Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Thank you so much for your help! @LaurieBT 

You're very welcome, @Buootiful! 🙂

Best,

Laurie 

@Buootiful @You can contact a MOD @DaneeBT 

Thanks! @SportyGirly125 

Hi @TeamBIC I miss everyone! 
I’ve been locked out of my account for weeks, starting with being able to use my account at various times of day or night, then progressing to never on desktop and phone.

At the same time I was either not getting notifications or they were very delayed via email and on site.

I think the trouble began when I started using the app on my Samsung phone. 

At first, I could log in using Firefox, Opera, then Google on desktop. Next I could only log in to the shopping part of the site, but not the community. I was automatically logged out when I tried on Firefox.

The same problem progressed to the other browsers. At this point when I tried to switch to the community, my login kept looping and never finished its completion.

I deleted the app and now I can access everything on my Samsung and IPhone. But still not on desktop.

I really don’t like using my phone for accessing BIC. I am much quicker on desktop. 

Thank you for your help!

I'm so sorry to hear this @Ispend2much6 😥 I feel your struggle, and in fact, I've been running into some login issues of my own today too! Not the best news I could share, but just want to assure you you're not alone. 🙏

I'll share all the details you noted here with our tech partners so they can look into what might be going on here. Thanks for your patience - appreciate you coming back to the BIC despite the trouble! 💞

Thank you so much sweet @GeorginaBT ! I hope your issues get solved too.

@Ispend2much6 Miss ya 

@Mellmars1185. Miss you too!

@Ispend2much6 we miss you too, oh no that's awful! 

@CynthieLu. Thank you!!

Oh no @Ispend2much6 , that’s so sad! 😥 I thought you were just way too busy. I hope everything gets fixed so you can use your desktop and we can have you here full time!

@Saradestin. Thank you so much! I've had to spend more time 😉cleaning as a result. 

Oh no @Ispend2much6 ! 😖🥵 

@TeamBIC I think i have a bug to report. I have been having issues replying to posts lately. The reply box adds giant spaces in my posts that I just manually delete. It removes tags from products I try to tag. The features like bold and italics if I use them, are not easy to control, can get stuck on a whole post without being able to remove. Pictures i add remove a few seconds after they appear on my reply to post screen. The screen will glitch and what I'm typing will insert itself in other sentences. It's a whole lot of patience to make posts that anyone can read ‌😅‌ 

Thank you for all you hard work on the community bugs and glitches 

@CynthieLu Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback - it's super helpful for our tech partners! 🙏 Could I ask if you're seeing these sorts of issues posting in the Forum regardless of the platform/device you're using (e.g., Sephora app on iOS vs a web browser on a desktop)? This will help us narrow in on the issue. 😊

@Mellmars1185 this is the thread and the glitch I was taking about, I couldn't get the thread to link before.

Any issues you are having, this is the place to report them ❤

@CynthieLu Thank you so much ☺️ 🥰. I really appreciate your help with this.

Anytime hunny! 😊 💞 @Mellmars1185 

I only post from my android phone in Samsung Internet, I hope this helps narrow it down @GeorginaBT Thank you and the tech people who keep this community running 😄

@TeamBIC I just realized that all of my reviews are missing 😬. Is this maybe a bug of some sort? Chrome desktop currently - I can check the app later as my phone is dead. Thank you!

2,287 Replies
testing