Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@naturalooks15 - I'm sorry you're having problems again!  I used my Samsung phone and Chrome a couple of hours ago to make a post that included a pic.  I didn't have any problems.  My only thought is to check that you have all the latest updates for your OS.  🤔

Nevermind. Just tried it on chrome on my iPhone and same issue, took me to app main page. Even if it takes me to the post I was trying to reply to it would work but this takes me to the app main page and just dropped me there 🙂

Thanks @Titian06  I am on iPhone so on Safari. I'll try downloading chrome and see if that works. I guess best solution would be to fix 'Community' on the app but I can understand how that may not be high priority for a company. 

I have stopped getting email notifications on all boards.  Is there a fix?  Thanks!

This has happened before but then it was fixed, now it’s back. When I’m using the mobile website via iPad (latest iOS) and I want to heart or reply it always takes me to the app. However I can’t open community in the app because it constantly circles, either after redirect from mobile website or trying to open directly from app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled app. The only way I can reply is to click reply open in new tab. And I can’t heart at all.

@CheerMomma What I do to prevent it is type www.sephora.com again in the search bar and hit enter and it logs me back in instead of switching me to the app.

Even if I am logged in, it takes me to the app when trying to 'heart' or 'reply'. I give up after few tries. My work is also more strict so I don't want to do it on my work laptop and anyways avoid during workday so most convenient is using my mobile in the evening/night. If that doesn't work then I just start to drift away from here.

Hey @TeamBIC @GeorginaBT not sure if this is part of your guys’ domain, but I’m having issues uploading a review via the Sephora app. I’ve been trying last night and this evening, but I keep getting the loading symbol when I hit the “Next” button until eventually my phone goes to sleep and when I wake it, the app reloads to the homepage. Any way to fix this?

C17F7EB8-24A2-46C5-AC0B-C58842650414.png

Hey @Guessgal! You've come to the right place - Ratings & Reviews are indeed part of Community. 😊

So sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues - we're actually actively working on a bug where iOS users are not able to post reviews with photos attached from the Sephora app. If you visit the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez With Gratitude Dewy Lip Balm Support product page on sephora.com via a mobile or desktop web browser, you should be able to submit your review and photo there in the meantime! Apologies again for the inconvenience. 

@GeorginaBT Oh I see, thank you so much for the swift response and alternate solution! 🤗

Still not receiving notifications or tags @KatieBT @GeorginaBT . I did PM you guys and think your gang is working on it so thank you. Just wanted to mention it’s still not fixed. 🤗🥰

Thank you for the update @Sunnysmom! Appreciate you keeping us in the loop. Our vendors are continuing to work out a solution here - unfortunately several users are experiencing issues with their notifications. We will keep you updated on a fix! 

Thanks so much @GeorginaBT ! 😘 

@KatieBT @TeamBIC, I have been unable to download photos in both the Sephora website and the app! I always get the “ invalid HTML” error and I have no idea what to do. I’ve tried posting yesterday for a few hours and today it’s not better. I’m using an IPad for reference. These issues have been happening since the changes made this summer. HELP ! 

I forgot to mention that I’m technically challenged! 🙄 ( ever since I updated my laptop to Windows 10, I’ve completely stopped using it and it’s probably full of viruses but is COVID-19 free ! ) I’m trying to make a sad situation into a better one.... because I feel like crap right now! 🥺

@ShortErica @TeamBIC  Hey, guess what I can do now—but only when I draft content in Apple Notes and copy/paste it to BIC: 

Spoiler
I can 
  • Create 
  • Bullet 
  • Lists 
  • Inside 
  • Spoilers! 
Also, 
  1. Numbered 
  2. Lists! 
This only works if I write content in Notes first with no list formatting, like this: 
Spoiler
I can 
Create 
Bullet 
Lists 
Inside 
Spoilers! 

Also, 
Numbered 
Lists! 
When I copy all that and paste it inside a spoiler, I can select the lines I want to turn into a bullet/numbered list, click the appropriate list-making icon, and bam: list formatted! This hasn't worked for me in so long, I was shocked when it did today (I tested on a whim while posting in the October Hauls thread)! 

If I type content directly into the spoiler and try to select lines to format as a list, or just click the bullet/number list-maker icon to start a list before typing the list content, I still get the "nope, let's make the entire spoiler tag a bullet" bug result. 😞 I also tried this with TextEdit which is the Apple equivalent of MS Notepad, and it's also glitchy, though in a different way: you only get one visible bullet inside the spoiler. 

So, the issue isn't resolved yet. But at least there's a workaround to create bullets even without the BIC/Lithium html editor (which I'm still super sad about losing), if you're a Mac or iOS user. I'm not sure what the Windows or Android equivalent workaround is... I haven't tested this using something like MS Word or Apple Pages because I assume both apps would generate too much junk code. 

Oh darn, I'm on Android @WinglessOne but I'm glad you made progress on finding a workaround. I'll have to try in Notes or something just for the heck of it. Thanks for the update!

This morning I am not getting tag emails

@SportyGirly125 @GeorginaBT  Hey, I'm finally getting notifications again! (I wasn't getting any this morning, either.) In addition to very recent (within 2 minutes) notifications, I now see all the notifications I missed hours ago. I'm on my Mac laptop running Catalina and using Chrome, if that matters—but I also had this no-notifications issue via Chrome on my iPhone today. 

Same @SportyGirly125 @GeorginaBT no tagged emails, but it seems like it's certain people I'm not getting the tag for 🤔

@lmaster @GeorginaBT If I've been tagged lately I totally have not seen them due to no email notification, so I apologize. I haven't looked to see if I'm getting notifications or not.

testing