Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Came here to post about this as well! I really dislike that “REPLY” sends me to the Sephora app. I’m assuming that this is Sephora’s attempt to get more people to use the Community part via the app, but I much prefer the browser. 

I see some things don't change! 😂 😂

I have the same thing happen to me. I’ve been holding my finger on the reply arrow and letting it ask me if I wanna open it on another page. It’s a pain. 

@GG84 @KatieBT, I've been experiencing the same thing with my phone defaulting to the Sephora app whenever I try to go to the website - this happens whether I'm using Chrome or Safari. There was an update and I thought that would fix it but nope, still happening.

@WinglessOne @PrettyPaint 

Yeah, it’s really driving me nuts @itsfi. I usually post from an iPad, so I haven’t been able to post as much lately. 

@GG84  I haven’t had this problem on my iPhone or iPad. I also haven’t logged into the app in months. Links from Sephora promo emails always launch the app; I always quickly shut it down before it can load its home screen. 😡 I wonder what’s making BIC links pop the app for you and others? That would drive me insane! Kinda makes me wanna preemptively delete the app, lest I also start having this problem. 

@GG84  I’ve been experiencing this as well. I’m not sure if I should delete the app or what. The only way around it for me at least has been to make sure I’m logged in already by checking my order status or something, and then go to BIC from there after I’m completely logged in first through the main Sephora page. After that, it lets me reply to posts without being automatically directed to the app. 

@PrettyPaint I tried doing what you said works for you and it was no help to me. I’m not sure how to bypass this happening other then to keep the app deleted. Very strange!!! 

Oh no, sorry that was no help @GG84. I am considering deleting the app, though I’m a little bit worried about missing app exclusives releases. 

@GG84 I am having the same problem. I had to delete the app too.

@KatieBT I’ve tried reinstalling it but it keeps doing the same thing and taking me straight to the app.

@GG84 same!! it's driving me nuts!

@GG84 same!! it's driving me nuts!

Re: @GG84 same!! it's driving me nuts!

@lmaster Okay so it’s not just me. I can’t keep browsing the app like I normally do, I fully have to keep the app deleted to post 😡

@KatieBT I exclusively use my phone (iPhone X) and don’t access the community through the app. 

I cannot tag products without this happening: 438CE861-04C0-44B6-9ED1-66436F1059DA.png

I will use the hashtag and then all that appears and messes up the whole post. The only way to fix it is to delete all the text that auto populated and try again 🤷🏻‍♀️

@GG84 @pocketvenus @WinglessOne 

I posted about this issue earlier. It happens mostly when I try to hashtag a product after I’ve tagged someone. If I press enter after the name tag it doesn’t happen so that’s a temporary fix. Same if tagging more than one product.

@makeitup305thanks for the tip, this fix works for me too! @GG84 @WinglessOne 

@GG84 @KatieBT , I've experienced this as well, inconsistently, using Firefox/desktop.

@pocketvenus Interesting, it happens on desktop too. So it’s not isolated to mobile. 

@GG84  and @WinglessOne  thanks for reporting this issue! Tagging products is... less than easy these days and we have seen this odd issue when tagging product. It's a BIG project to fix but we are working on it as well as other issues in the "text box." I will share your feedback with the team working on this.  

Thanks @KatieBT! Good to know it’s a known issue that’s on the fix-it list. 

@GG84  @KatieBT  This also happens to me on my iPhone (iOS 12.1.2 and Safari), and I don’t use the app either. I’ve given up on tagging products via phone. 

I’m on BIC via iPad far more often than iPhone. Unfortunately, this problem also happens via Safari on my iPad (iOS 12.1.1; this reminds me to upgrade both tablet and phone OS), but less frequently. On my iPad, it usually only happens in these 2 scenarios: 

1. Multiple product tags: I can tag the first product just fine (well, minus the SUPER ANNOYING way tagging works/behaves now; I think I reported that earlier in this thread). But when I type a hashtag to start a second product tag (after hitting enter/return to insert line breaks between tagged content), my cursor jumps back up to my first tag and botches it exactly the way GG84 showed. This glitch is very random. It hasn’t happened to me in 2 weeks. When it strikes, it doesn’t matter where I try to place my second product tag: directly below the first tag; in the same paragraph as the first tag, whether separated by non-tagged words or not; in a new paragraph as the first words; in a new paragraph after non-tagged words; etc. 

2. Spoilers: I sometimes like to drop lots of info in spoiler tags and use product tags there. But this problem sometimes happens as soon as I try to tag my first product. Other times, I can tag a product but not a second one. If I tag multiple products outside a spoiler tag, sometimes I can cut all that content and paste it into a spoiler, so at least there’s a workaround. 

I haven’t tried any of this with a different browser via iPad yet. 

Is anyone back to having notifications missing for tags? I was having the same issue over a month ago, then it was fixed. This week I’m back to not getting notifications about being mentioned in a comment? 

testing