Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@eshoe I haven’t seen that before. 

I thought it was worth mentioning, @SportyGirly125. It is not often I have a full hour to devote to perusing BIC, so I was trying to make the most of it.  

@TeamBIC  I've been too tired to take screenshots of this issue, but lemme report it without images so I don't forget. 😄 

It's been ridiculously frustrating lately to tag products. Actually it's been an issue for a while, but lately it's gotten worse. It's especially noticeable now that so many folks (myself included) are trying to tag products for the skincare sweepstakes thread. These issues happen on my laptop (MacOS Monterey + Google Chrome) and phone (iOS 16.4.1 + Google Chrome); I suspect they're not OS/browser specific or user-end at all. 

1st tagging issue: Sephora's product database is full of old and/or duplicate products. Cannot tell you how many times I've had to choose between 2 listings of the same product, only for one of them to result in a "product unavailable" link while the other one works fine. This problem's existed for quite a while. I said up there I was too tired to take screenshots but here, lemme do a quick one of Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen as an example: 

2 of these results are identical and the bottom one's nearly identical (contains product size info). Why? Which one will result in an actively working link?2 of these results are identical and the bottom one's nearly identical (contains product size info). Why? Which one will result in an actively working link?

2nd tagging issue: some brand names aren't taggable. This is a more recent issue. Example: I can't tag any Paula's Choice products because no results come up for the brand name "Paula's Choice," or even just "Paula's." Instead, I have to start my tag with "Choice." And okay fine, here are a few more screenshots 😂: this is me trying, in this post right now, to tag Paula's Choice 10% Azelaic Acid Booster. 

Looks like this tag's gonna work, right?Looks like this tag's gonna work, right?

So much for me being too tired to take screenshots. :DSo much for me being too tired to take screenshots. 😄

I remember folks being unable to tag any Lancôme products without including the accent in the brand name—though another workaround is just to try tagging the product name without a brand name and see what pops up, and that doesn't always work either. And sure, this brand name should always be written with the accent anyway, but the average US BICer won't remember that unless they speak French and know how to generate the accent on their keyboards. 

These are just 2 examples of untaggable brands. I'm sure there are more and I'm just not thinking of them right now. You've probably noticed this issue too, but I'm reporting it anyway. I like to help folks with skincare issues on BIC, but this tagging issue makes it frustrating to tag recommended Sephora-sold products for them. 

Thank you @WinglessOne , having same frustrating issues as well. @TeamBIC thank you! 💞

@WinglessOne thanks for taking the time to report this!!!  I totally agree and have experienced this with the brands you mentioned, too.

@WinglessOne @Titian06 @danielledanielle @eshoe Hi friends! 👋 First of all, thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback and screenshots -- we understand that it can be a feat to document some of the oddities that can happen in the Forum. 😅

You've all clearly laid out what could be improved about the BIC's product tagging experience today, and we so appreciate you! Regarding the duplicate products in your tagging results, this may be related to a data issue that could be out of our hands, but we will take this to our vendor partners to see if there are any opportunities for a little clean up. 😊 

Regarding brands with special characters in their names, we recognize that the tagging experience is not ideal! For now, we recommend sticking to typing product names or shades to get the product tagging feature to recognize what you're looking for. 

Thank you all again for your dedication to highlighting areas for improvement in the BIC!

@TeamBIC    Just to add my voice to the chorus, I'm experiencing all the tagging issues described by @WinglessOne as well. Usually I can figure out some kind of contortion to bring the product up, but not always. Thanks for being on top of this!

Thank you @TeamBIC for being on top of this!

Thanks, @TeamBIC ! 💖💖💖

@TeamBIC - I also have the same issue when trying to tag products with apostrophes, accents, em dashes, and any other unusual characters that are not on the standard tablet or cell phone keyboard.

I've also had the same issue when trying to tag a product and multiple copies of the exact same name comes up.

I also get the double # # when typing in a product name on my cell.  Backing out to the first pound sign works, but I have to do it every time.

Samsung Galaxy S7, Android

Samsung Tab 10A, Android tablet

@TeamBIC 

Seconding the long name and the duplicates.

Using @eshoe post as an example, but if I'm wrong, please correct me

Screenshot_20230524-081224.png

One item is tagged in the thread, but the other isn't.

Also, when trying to tag her at the moment, the duplicate happened

Screenshot_20230524-081801.png

Also, if I go to correct an item, say I selected the incorrect one, then the hashtag doubles '##'.  Can also occur when tagging members.

Oh my goodness, @danielledanielle - YES. The hashtag part is so frustrating because it will not delete, either!

@TeamBIC we've noticed that when some of us reply to posts that the person who started the thread sometimes gets tagged.   I admit that I'm not paying close enough attention,  but I think what usually happens is the username of the post you're replying to usually comes up first...but sometimes it's the username of the person who started the thread - hence the mistake.   I've tagged sportygirly by mistake a couple times at least.  And I know I almost did to itscarin on the Ulta GWPs thread.

Hi 🌈

@TeamBIC I just wanted to report that on and off when I try to load photos to the Gallery from my Android Phone ( In Samsung Internet Browser or The App) sometimes it loads my photo sideways

If I resave the photo or change it a bit through cropping or today I added a heart sticker than it kept it right side up after a second try at uploading it. 

Thank you for all the hard work on the site and app 🙏

@CynthieLu @Buootiful Hi you two - so sorry to hear this is happening, and thanks for flagging it to us! 🙁 Out of curiosity, have any of your Gallery images stayed sideways after being published on sephora.com? If you could link me to any examples, this would help our vendor partners investigate what might've gone wrong. Sometimes our team sees photos look sideways during the upload process in Gallery, but actually publish right side up! 😄

Hey hey @GeorginaBT I just wanted to follow up. 

I uploaded a photo recently and even thou it loaded sideways, I went through with posting it.  Later on it published right side up! Thank to for your help 🙂🙏

Oh amazing @CynthieLu! Thanks for this update. The photo loading sideways while you were uploading still isn't ideal, so we'll note that as a continuous issue - we're always working on improvements! 😊

Thank you! I'll let you know if it happens again @GeorginaBT 

I'm too stubborn @GeorginaBT I just keep trying until I find a way to make it load upright 😅

But, if it happens again, I'll post it and see if it rights itself. Thank you for getting back to us 🙏 ❣️

Thanks @CynthieLu  for pointing this out. It's happening to me to random photos in the Lipstick thread. I tried the app and mobile web browser @TeamBIC some pics are sideways.

@Buootiful I'm sorry to hear it's happening to you too 

2,333 Replies
testing