Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@GeorginaBT @Thank you for the constant updates. 

@GeorginaBT, thank you keeping on top of this and for keeping us updated. 😃 Last night I was able to log in and stay logged on through the app of all places (that was a first for me, 😆). 

Today is the first time in a couple of days that I've actually been able to stay logged in without getting unlogged (delogged?) so I've been MIA for a minute.  I've missed y'all!

@CookieGirl1👋🏽👋🏽

I’ve been having trouble too, but have been able to stay on this session for longer than others in my phone after closing all other tabs, logging in to Sephora , then navigating to the community. But that didn’t work earlier, I couldn’t even see the BIG site via laptop or mobile! Glad you made it back in. @CookieGirl1 

It's been really hard to log on, or stay logged in @CookieGirl1. I hope you have better luck soon! 💚

@TeamBIC 

From @Mellmars1185 I am still having the error 

@TeamBIC Every time I scroll on any of the community forms or home page it kicks me off after I scroll past three post. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app but nothing has worked.

@ThatGirlMadi  Are you using the app? If so that’s me too. 

@ather Yep it has been glitching for over a week. I have tried deleting and reinstalling several times I am at my wits end 😒 Lol 

Hi! Sorry to bug. I can’t seem to get on BIC. I use safari on my phone and I get a continuous refresh but I can never get on. And I downloaded the app but it crashes every few minutes. Is this an issue or is it on my end? 

@ather  I had this issue for about 4 days I deleted the app and contacted customer service they sent a reset password and it took me to a page and it’s been resolved for now I would try that I know it’s frustrating but your not alone and it will resolve soon it’s not on your end I’ve heard many others experiencing 💕

@peculiarzmakeup  That makes me feel better. It’s weird I could use the app but it would crash often so I ended up deleting it. Weird enough I am now able to get on with my super old iPad. It seems like it might be an issue with my phone now. I have cleared the cashe and done everything else possible but nothing. 

Hi all! 👋 Just sharing an update that our tech partners are continuing their investigation on the login issues here - thanks for your patience and understanding! In the meantime, I know some of you have had success logging in/leaving replies after clearing your browser cache/cookies. In addition to that, I might suggest signing onto your Beauty Insider/Community account from Sephora.com (including Gallery) and then toggling into Community from there. That has worked for me a couple times! We'll keep you all updated as we learn more. 

@lmaster @SportyGirly125 @greeneyedgirl107 @sister13 @danielledanielle @Sunnysmom @peculiarzmakeup @Titian06 @fatimamummy 

@GeorginaBT thanks!

@GeorginaBT  Hi!  I’m having trouble posting. I can get on but as soon as I reply to a thread it has an oops error. I’ve  tried everything. I even switched my browser to chrome and I get an error. I can get in using the Sephora app but it crashes constantly for me.i have deleted and redownloaded it and it doesn’t change it. I have an iPhone 15 and I was able to use my older iPad yesterday but today no luck. I’ve tried every device I have. I’ve also cleared my cashe. If that’s right. Is there anything else I can do? I’m missing my BIC. 

Thank you! Besides issues logging in and staying logged in, sometimes I can comment on a few posts, and then when I go to comment again it gives me the error page and I can't comment on that thread anymore no matter how many tries, it does let me heart though. 

Thanks @GeorginaBT ! I started randomly having this issue a few days ago on both my iPad and iPhone, using Chrome and Safari. Glad to hear it’s being worked on! 

It just happened to me again 10-15 minutes ago, while I was reading a thread on the side via iPad (I don’t use the app). I clicked a product link in that thread: I opened it in a new tab and kept the thread open in the original tab. When I switched back to the thread’s tab and tried to heart someone’s comment, the page kept glitching—so I refreshed the page and got the error message various people have already complained about. From that error page, I navigated to the Sephora.com homepage and tried to get back into BIC from there. Surprisingly, it worked this time and I didn’t have to log back in. Other times this has happened, I couldn’t get back into BIC without using a different browser. 

On iPad Safari browser, I have to close all my tabs and then log back in to Sephora.com, then I can navigate to Community. However, like @WinglessOne reported, if I click on any product links to .com, then I can’t get back to BIC until I close all my tabs and start over at .com. Not sure this is helpful, but FYI and posting in case it helps anyone else get back in. @TeamBIC 

@sister13 @WinglessOne - I had this same thing occur.  I'm using an Anroid phone and tablet (both Samsung using Chrome).

@sister13 @TeamBIC   Oooooh, the plot thickens! A day or 2 ago, while I was at BIC, I opened my Loves List in a new tab (iPad + Chrome) and that was all it took to knock me out of BIC again. And today, I was able to replicate the instance I reported earlier by visiting The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread and opening Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Mattifying Water Powder Serum with Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid... in a new Chrome tab. Kicked me outta BIC but not .com. I’m starting to see a connection. 

Cookie/credentials handling between .com and BIC has been wonky for what seems like a couple years for me. I like to reset all my passwords at least once a year. Whenever I do that at Sephora.com, even if I log out of both BIC and .com separately (log outta BIC first, then .com), I end up locked out of .com and BIC for several days: my new password throws an authentication error. Even if I use my laptop and clear all my Sephora-related cookies before heading to .com and trying to log in with my new password. (It’s easier to delete individual cookies from Chrome via laptop than iPad.) Pretty sure I’ve reported that before, but if not: yeah, strange things are afoot there. 

2,288 Replies
testing