Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@GeorginaBT Thank you 

Thank you! @GeorginaBT 

@KatieBT @TeamBIC 

The Beauty News thread is glitching and not showing posts in order. For some reason, newer posts from the last couple of months are sandwiched a hundred pages into the thread.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/BEAUTY-NEWS/m-p/5530939#M114590

@quspork How odd! I see a post from 2017 on the first page, and a post from 2019 on page 95. 

Reported this issue - thanks for flagging! Know the Beauty News thread is a common favorite on Community. 

Thanks, @GeorginaBT!

@KatieBT @GeorginaBT @TeamBIC 

I seem to be unable to upload images now, as I get the following error message: You have reached your upload limit of 4,500 images. Is there any way to fix this? Thank you!

Hey @ohheyitscindyk! Wanted to let you know that you should be able to upload photos again. Let us know if you continue to experience any issues! 😊

@GeorginaBT I just tried & it works, thank you so much!

@ohheyitscindyk yay!!!  I was helping you post pics in the promo threads

@SportyGirly125 Thank you! I still don't get notifications for threads I'm subscribed to 😞

@ohheyitscindyk Thank you very much for calling this out - currently looking into a fix with our vendor partners! Heads up that we might reach out to get more information / troubleshoot the issue with you if that's alright. 😊

@GeorginaBT Thank you!

@ohheyitscindyk Were you trying to upload images for thread posts? (Assuming that's what you were doing, not uploading images to the Gallery.) Oh boy... I wondered if there was a photo limit.

@KatieBT @TeamBIC If there really is supposed to be a limit on photos we can upload to include in our posts (as opposed to Gallery images), then... 

1. Accessing our photos: Is there someplace we can see all our images, aside from the post reply page? Right now, the only way I can see all my photos is to click the camera "Insert Photos" icon above this text box. I'd love to be able to reach my photos some other way, perhaps as an option on the "My Conversation Activity" page in the left nav (on desktop). 
  2. Photo album issue: Speaking of the current "Insert Photos" album, its current design is fine for the task of uploading new images to include in posts. But going in there and searching for existing photos to reuse, rather than upload a dupe photo, is a pain. I have to scroll through aaaaalllll my photos... and now that timed sessions are in effect, my session can end by the time I find the old photo I'm looking for. Then I have to refresh my session, get back into the reply page, retype (or in my case, paste—assuming I copied my post text before trying to add images), get into the photo album, scroll a lot again, and probably get kicked out my session a second time. So...
  3. Improvement suggestion: The ability to make our own sub-albums and group photos in them would be fantastic! And/or if we had a photo album page (outside of the reply page), it could maybe have a few more features like the ability to filter photos by date range (months, years, or whatever), create/delete sub-albums and move photos into or out of them... I don't expect something as robust as Mac OS/iOS Photos or Google Photos (I say "robust" mostly because those apps have photo editing functionality), but a bit more functionality than we currently have would make photos much easier to manage—especially if there's a limit on how many we can upload, and some of us have to delete some images to get back under the limit. 

Thanks! 

@WinglessOne 

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far far away, in the land that time forgot...

Back when BIC was BT (Beauty Talk), we had an album. We could reach all of our pictures in one place, and we could delete them quickly, or hide them easily with public and private folders. It wasn't super fancy with loads of functionality; they were in chronological order and you had to know about when you uploaded something if you were looking for something in particular, but they were *easily accessible*, all in one spot. We lost that when BT became BIC, and there were numerous requests to bring it back, but they apparently fell on deaf ears.

In my mind, it feels like Sephora went for "all of your pictures belong to us, forever and ever, amen" and doesn't really care to give us control once we've uploaded them. Some folks stopped posting altogether over it (and to be fair, other changes in the board, but I don't think it's unfair to say that the loss of the gallery contributed for some), and some folks (myself included), stopped for a while, but the lure of chat buddies drew us back more than the loss of control.

Sadly, I find it easier to just take a new pic whenever possible instead of trying to hunt for an old one. A gallery with halfway decent usability (or even just any gallery) would be a welcomed upgrade!

@KatieBT @TeamBIC 

@WinglessOne Yup, for thread posts. I had no idea there's even a limit 😄

@ohheyitscindyk @WinglessOne, my recollection is that @Tamara76 had this issue a while back and received a similar message about reaching the limit. She reached out to @TeamBIC and the mods to help and they were able to get it resolved but I think it took some time. Hopefully it can be addressed quickly @ohheyitscindyk. 🤞🏼 

@TeamBIC @GeorginaBT, is there a way (either currently or perhaps in a future update?) where we might be able to know how many photos we’ve already uploaded so that we have an idea when we are close to reaching the limit? 

@itsfi Ahh thanks for the heads up!

Hi @KatieBT  @GeorginaBT!

I'm still having some trouble with notifications.  I'm not receiving all the notifications even when I'm tagged in the posts.  I will sometimes find out that I was tagged in a post while scrolling through the feed instead of emails or the "bell" icon.  With email notifications, I will receive some notifications an hour or two after I'm actually tagged and by then, I would have seen them already.

Thank you!

Thanks for this callout @RAWRitsRED - I actually just got a notification about you tagging me in this post! So in addition to notifications not coming up in your notification feed, there also looks to be a delay. This turns out to be a known issue with our vendor partners, so I've given them this extra feedback to help them work out a resolution asap. 

Hi all, I remembered a request for some type of feedback regarding saving drafts of posts, right? So this morning I got the dreaded "You've exceeded the number of private messages" text and was like "No, I don't want to retype this later!" which made me think, can we save drafts of them? It would be even cooler to have a trigger that if you check a box or something, the draft would then automatically send when you allowed to send private messages again. Just thinking of ideas. 🤷

@ShortErica I love this idea! Both ideas, actually: saving draft messages and an auto-send option. I'm trying to remember if Lithium has either capability built in (assuming that's still the app running BIC). If not, it could probably be customized by dev. After all, the global IT/dev motto is "everything's possible—with enough funding." 😄 

2,288 Replies
testing