Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@lmaster @GeorginaBT If I've been tagged lately I totally have not seen them due to no email notification, so I apologize. I haven't looked to see if I'm getting notifications or not.

My tagged emails just started doing this issue also. I get a lot around 1 am for some reason - working on an Android phone with GMAIL.

Same here for me! 

@PrettyPaint @lmaster Mine are delayed about 5 hours Later 

@SportyGirly125  Yes, me too. I got a bunch in the middle of the night!

@SportyGirly125 yep I totally noticed that after the fact! 🤦 Interesting

Is anyone else having issues where their Rank and post count constantly keeps changing?  It is an annoyance b/c it happens daily and affects the ability to see current post notifications or messages and also to see my current posts / responses.

Further info -- It keeps saying I've ranked up but to Rookie III (that was eons ago) and loses my bookmarks and recent comments in the process.  I log out, clear cookies and log back in and it usually takes me back to my current status so I can get to my bookmarks and most recent posts.  However, I looked today and the last post it shows under my profile screen is from 11 days ago -- not today.  I can find a current post if I'm actively in a thread and my bookmarks are available (no idea if I ranked up to Rising Star III or something else or if I'm just perpetually the same).  Or I can find it if I receive a notification (note if I receive the email notification and it pulls my profile with the wrong rank I can't get the current post).  It's a bit aggravating to keep logging out, clearing cookies and logging back in to try to get to current board messages and check notifications.  Note - I use this in Chrome.  I don't use the app for the BT / BIC. 

Also, not sure if this was meant to be the case but the notifications bell no longer brings up a drop down tag but takes me into a separate window.  I don't know if that is temporary or a new feature but would prefer a drop down box.  Thanks!

@MCSSavvy @Wow I haven’t been having those issues. 

for the bell icon not being a drop down and on a separate screen, this happened when they made upgrades to the BIC page. A lot of us don’t like it. 

@SportyGirly125  -- Good to know that I'm not the only one annoyed by that change.  It really should just be a drop down and not take you the notification page unless you intentionally wanted it.  Maybe they'll change it.    At the top of the board on the community page where it has the photo gallery and groups do the groups get overshadowed by the photo gallery (i.e., become a somewhat unusable portion of a tool bar?).  It may be my screen scaling on that but thought I'd ask.

I also realized when it does this switch it removes the hearts I give on comments. Not all hearts but enough to where I'm annoyed to go back and re-do them to hope they stay.  Not sure why the issues on my end.  Same if I go into IE (outdated I know but I refuse to use Edge and with migraines the app is just not feasible for the BT / BIC).  Hope it gets fixed soon - I can't imagine I'm the only one with the issue.

@MCSSavvy For me the groups do not get overshadowed by the photo gallery and I use the App and the web on my phone as well as dsktop.

Gotcha.  I thought that might be due to my screen /browser scaling.  Thanks for clearing that up for me!! 😁 @SportyGirly125 

Just to be clear - I'm not annoyed to heart comments.  Just to have them disappear and hope they'll be there if I go back and redo them.  😄

Hi there @MCSSavvy! Thanks for outlining the issues you are experiencing on the BIC - I sent you a PM to discuss these them in greater detail. 

@GeorginaBT - 

Funny you mentioned that... I usually don't get dm's and it's been an ongoing issue for quite some time now.  I did get a notification via email.  It included a copy of the message so I read and replied to you via email - unfortunately that is the most reliable way for me to communicate privately.  Thank you for reaching out to help!!! 

Thanks for letting me know @MCSSavvy! I've alerted our vendor partners that you're also unable to receive private messages - that is definitely not ideal.

Unfortunately, we're unable to see responses to automated email notifications about private messages in Community. Although you're not able to receive private messages, would you be willing to send me a private message with your response? 

Thank you again for your patience! Really appreciate it as we investigate these issues. 

Anonymous Insider

@GeorginaBT  -- Ok, didn't know that changed since I've replied that way in the past.  The answer to your question was yes.

Hi @MCSSavvy! Wanted to follow up here: our support team has conducted some testing and want to see if you're still seeing the issues you originally reported related to unexpected rank changes, activity feed missing, and hearts? 

@GeorginaBT  -- My apologies for the delay in my response.  I've not been on BIC since my last reply due to other commitments but I will be back on it the rest of the week and let you know if I still am having issues.  Thanks!

@TeamBIC @SephoraBIC 

I wanted to enter the #BICSpookySweepstakes sweeps, but can't seem to upload a pic to the gallery. I tried both last night and today, multiple times. Help please?

Android, Chrome, mobile site

This is the error I get

Screenshot_20201012-012014.png

And this is what I'm trying to submit

Screenshot_20201012-012027.png

Screenshot_20201012-012046.png

@RGbrown Oh no, sorry you're experiencing issues uploading to the Gallery! I recommend trying to upload a screenshot of your image if possible - sometimes that gets the system to upload correctly. If not, you might also be able to upload from a desktop or from the Sephora mobile application. 

Let me know if you continue to see issues! Want to make sure you're able to enter our sweepstakes. 

@GeorginaBT 

I get the same error when trying to upload a screenshot of my pic.

I don't have room on my phone for the app, so that's out. And while the workaround of "do it from a computer" is possible, I likely won't mess with it, as it's a hassle to move pics from my phone to my desktop. 

I suppose that's one less entry, leaving better odds for everyone else. I wonder how many others have had trouble and either don't know how/where to report it, or just haven't bothered? I can't be the only one. 

If some folks having trouble with the gallery is a known issue (and your response with ways around the problem seems to indicate this is the case), why on Earth is a sweepstakes based on using it? Not everyone has multiple ways to access the site to employ these workarounds when some part of Sephora's system doesn't work correctly, and I see no alternate method of entry. If Sephora is going to host a contest on their platform, they should make sure that platform actually works. 

PS, I'm not yelling at you personally, I promise. I'm just frustrated at Sephora for expecting folks to work around the broken bits of the board, instead of fixing them. 

testing