Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I get that sometimes, a refresh usually handles it @JoSometimes .  I think it happened this morning, too, but now I can see notifications.

@danielledanielle @TeamBIC I am getting no notifications from the bell icon and email. 

@SportyGirly125...Do they appear in your list of notifications...because I got Corgimommys mention earlier, but didn't see any of these tags.  Maybe they are turned off - I think this happened with @Mellmars1185 and someone else.

My notification bell is "off" (no dot), but it populates with hearted posts only.  No tags, which wasn't happening this morning, about 6 hrs ago.

@danielledanielle @On my bell notification earlier it said I had no notification like @JoSometimes stated. I just checked now and am only getting a few. None from you or lmaster. 

I am wondering, will there be any challenges this January or February like there was in December of 2023?

@Beauty23765 waittt I missed a challenge in December??? 😞 Can u tell me what the challenge was pls? I want to know what I can expect 

I am not sure when challenge will come out but I really hope soon I have signed up a couple days ago and haven't seen a challenge and have been looking every day so I hope that one will come out soon!😀

Ik I signed up in December!!! 

Does anybody know when a challenge is going to come out?? I am really curious and looking forward to (maybe) completing one!! 😁 Alsoo, what kinds of tasks might be in these challenges?? Like I said, I'm curious 😅 Thanks!!!

@MonicaHky  @MercyZVL @Beauty23765 

Challenge has been posted

1000001519.png

Thank u!!!

@TeamBIC I have seen more younger kids around the ages of 10-13 on the forum ask if Glow Recipe or Drunk Elephant are good brands for them to start off in their skincare routine.  As a parent I do think we need to educate our kids about proper skincare at that age but I also think that these skincare brands need to address that children that young do not need things like retinol in their routine. 

sorry for the rant but it was getting out of hand the last couple of days with these new younger members who are under the age of 16 asking. 

Hi @SportyGirly125,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Per our Beauty Insider Community Guidelines (BEAUTY INSIDER COMMUNITY GUIDELINES (Updated 10/10/2023)), and our Site Terms (https://www.sephora.com/beauty/terms-of-use#sephora-community), you must be 16 years of age or older in order to be a Community member. Based on this policy, our mods actively revoke the memberships of any Community members who we know have self-disclosed that they are under 16, or those we have good reason to believe may be under 16.

We appreciate your cooperation in alerting us or the mod team if you encounter any individuals, like the members you mentioned, who may be underage and in violation of our Community guidelines. Thank you for helping to keep Community safe.

@TeamBIC @Thank you 

@SportyGirly125 I don't even know how to respond to some of these questions about skincare anymore. I'm scared to cause more harm than good. Once actives get involved, I don't really want to throw my two cents in there. I think Glow Recipe and Drunk Elephant have definitely gotten a boost from social media (especially TikTok) and the new demographic is a much younger audience than the 20-somethings I assume they were originally targeting. Whether or not it is their responsibility to educate their consumers is what I'm torn on. I think parents need to be conscious of what they buy their kids (especially at that price point) but I can see how it might behoove the brand to increase awareness about it's ingredients. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lawsuit at some point because some kids messed up their skin adding a bunch of actives to their routine without proper knowledge.

The cute packaging and bright colors is much more appealing and distinctive than the drugstore brands and has that "brag" appeal now. If Sol de Janeiro came out with skincare right now they would sell out immediately just because of the brand.

OMG yes as a teen I can say I would def buy Sol de Janiero skincare 😍 unless I couldn't afford it 

I know kids shouldn't be using skincare but I recently got my kid the evereden kids face cream and they love it so if you have children I would recommend the evereden kids face cream for kids of all ages

No I'm a teen and we neeed skincare even tho I have clear skin I still use it bc who wants acne??? I have a Garnier cleanser, a Beauty360 moisterizer and a Beauty360 refreshing toner...some of us just have different needs, and while I have drugstore skincare, some of us just are more comfortable with higher end stuff. Plz respect our skincare needs 🤗

@MonicaHky @Most teens don’t have a lot of money to spend on expensive skincare. Unless you have a job most likely your parents are paying for it. My Mom would never let me spend or pay for skincare that expensive. It wasn’t until I was in my late 20s, early 30s where I could really get into skincare and buy it. 

@SportyGirly125 yeah,...I have drugstore skincare bc I pay for it myself 🤣 all I'm saying is that we DO need skincare, just maybe not the super-duper high end stuff with retinol and whatnot.

@MonicaHky, I am not your parent, but I really need to put this out there - skincare isn't an actual need nor is makeup - and this is coming from a place (and person) where we all have a ton of both or either, which is what other members are referring to when you compare it to actual needs (having food, a place to live, people that care about you, a family doctor, etc). 

I am not far off, especially when I know members here who are makeup "junkies" but in a moment wouldn't spend money if they have other needs.  It's not disrespecting you or your individual viewpoint to say so.

Call me a hypocrite, fine.  Also, you are tagged, but this is really for anyone that's 15 and under. 

You need to have good hygiene habits as well as good self-care habits.  Washing your face is definitely one of them, and what you choose is on you, but realize your caregiver or parents are what allow you to buy different ones above the basics.

2,333 Replies
testing