Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@KatieBT 

Thanks! The photos displaying on the feed seem to have gone back to normal (yay!), so hopefully that'll stay fixed.

Malday on the feed was *exactly* what first caught my eye too, and I was sad when I realized it wasn't true ❣️

@RGbrown good news!! Sometimes we experience unforseen growing pains when make any changes so I trust you'll let me know if you see anything else 🙂 

@KatieBT @TeamBIC 

Just wanted to make sure you followed my timestamps. Photos displayed in the feed *were* correct for a while yesterday afternoon/evening, but as of around 330am Central on 3/13, they have gone back to backwards, displaying the oldest first instead of the newest. They remain out of whack as of now (1pm Central, 3/13). 😥

@RGbrown noted!! Thank you for the additional explanation. 

@KatieBT @TeamBIC I've been seeing people tag items, but the pics don't seem to be coming up at the bottom of the post like they used to.  I found this so helpful!  Not sure if this has been reported yet.

@greeneyedgirl107 I have not seen this yet. Do you mind sharing a screenshot with me next time you see it? What device are you using and if in a browser, which browser are you on? 

@KatieBT I use chrome on my desktop, so I don't think I can send you a screenshot.  I will post a link the next time I notice it, and maybe that will help 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107  If you use *shift* *apple* (if you're on a mac - similar placement as on a PC) *4*, you will get a crossbar with a circle. Use that to scroll over the area you want to screenshot. It will show up on your desktop as a png file.

@jozkid Thanks for the tip!  I'm bookmarking this 🙂  There was a time when I thought I was OK at computers, but that was years ago.  It's frustrating!

@greeneyedgirl107 yes that would help, thank you!

@KatieBT @TeamBIC 

Is anyone else having trouble uploading photos all of a sudden? I've done a little playing on my end, and it seems if I take a screenshot, and then crop it to get rid of extraneous stuff, I can't upload it anymore...I get a "invalid file type" error. If I DON'T crop the screenshot, it uploads just fine (but I find all of the extra stuff at the top and bottom incredibly ugly and unnecessary...no one needs to know my remaining battery or current temp, and I'd just as soon post prettier, more concise pics). I am doing screenshots from my phone the same way I always have, and they are the same file type they've always been, so I'm a little baffled as to why cropping them is suddenly interfering with me posting them. I had this same problem a couple of days ago, but it seemed to resolve itself after a couple of tries, but tonight...I can't seem to get around it at all. 

Android, Chrome, mobile site

Screenshot_20200124-003112.png

Uncropped screenshot of the error I get when trying to upload a cropped screenshot. Both cropped and uncropped screenshots are .png for me. I have not run across this issue (yet?) with camera pics, which are .jpg for me.

RE: Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@RGbrown I’m having that problem. I realized that I uploaded the same pic twice on ND thread. When I try to add the pic it seems like it’s going through but it doesn’t. I had to do a new thread to upload the pic. Which that one went through

@RGbrown I sometimes crop my pics on my phone and airdrop it to my MacBook. When doing this, I noticed that the file would read as a .HEIC instead of a .JPG and so wouldn’t allow me to upload on BIC. Not sure if this is the same issue you’re having, as I haven’t experienced this issue on mobile  but thought I’d mention just in case @TeamBIC 

@Guessgal 

Thanks for that...it prompted me to update my post with a bit more info. I've only had the issue with screenshots, which are .png for me (both cropped and uncropped). My camera pictures are .jpg, and don't give me any trouble either way. It makes no sense. 

Hi BIC!

The team and I wanted to let you know that we have noticed an issue with private messaging which some of you may have noticed as well. Our PMs don't look like they're sending and then our "sent" message folders aren't loading so it's hard to tell if a PM was sent or not. 

Wanted to share a hack with you all while we investigate this issue! After writing my PM and hitting the send button, it looks like like my message is taking a long time to send or just stuck in loading limbo. It's a little stressful to do so, but when I left the PM page I got a notification that my PM was sent (see below). This isn't ideal but good to know that you can still send PMs! If you try to check your "sent" folder it may not load unfortunately. Be sure to copy the text of your PM just in case it doesn't send. It may also be helpful for those who receive PMs to PM back and let them know you received their message. 

PM Sent.png

We will keep you updated on this issue. If anyone is lucking out and not experiencing any issues PMing please let me know what browser you're using as well as your device. 

@KatieBT @LexBT @AlexBT @TeamBIC 

Notifications seem to be down (or just extreeeeemely delayed...I'm having a few trickle in an hour and a half to two hours after the fact). Of course, no one's gonna see this notification for a couple hours or until after it's been fixed, so I'm not sure what good it does for me to post it now lol.

This applies both to notifications in the bell menu, and to the emails I get when someone tags me. 

(edit: if I even get an email at all...some tags, I haven't yet, and I dunno if they're just even further delayed, or not coming at all)

@RGbrown @KatieBT  I've been having the same issue as well. I also have been having so much trouble hearting and replying to posts. I'm even getting these random error messages about ticket authentification mismatch or something bizarre. 

I'm having the same issue, @PrettyPaint. I am routinely getting locked out from hearting and replying. @KatieBT I'm on chrome (both desktop and mobile) if that matters.

@quspork  Yup, same for me (mobile and PC). This is actually the most trouble I have ever had posting! Yikes!

@quspork  I’m actually having this issue on all devices and browsers it seems. Chrome, Firefox, safari, PC, iPhone, iPad, you name it! 🙂

@PrettyPaint @quspork @KatieBT  I’ve been having the same issue of getting signed out repeatedly/unable to sign in/ticket authorization errors. I’ve had it happening mostly on safari, phone and laptop. Tried using a different laptop last night and had it happen on internet explorer and Firefox as well. 

testing