Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Thanks for letting us know @caitbird! We're looking into it with our tech partners. 🙏

Any word on accessing our reviews?  I'd like to write more reviews but it's become to difficult to see what I've already reviewed.   Plus, I check my reviews to let me know what Q&As to check out to provide answers. 

Not quite @greeneyedgirl107 - sorry to share a "no update" update! 😥 We miss the reviews page too; believe it or not, it'll be a pretty complex project for our tech partners, so we're bummed we had to get rid of it while we made improvements to other parts of Ratings & Reviews. We have a lot of Community improvements we want to make, and rest assured this is near the top of the list! 

@GeorginaBT I appreciate the info!!!

Hello @KatieBT @DaneeBT @GeorginaBT. I’m running into an issue when trying to tag products while in the middle of uploading a photo to the gallery. I can upload my photo and easily tag items if they’re in my loves or recently purchased lists. If I have to search for some that isn’t in either list, when I go to select the correct colour/shade, I get something like this. 

IMG_4507.png

I can’t click OK or select or escape out of this drop down menu. I have to close the app, love the products I’m tagging first, then I can select it from that list instead. 

(I’m using a 2022 iPhone SE, running iOS 16.6 and Sephora 23.16.1.)

Oops, thanks for noting this @JoSometimes! Just to clarify, you're not able to scroll through the list shown in your screenshot right? It looks like it is taking over your whole screen and that might be why you're unable to select anything ...

We'll let our tech partners know about this! 🙏

@GeorginaBT I can scroll through the list and select my desired shade but I can’t click OK or Select to confirm my selection or get out of the drop down if I mis-clicked or changed my mind. I’m assuming there’s a button that’s off-screen on my device. 

Hello @TeamBIC 

I just wanted to let you know I uploaded two photos to the gallery last weekend and they didn't upload to my gallery.

Hi @Mellmars1185 I'm sorry to hear that! I'll send you a PM.

@TeamBIC I am having issues with my profile loading on the app. I like checking in on the app once in a while to see if I have access to see my reviews. Now it does not load at all. I get a circle that seems like it is loading but it never loads. I tried reinstalling the app but I still had the same issue.

Spoiler
 1000004713.jpg

Hi @Mellmars1185 - uh oh! Very odd that reinstalling the app didn't solve this issue for you. I've let our tech partners know to look into this, thanks for flagging! 

@GeorginaBT Another thing I noticed is that even though I am signed into the app, it is asking me to join Beauty Insider. It periodically shows I am signed in while asking me to join Beauty Insider.

*Edit* i am also unable to checkout on the app.i am getting this msg

Spoiler
 1000004720.jpg

It is odd because it shows my points but it says to join Beauty Insider. It also gives me the option to sign out. 

***Update*** I can sign in now but can't see deal of the day.

@TeamBIC I just wanted to mention that I noticed my gallery maxes out at 5 & 7 photos. My older pictures are no longer available as I post new ones. Is this a known issue? 

Hi @Mellmars1185! We have seen an issue where new photos weren't showing up in My Gallery, but this maxing out issue is new to us! We're passing this along to our tech partners for a closer look - thanks for bringing it to our attention! 🙏

@TeamBIC I know I mentioned this before but just wanted to post more examples that all my gallery posts recently are appearing under a different username-photos and videos even the ones I posted yesterday. 

IMG_2072.png

IMG_1680.png

Hi again @SportyGirly125! Thanks again for waiting for a fix on this one - our tech partners think they might have a solution! Could you let us know what platform you were using (Sephora app vs mobile web vs desktop web) when you were uploading to Gallery? 

@GeorginaBT @Any update on the pictures posting as another name?

Hi @SportyGirly125! While the issue hasn't been fixed quite yet, it looks like our tech partners are getting closer to a potential solve. 🤞 The examples you shared are proving to be really helpful in their investigation! Thanks again for your help flagging the bug. 

@GeorginaBT @Thank you for the update. 

@GeorginaBT Sephora App

So sorry this is still happening @SportyGirly125! 😥 This is a tricky one that our tech partners continue to work through. Since the issue is affecting your account, I might suggest holding on uploading to Gallery until we know it's fixed for you. We love your Gallery content and hope you're back up and running under the correct username very soon! 

2,333 Replies
testing