Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Throwback Challenge: 10 years of Community!

10 year anniversary BIC_mock.png

Happy anniversary to the Beauty Insider Community!! Since our 2010 launch, we have had ten fabulous years of beauty advice, Community friendships, and llama love. Whether you have recently joined in on the BIC fun or have been around since the Community was called “BeautyTalk,” we want you to come celebrate with us!  🎉

We’re sure you’re all aware that since 2010, the beauty world has seen some pretty major changes. Trends have certainly come and gone, but isn’t that what makes beauty so exciting? As a part of our ten-year anniversary party, we are challenging you to reflect on beauty trends from the past decade. Whether they were highlights you personally loved or fads you should have avoided at all costs, we want you to share your beauty throwbacks. Each week, we’re giving you a theme to follow to help inspire you - BONUS POINTS if you have old photos of you rocking memorable trends, or if you incorporate them into a routine today!  

• Week 1 (9/9 – 9/15): Eye trends 

👁
  • Week 2 (9/16 – 9/22): Brow trends 🤨
  • Week 3 (9/23 – 9/29): Complexion (foundation, contour, etc.) trends  🖌
  • Week 4 (9/30 – 10/6): Skincare trends 🧖🏾
  • Week 5 (10/7 – 10/13): Lip trends 💄
  • Week 6 (10/14 – 10/20): Hair trends 💇

What beauty trends from the past ten years stand out to you? Click the “Reply” button below to share your thoughts or photos! 

Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: Share BROW trends from the past decade!

@sprocketta 

Smart woman! 

@GG84 I would get my chin waxed at this one place and they always wanted to do my brows but I said no. You don't realize how much hair is on your face until someone points it all out to you.

@GG84 Omg 😂😂😂😂 the things we do as kids! I remember in 1st grade this girl made fun of me and I cut a huge chunk out of the front of my little girl bangs and blamed it on her 😂🙈 .... we have now been best friends for 20 years 😂😂😂😂😂

If you've seen my brows you know I don't touch them lol. I keep them from fusing with my hair on my head (most of the time) and being a uni brow. That's about it. I do like the trend that was the fishtail haha. Like a baby one at the ends, not the major huge ones. 

eyebrows-3-ht-jt-180222_1x1_992

@Samtian  I’ve never seen this before!

So cool and interesting!!! 😍

Never seen this before! How interesting!!! @Samtian 

@lindseyyfaye I remember when it came out, and one of the contestants on ANTM had gotten it done.

I started doing my brows in college but I wish I started in high school!  I have sparse brows so in some pictures, it looks like I'm missing the front bit of my brows 😂

I remember watching brow shaping videos where the MUA's shave their brows and recreate them completely from scratch and they're all super realistic!  It was so they could teach people who had gone through cancer treatment how to create realistic brows!  I thought that was amazing ❤️

@RAWRitsRED Seriously so amazing everything that is available now!

@RAWRitsRED Even though I barely have any real eyebrows left, the idea of shaving them still makes me panic!

@TeamBIC I remember seeing the halo brow look in an Allure e-mail and thinking that we scraped the bottom of the barrel for unique brows.  

Wish I could post a pic.  But even though it's a .jpg, I couldn't upload the URL.

GeorginaBT_0-1600274867815.png

Back in the era of "on fleek" brows ... who let me overdraw them like this LOL 🤔 This brow pencil color is also not it for me in hindsight! But I will admit I miss my bold lip days...

@GeorginaBT  I thought this was a new picture!! So pretty!!

Yasss girl

I like these brows!! @GeorginaBT 

@GeorginaBT @Love your look

@SportyGirly125 Too kind, thank you! Looks like I was trying to channel the 90s with the choker necklace I have on 😅

Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: Share EYE trends from the past decade!

@TeamBIC for this weeks challenge I remember doing thin brows. I can’t believe that was even a thing looking back on it. 

Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: Share EYE trends from the past decade!

@SportyGirly125 Omg I know 🤦🏼‍♀️😂 so embarrassing! And very glad that’s in the past.

RE: Re: Beauty Throwback Challenge: Share EYE trends from the past decade!

One eye trend I remember that was popular was the halo eye. I used to think it wouldn't suit me, but I enjoy doing dramatic and natural halo eyes. Here is one I did in the past few months . Instagram: andra.r.mua -

blue halo eyeblue halo eye

257 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • IMG_20150809_151533.jpg
  • 10 year anniversary BIC_mock.png
  • 6CF117CE-37EE-4C96-A49C-F3DD95E49931.jpeg
  • 15997057785587646558937783135457.jpg
  • woF_HtUB9TaP
  • throwbackeyes.JPG