Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: @KatieBT @TeamBic in skincare aware our whole masking thr...

@lmaster is this still broken? I was able to find the masking thread but let me know!

Re: @KatieBT @TeamBic in skincare aware our whole masking thr...

@KatieBT thank you! @StephanieBT got it back for us, thanks so much!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

thank you for the update and always being on top of things 🙂

@KatieBT Hi - My rank is moving around randomly this morning- I keep getting random notifications for different statuses  - @eshoe is experiencing the same thing. Thanks!!

@Kim888  I noticed this this morning too. Was wondering if I was seeing things 😶

@Kim888 I didn't get a notification, but it seems like I'm back to rookie I lol

oh well

@Kim888  haha yes. I seem to have gone back to a rookie, so it’s not just you. Congrats on your new status 😩

@PrettyPaint haha yeah it's looking like quite a few people reading through the threads! oh well hopefully it's just a weird glitch!

Not you too @Kim888! I noticed something was off with the rankings. It isn't impacting me but so many people seem to be Rookie I that weren't yesterday. Looks like you're already up to Rookie III! See if you can level up faster than the spambots. 😉

Ha, my rank hasn’t budged in over a year so even a false rank up would be exciting! Still waiting on that “You’ll rank up in no time” promise. 

@alexasteph same - I've been in GG2 purgatory forever.

Image result for forever gif

Thanks for tagging me @Kim888!

@KatieBT  I know I’ve reported this before, but it’s happening again: I can’t reach my profile page. Whether I navigate to that page from A BIC page or a Sephora page, I get this sequence of unfortunate events. These screenshots are via iPhone with Safari. 

Profile page tries to load; maybe Sephora’s trying to pop the app from here?Profile page tries to load; maybe Sephora’s trying to pop the app from here?

Initial error message flashes for a second.Initial error message flashes for a second.

No bleep, Safari. :(No bleep, Safari. 😞

This began last night, immediately after I saved some profile changes (new photo and I think a skin concern) vis iPad with Safari. I tapped save and was thrown into the above sequence. Apparently my changes stuck—I see my updated photo here—but now I’m error-locked out of my entire profile. I dumped all Sephora and BIC/Lithium cookies from iPad Safari, closed and relaunched the browser, and still have this problem. I haven’t tried via a different browser or my laptop yet. 

I guess I could also try the app, assuming profiles are available there. But I’d rather not have to launch the app. Last time this happened, it magically “fixed” itself several weeks (months, maybe) later across all devices, making me believe that is a Sephora system problem, not an end user problem. 

UPDATE: I’m using Firefox via iPad (iOS 12) right now. From BIC Conversations page, I navigated to Profile. In Firefox, that link pops the Sephora app. 😡 So I guess that’s what’s causing this profile lockout problem: Safari won’t launch the app, probably due to the way I have it set—because I DON’T WANT TO USE THE APP, at least not while I’m on BIC and trying to do something as simple as update my profile. 

This further encourages me to delete the app from all my devices. I’m even more frustrated by this problem now. I hate being forced to launch the app. 

I noticed at the top of the page in the community, it still mentions 3 samples with any purchase.

Capture.PNG

@KatieBT @TeamBIC 

HELP!

I think I've found the weirdest error ever. At some point in the last hour or so, I have been "BANNED" from BIC...

but only when I try to access via my phone. Desktop is fine (and is of course where I'm posting this from (full site/Chrome/Win7))

Mobile site/Chrome/Android, even after a cookie dump, this is all I get when I try to log into BIC via phone. The shopping side of the mobile site seems fine for me, but I can't access the Community AT ALL.

Screenshot_20190609-212622.png

Hi @RGbrown ,

I am so sorry for the trouble! This looks like an error and it should now be resolved. Please log out and log back in, and send me a private message if any further assistance is needed. Thank you!

Warm regards,

Laurie

@LaurieBT 

Ah, lightning quick! You have my eternal gratitude! 💕

@KatieBT strangely enough, even if I'm "mentioned" by someone else, I'm not getting any email notifications about it today like I normally do.

I'm not receiving notifications or emails when I'm tagged either. I just recieved one notification about being tagged in a post an hour ago, but nothing else. @CookieGirl1 😞

testing