Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@TeamBIC 

Notifications seem to be down, both the notifications page (mine is completely blank, no matter how many times I refresh) and emails for mentions. It looks to have started some time last night; I received an email for a 645pm (central) mention, but nothing for mentions that happened at 833pm central and later. 

Since they are down, here's hoping a mod is actually browsing the board on a weekend to see this... 🤞 Sending a PM to y'all as well, as my PM box looks fine (I guess...assuming I didn't receive any PMs last night)

Screenshot_20210220-122305.png

@RGbrown @itsfi @Sunnysmom @haleyvvvv @SportyGirly125 @pocketvenus Thanks all for flagging these notifications issues to us! We are continuing to work with our vendor partners on a solution for the buggy experience, and your feedback always helps us understand the issues our members see in the BIC. 

We will keep you updated on improvements as we are able to! 

@TeamBIC Thank you for investigating the matter! It seems to have been spotty, on and off for a bit, but at least for now, the notifications are working? Will post here again if it breaks again. Thanks again!

That's so odd, @pocketvenus; I've been getting notifications consistently over the last few days.  I wonder why it seems that certain users are affected...🤔.

@CookieGirl1 maybe it's my desktop browser?? I'm using Chrome.

@pocketvenusI use a combo of Chrome (on PC) and my app.  Weird. 

@RGbrown @TeamBIC I am still having awful issues logging in, staying logged in without it kicking back to the app, and also saying I have no notifications nor am I getting any emails saying I have any. For months now but recently and in past hour also it’s been giving me the no notifications once I am on the site. (My rank also goes up and down too. So that’s no fun! Lol)  I know you’ve been working on this for me but just letting you know it’s still occurring. Thank you! 💞

@Sunnysmom @TeamBIC This keeps happening to me as well. I'm on an Android OS on Chrome browser, but it often makes me re-login (by trying to send me to the app, which doesn't work). I usually close out of Chrome and restart and that seems to work, but it isn't great. It's been this way for a while, but has been extra happening for a few weeks now. Last time it was this bad, I cleared my broswer cache, but that's obviously annoying.

Oh man @haleyvvvv I’m sorry for you too.  It’s such a pain isn’t it! I’m on iPhone and iPad Safari and it has just been a nightmare. I cleared my cache also and that is so annoying. I’ve had this issue on and off for a year at least I think but it has been extra tricky this past week! Good thing we aren’t quitters. 😬 Lol lol Thanks for trying to help us @TeamBIC ! 🤗

@RGbrown @itsfi @TeamBIC it seems to be working now. I just got a bunch of email notifications 

@RGbrown Same here

@RGbrown @itsfi I reported this in the bug thread. Good to know it wasn’t just me. 

Same here @TeamBIC @RGbrown! I've been tagged on a couple of posts but they don't show up on my notifications. 

itsfi_0-1613845911047.png

@TeamBIC it’s happening again where I posted a reply back to gonerogue last night on this thread and now my post and pictures are gone 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/td-p/3645731

@TeamBIC @I checked again after I noticed it was gone and the reply is back up again.

@TeamBIC, it sounds like one of our beauties (@keana1)  has been having trouble posting for months. It seems like she's able to post replies to others posts but is unable to post pictures, reviews, hauls, etc. to an original post. Maybe someone could reach out to @keana1 to see what can be done to try to fix the problem.

Here's what I gathered from keana1 about the issues she's been having:

" I can’t post any pictures, reviews. I can only post replies like this one... I’ve tried to post my hauls for months now.... I can’t even post in the Mask of the Week thread.."

"I’ve tried to contact them but I haven’t received a reply.. I’ve trIed posting on the thread many times sans pictures without success."

"The first message is invalid HTML, then it’s the invalid HTML has been removed. I have to re-write everything then I touch SEND which is followed by a bunch of <>… check margin bla-bla-bla . I’ve tried to erase my browsing history to remove cookies, changed margins, take new pictures etc... I’ve tried everyday for at least 90 minutes, trying different things and nada ! I’ve tried the Sephora app and it’s the same. I was able to post on the app for a while but it’s not working...."

@keana1 I get that error all of the time, especially when including a picture or trying to tag a product. I just hit submit again, without changing anything after the first try and it seems to work. I'm on Chrome Browser on my Android phone.

@itsfi @keana1 I'm having real problems in Chrome. I had to download Firefox on my phone to be able to post.

Thanks for your suggestion @curlychiquita ! Unfortunately it’s not working, I’ll try again tomorrow 💕

We're so sorry to hear about this experience, @keana1! Sending you a private message now to look into the issue further - please feel free to let us know here if you experience any issues replying to our PM! 

Thanks for the tag, @itsfi!

Having trouble posting on my mobile using a web browser. It keeps taking me to the app but Community threads and posts down work well in the App. I had this few months ago also and basically reduced my activity because I generally use my mobile in the night/ during unwind to read and post in this community. I was facing this issue and then I am not going to fire-up the laptop that late in night to read/post so I would give up and slowly just got disconnected. Ended up being completely absent from here for few months. and it's happening again. 

Anyone else facing this issue or have any suggestions for me?

2,287 Replies
testing