Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@KatieBT 

Not to further bombard you guys, but I’m in Canada and my prices are coming up in USD when I tag. So it’s like a switch was flipped 🤷🏼‍♀️

@KatieBT I used to get notifications straight to my email for pm and when I'm getting tagged, and that is not happening anymore 😥

@KatieBT - I'm not receiving emails for threads I subscribe to or when I'm tagged (I haven't received any PMs yet).  This began earlier this past week.

@KatieBT @lmaster Yes, this is happening to me too! At first, I thought that maybe it was just that I wasn't participating enough, but then I'd browse BIC and check the notifications tab and see that I got tagged in posts, yet didn't receive emails about it

@KatieBT stuff happened and I forgot to mention that a few weeks ago I got a notification that I had leveled up to Boss I, which I thought was cool, but that wasn't the case apparently :D. On a desktop PC Chrome browser (don't know if that matters or not). I just remember that this used to be a thing about a year or so ago with people getting a notification that they had leveled up and that wasn't so. Maybe it's coming back??

@KatieBT @TeamBIC 

Notifications are...weird. The bell icon menu isn't working/displaying content like it used to. Before, when one clicked on "see all" after opening the bell, it would take you to a page with your most recent 25 notifications, and a button at the bottom to "see more". 

Now, I get a page that shows anywhere from 3 to 16 of my most recent notifications, and NO option to see anything older than that. 

And as reported below, I am also not getting emails for @tags.

@KatieBT, hope you are doing well. 🤗 There seems to be a couple of hiccups with my notifications -

(1) I’m getting notice of tags but the notification section only shows a small handful of them, even when I select the “show more” or “view all” features.

(2) I’m also getting notification of tags that suggest they are recent tags but when I click on it, it takes me to posts / tags that occurred in 2019 - one was to a post dated 3.3.2019 and another to a post dated 5.21.2019. Nothing in those posts or the original thread shows that the thread had been updated recently.

@KatieBT I miss seeing the tagged products in blue.  That was super helpful.  I'm still getting used to a couple other features, but we'll see how they go 🙂

Tagging products is a lot more difficult I’m finding (mobile site) using the same key words I would always use, is yielding different results and not the product I’m trying to tag. 

@GG84 @CookieGirl1 do you mind sharing specific examples so I can look into them? If there's something that works on desktop but not mobile web I would definitely like to test it out so let me know if that's an issue as well. 

I noticed that the ability to tag specific products without including the exact shade isn't possible. We're investigating how to get that updated. Is that what you're referring to? 

As always, we appreciate your feedback!

@KatieBT 

Sorry! I didn’t get a notification about your reply. 
For example hashtag stress would normally yield me Dr Dennis Gross Stress Rescue line; now however I get this 

3574E7F3-A076-4202-8CFD-06D5D6316DE5.png

 only 2 of those products are even available for sale in Canada lol. 

@GG84 @KatieBT I've been having the same problem.

@KatieBT

I have the same problem on my phone and computer.

I also hate that it makes you choose a product color such as foundation or eyeliner color instead of before where choosing a color was an option

@KatieBT @Ever since the change I haven’t been getting notification emails when I get tagged.  I started noticing it today  

Ditto, @KatieBT

@KatieBT same I'm not getting notifications at all 😥

@KatieBT I just noticed the same thing.  😞

I’m in the same boat, @SportyGirly125. Just realized this afternoon! @KatieBT 

I love the update to the mobile web pages (bold, etc easy buttons without having to go to the desktop page), but I'm having trouble uploading photos. They keep showing up fuzzy? Any help would be appreciated. Am I missing something?

 See example below, this is a screenshot!

EDIT: It looks like when you click on it, it is no longer fuzzy but it is just in the post itself.

Screenshot_20200709-104111.png

@haleyvvvv 

I've noticed the fuzzies too when I upload from the mobile site. I played around a little, and figured out a fix, but it's work we shouldn't really need to do. 

From the full site, edit your post with the fuzzy pic. Click on the pic in the editor, and a small toolbar will show up just under it. Select the large format. Once saved as large, it won't show fuzzy on mobile anymore. I haven't found a way to accomplish via mobile though...full site only 😞

sephora edit large.png

@KatieBT 

Fixing fuzzies via the full site shouldn't have to be done once a pic/screenshot has been posted from the mobile site. In the past, the default for mobile site pic posting was "large image" format. Can that please be reinstated? It seems medium is now the default, and it's messing with resolution on the mobile site. (Or, alternately, can we have an option to pick photo size via mobile?)

Thanks, @RGbrown!!

3 Replies
testing