Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Though I can find my updated profile on the app, the one on the website hasn't been updated in a month or more.  Any chance that could be fixed?  🙂

Does anyone els not get email notifications when you get private messages or mentions? I ALWAYS did then it just abruptly stopped. 

@GG84 this is a known issue we've been working on as well as the issue with in-Community notifications. Thanks for bubbling up your concern as I can share with our tech partners. 

@KatieBT97D1849D-1820-4686-A6F9-A51072C571E0.gif

So remember I mentioned I wasn’t getting email alerts all of a sudden? *Crawls under a rock* 

Totally not a BIC issue. I had some time this weekend to sort through my emails...they were all there. In my junk folder 🤦‍♀️ Literally hundreds of them. I’m sorry. 

Totally was happening to me last month, too!  They all slid into my junk mail. Wild! @GG84 @KatieBT 

@GG84 this GIF is everything! And don't worry about it, but it is concerning they were in your junk when they clearly were not before... This is all good information to have on hand so thank you for this update 🙂 

Oh! And be sure to mark the email domain sending you notifications as safe sender if you haven't already!

@KatieBT I don't know that I ever got emails from BIC. Do I need to change a setting? Or, has this been an issue for a while?

@skcfan @GG84 yes this is a setting you can change! I would make sure the emails aren't going into your email spam/clutter if you do enable email notifications! 

We have BIC FAQs linked on the top right of the Conversations landing page which explains how to edit your settings: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/BEAUTY-INSIDER-COMMUNITY-FAQs/m-p/2825445

How do I update my Conversation settings?

To update your notifications, click on the bell in the black Community navigation bar. From there, click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner. This will take you to a page where you can update your Conversations notification settings and more.

Thank you @KatieBT !

@skcfan Really? I always got emails. I’m not even sure if it’s a setting or not to be honest, anytime I get a PM or Mention, normally I instantly get an email notifying me however it abruptly stopped and I feel so out of the loop lol 

@GG84 Nope, no emails. I get all the Sephora marketing emails, though. I wonder if I turned something off when I first joined BIC/BT, because that was quite a while ago.

@GG84  It’s been an ongoing issue for me, and it happens kinda randomly. Sometimes the email notifications are simply delayed up to 24 hours. Other times, I never get them. And I’m not sure this issue always coincides with not getting on-BIC notifications (no red dot beside the bell icon). Not long ago, I didn’t know I had new private messages until another BIC member tagged me in a post to let me know she’d sent me one. ☹️

@WinglessOne 

Yikes, I didn't know this was an issue...I don't think I've ever not received a notification for a pm!

But in any case, just in case...check your PM's...I sent you one last night 😊

Hi all - I’m back with a quick update here.

We've been working with our tech partners on this issue throughout the day and are going to be making an update this evening around 10:30pm PT. This update is so that our tech partners can continue to gather data and troubleshoot what might have happened. During this time, you may see an error message or maintenance page. We are just as confused as you all about why this happened and please know that the rank adjustment was meant to be additive for all members of Community and not punitive in any way. We're so sorry for the inconvenience, but know that we are all over this issue.

Hi @KatieBT . I wasnt experiencing this issue but I noticed it over the weekend. I'm a rookie again and was at GG1. If only I was 20 again. lol 🙂 Is it still an issue? Thanks for your help as always! 🙂

@KatieBT , it seems to have been fixed for some folks but not for everyone (myself and @faeriegirl included). Thanks for continuing to work on it!

@curlychiquita  Mine was correct until Friday, I think. 😄 I assume I was among the last batch of folks whose ranks were messed up, so I’ll be among the last to see a correction. For anyone whose rank is still wrong, I recommend patience. 🙂 

Oh, ger, I hope you're fixed soon, @WinglessOne!

I haven't been fixed, either.  But some have. @curlychiquita 

I just got fixed today, @l8totheparty. I hope you are soon! @HunterKathleen, too!

Thanks for the update! I just reached Rising Star I the other day and now today saw I’m all the way back down to Rookie I. 😭 All that hard work (ha!) gone so fast! 

Hope it gets fixed soon! Thanks for all your hard work.

13 Replies
testing