Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Not that I love hearing about bugs on the BIC, @WinglessOne, but always love and appreciate your detailed reports... 😅💛 Thanks for this! We'll pass it along to our Forum vendor partners. 

@GeorginaBT  😂 I can’t help it, I was once an IT employee and manager. Our QC team drilled the art of detailed bug reports into our heads. 

Thanks for passing along the info! Something tells me that menu’s not even supposed to be there; I don’t see it at all on the desktop view (well, using my tablet with Chrome in desktop emulator mode). 

@TeamBIC I am starting to see some of my recent reviews on my profile page 😊

@TeamBIC I uploaded a photo the other day and it finally shows my username. The only other things are that my gallery doesn’t display the older photos and there is still a username issue with the ones that I posted a while ago. Baby steps. 

@SportyGirly125 Woo!! So happy to hear it 😊 We've made some improvements in the last couple of weeks, and are still working with our Gallery vendor partners to ensure more Community members' uploads are going to the right place and are attributed to the right username. 

Hello @TeamBIC ! I deleted and installed app today. Since then I have not been receiving my regular email notifications I usually receive when someone tags me. Can you please help? 🙏

@Mellmars1185 @Samtian Hi friends! 😊👋 Thankfully, this isn't a bug - we needed to turn off Community email notifications while we work on a little clean up of conversations here in the Forum. For more info, check out this post: Heads Up! Upcoming Community Forum Post Archival 🧹 

We should have the email notifications up and running in the next few days once the archive is complete. Stay tuned! 🤗

@GeorginaBT Thank you so much for the update! I thought I did something 😅

@TeamBIC Thank you! Sorry I didn't see the update on that post.

Hi @Samtian and @Mellmars1185 - as of ~right now~ email notifications should be back up and running! 😊 Please just tap me if you notice otherwise! 

@GeorginaBT  thank goodness! I just noticed it and was going to say something 🤣 thank you!!

@Mellmars1185 @TeamBIC I only use desktop and today I stopped getting emails as well.

Website on mobile is lagging excessively, I'm on Chrome on an Android.  I tried a different browser (Firefox) and it constantly kicks me out 😭.  I also got an error on chrome just trying to delete a duplicate post

Screenshot_20231016-075735.png

The confirm button was greyed out for awhile 20-30s?)

Screenshot_20231016-075752.png

ETA: I can post now (chrome only), but can't delete that post

@GeorginaBT @TeamBIC Good evening 🌙

I'm having difficulty tagging products in the threads. Common ones I've used before are not appearing for me. 

"#tatcha dewy" brings up only 1 item, Augustinus Bader, I can't bring up any facial moisturizers, just too give you a few examples. thought I would mention it, in case it's effecting more than myself.

Thank you 💜

(I mentioned it back in August, but I still can't upload anything to my gallery. It only shows photos from late July. I keep trying thou 💞)

Hi @CynthieLu! 😊👋 Both of these issues are ones we're aware of - thank you so much for flagging them! The tagging issue will hopefully be fixed overnight - I'll check back in with you tomorrow to see if that's the case. 🤞 I see the same thing on my end, so you're not alone!

Thank you @GeorginaBT. And thanks to everyone's whose hard work keeps BIC running. 💜🙏

Hi @CynthieLu - please let me know if you are still running into tagging issues as of this morning. 😊 Thankfully it looks fixed on my side! 

Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 

Augustinus Bader The Cream with TFC8® Face Moisturizer 

Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair Serum in Cream Treatment 1.7 / 50 

Fabulousness @GeorginaBT  Thank you!🥳🥳

(The only one I can't get is L'Occitaine, it's giving a bit of trouble. if I try to use "L'Occitaine" I can't make it work, I have to use "Almond" or other words from the products name too bring up thier items. )

Yes, unfortunately we've had some product tagging trouble with brands and product names that include characters like apostrophes and accent marks @CynthieLu. 🙁 We're always looking to make improvements - and this is definitely on our list! One of those things that is more technically difficult than it sounds... 😅

I can totally believe it @GeorginaBT. Computer programming is tricky and well above my skill level of comprehending. I'd say just take the special characters out of the tagging process all together, ( L'Occitaine vs LOccitaine) as long as it links to the correct product in the end than it's ok right? lol 😅 but I'm sure that's not even close to the right answer.

Thank you again 💜🩷

I'm with @CynthieLu on this one. L'Occitane is one, Lancome is another. If you can find a workaround, that would be great. Thank you, @TeamBIC !

2,331 Replies
testing