea @KatieBT !

I love the natural color and that it doesn’t have soy of shimmer! Definitely need to try this!

Lovely photo! I love how huge that Bronzer is. It's like a lifetime supply. lol 🙂

Haha yes!! This may have been my plan all along 😄 @PenelopeBT 

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • 4-22-2020_BronzerThreadImage.png
  • 02BF3825-43C2-4039-9A5C-1D0FC5A7D8A2.jpeg
  • 10EA261B-62C2-41DF-9A10-6909C5341C57.jpeg
  • 91898C34-447D-4930-A6C1-303C97DE2D95.jpeg
  • 20200505_104921.jpg
  • 20200505_105000.jpg
  • IMG_0557.jpg
  • Yes, I wrote the brand names using blue eyeliner.
  • 5378F820-F474-4213-B280-7C5260BCE739.jpeg
  • E877CA2E-576D-45B8-B35B-1BDB47AFFD6F.jpeg
  • Kosas, Ilia, Ilia, CT
  • E061A93C-6CBB-4E93-ACDC-C14973D8D129.jpeg
  • 74B64246-E5C6-475B-8164-42C08FBAF7A9.jpeg
  • IMG_1742.JPG
  • L-R: WG Air Brush, 02, 10, 11, 12
testing