Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@Titian06  I’m getting the same error again too. I’ve been clearing my cache before I go on the site and it lets me in. Hopefully you can get back on. 

Thanks, @sister13 and @ather !  I usually do both your suggestion, but neither have been as reliable as typical. 🤔  I'm blaming it on the upcoming eclipse. 😄

That may be it! I also couldn’t log in yesterday using that method above, lol, and today I was only able to get it to work after closing all my tabs again and closing reopening safari on the iPhone. I hadn’t been having to do that more recently. Ah well, here’s hoping! @Titian06 

We've missed you @Titian06 !

What I've been doing is going to Sephora.com. I have to log in or let it auto-log me in over there on the shopping site. Sometimes I have to click away to another page (still on .com, not Community).

After everything loads and I know I'm logged in on the shopping site, I can usually go to the Community Home, using the link under my profile, and it lets me stay logged in on Community. 

Then, I don't think I can go back and forth. It's annoying instead of being able to log directly into Community. 

I've been having some issues with Loves list on the shopping site. 

Anyway, hope it gets fixed for you! 

@Titian06 Aw we hear you! We've started running back into these errors too. Our tech team is on it - we hope for another fix soon! 

@Titian06 I've been getting on thru rakuten recently!

@greeneyedgirl107  Ah, I didn’t think of trying that! Gonna do that next time I can’t log in on any browser or device. Thanks for the good idea! 

@TeamBIC  I had a recurrence of this login issue yesterday. Switching browsers worked that time. Sorry to hear it’s crept back for other folks too. 

Also yesterday, I kept having to log back into .com when trying to access the .com homepage, my loves list, cart, and BI Summary page, no matter what other page (.com or BIC) I came from. Logins were successful, just annoying to keep doing them. Happened on my iPad with Chrome and Safari, and my iPhone with Chrome. 

@WinglessOne Thanks for reporting this - we've passed along your .com sign in feedback to our technical partners! They're looking into it as we speak. Meanwhile, we're investigating the login issues on Community with our vendor partners; thank you for your patience, and stay tuned for more! 

Thanks @TeamBIC ! I should probably do a full cookies purge tonight, in case part of the problem was a corrupt cookie. Don’t know if it matters, but I was also one of the Rouge folks whose 20% share link had disappeared from the BI Summary page. (My link magically reappeared Saturday afternoon.) Not sure if the 2 problems are related since several others were also missing their share links and might not have kept getting the re-login challenge. 

@WinglessOne lmk how it goes for you.  Are you feeling any better?  💕 💞 ♥️ 💜 💙 

@greeneyedgirl107  I’m feeling MUCH better now, thank goodness. 🙂 Technically I’m still contagious, but I’m well enough to stop self-isolation and just mask up among other people—so I can go pick up my Sephora spring sale BOPIS order. Priorities, you know. 😂

@WinglessOne I'm so relieved that you're doing better!!!!  And, I agree with your priorities!  Enjoy, and keep healing!

This has been working for me, too (thx @greeneyedgirl107 ) if clearing my cookies fails @Titian06 

@danielledanielle glad to be of service!

@danielledanielle @greeneyedgirl107 - I gave it a try too.  It worked, except for the fact I use a different e-mail for my Google login. 🙃

@Titian06 yay!  I never would have thought I'd find a work around!

@KatieBT @TeamBIC 

I just saw this and it’s never okay to respond to someone this way can this please be looked into. 
thank you for all you do 😊

IMG_9717.png

@peculiarzmakeup Thanks for flagging! We have taken care of it. 

Thank you 😊 @keelybt 

Thank you @keelybt

@peculiarzmakeup  FYI, for posts like that, you can click/tap the 3-dots menu (bottom right corner of each post) and use “Report inappropriate content” to alert a BIC mod/admin. I use it when I see someone being a big jerk or notice something odd about a user account. (I recently reported one that seemed to be a brand employee/affiliate promoting a brand’s products and services in all their posts, without disclosing their brand relationship.) Thanks for letting TeamBIC know about this one! 

That is really good to know I appreciate you letting me know that! @WinglessOne 💕

2,331 Replies
testing